Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tanzania police squad to hunt gay people

The Caspian Hare

Residents in Tanzania’s biggest city have been urged to inform on their neighbours and friends ahead of a police operation to hunt down and jail homosexuals.

A 17-member committee appointed by Paul Makonda, Dar es Salaam’s powerful regional commissioner, will attempt to identify all gay men living in the coastal city after it first convenes next Monday.

Mr Makonda, a close ally of Tanzania’s president, John Magufuli, said that a list of 200 suspects had already been drawn up thanks to public tip-offs and a trawl through Tanzanians’ social media accounts.

“I have information about the presence of many homosexuals in our province,” he told reporters. “These homosexuals boast on social networks. Give me their names. My ad hoc team will begin to get their hands on them next Monday.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/01/tanzania-announces-surveillance-squad-hunt-homosexuals/

• Sad 1

Jeeze! 

But our government still encourage trading there

We help UK companies succeed in Tanzania, and Tanzanian companies set up and invest in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/exporting-to-tanzania/exporting-to-tanzania

And the "challenges", which as yet do not include their government being homophobic

Challenges doing business in Tanzania

Tanzania is an emerging market. The challenges of doing business in Tanzania include:

Maybe our government will include that in future? 

Can not believe we do business with countries today where homosexuality is illegal. Money sure does talk! 

• Like 2

I just don't understand why we cannot live and let live. Who are we to judge others? Yes, I'm probably naive but really? Sigh... humanity needs to get a grip

• Like 3

Tanzania is also renown for the murder of albinos because they believe their body parts brings people good luck.  Not sure that country's reached the stone age yet.

• Like 3

On 05/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, Black Red Devil said:

Tanzania is also renown for the murder of albinos because they believe their body parts brings people good luck.  Not sure that country's reached the stone age yet.

Happens in many parts of Africa ,especially in the more rural areas, not just Tanzania. Quite a few cases here in South Africa , google Muti Killings/Murders.

• Like 2