Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits To Lying

susieice

2 hours ago, susieice said:

More politics. The FBI concluded it's investigation and found no evidence against Kavanaugh. Now the women are admitting they lied. They are being referred to the DOJ.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/3/another-kavanaugh-accuser-admits-fabricating-rape-/

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/254225

FOX-

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-challenges-dems-after-kavanaugh-accuser-allegedly-admits-to-making-false-rape-claim

CNN- No report I can find.

Well, I quoted this then read the comments already on the thread. 

What's the point? You know you're misrepresenting these articles. You know only one person, and not the accuser, has admitted lying but you won't let that get in the way of pushing your agenda, will you? 

I suppose, by your playbook, the Dems should all insist any false allegations are a false flag, obviously perpetrated by republicans to make democrats look bad :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I think this situation is worth pointing out because when it came to Kavanaugh everyone suddenly got amnesia to the fact that people lie in high stakes politics. 

Rape victims are often not belived and is a huge problem, that also does not mean that all accusations are true. The timing for the kavanough scandal was to perfect to not have skeptical lenses on. 

I agree the thread title is a little misleading 

I've always been a big proponent of "trust but verify".  The truly deceitful will try and shut down the investigations into the truth.  When that happened in the Kavanaugh hearings, it kinda led more credence to Ford.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Did you not read the article? She did not write the letter. The article doesn't say the letter includes a false statement. It says she admits not even writing it in the first place. Unless she appeared in front of Congress or the FBI, claiming to be the author, she cannot possibly be charged with a crime.

Yes she can.

"My name is Jane Doe, from Oceanside CA. I am sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car. Here is the letter that I sent to Sen. Kamala Harris on Sept. 19 with details of this vicious assault. The Senate Judiciary Comm had a phone interview on Sept. 26 with Kavanaugh to ask him about my letter.

I refuse to allow Donald J. Trump to use me or my story as an ugly chant at one of his Republican rallies. I know that Jane Doe will get no media attention, but I am deathly afraid of revealing any information about myself or my family. I watched in horror as Trump vilified Dr. Blasey-Ford. I will not allow this abuse to be directed toward me."

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/11/03/woman-denies-sent-graphic-jane-doe-letter-claiming-sexual-assault-kavanaugh/

She sent that to the committee, claiming ownership of the Jane doe letter.  That is what is getting her in trouble and not the Jane Doe letter

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The letter she sent claiming to be Jane doe is what is getting her into legal trouble and not the Jane doe letter.

EXACTLY!  That is what I have been trying to say.  That is why I said the title of the OP is MISLEADING.  It's not an accuser admitting to lying, it's a woman lying about being an accuser.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Yes she can.

"My name is Jane Doe, from Oceanside CA. I am sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car. Here is the letter that I sent to Sen. Kamala Harris on Sept. 19 with details of this vicious assault. The Senate Judiciary Comm had a phone interview on Sept. 26 with Kavanaugh to ask him about my letter.

I refuse to allow Donald J. Trump to use me or my story as an ugly chant at one of his Republican rallies. I know that Jane Doe will get no media attention, but I am deathly afraid of revealing any information about myself or my family. I watched in horror as Trump vilified Dr. Blasey-Ford. I will not allow this abuse to be directed toward me."

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/11/03/woman-denies-sent-graphic-jane-doe-letter-claiming-sexual-assault-kavanaugh/

She sent that to the committee, claiming ownership of the Jane doe letter.  That is what is getting her in trouble and not the Jane Doe letter

From that article:

Several weeks later, after the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings had concluded and the full Senate had voted to confirm Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination, committee chairman Senator Charles Grassley revealed in a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI director Christopher Wray that a woman named Judy Munro-Leighton had sent the committee’s staff an email with the subject line “I am Jane Doe from Oceanside CA — Kavanaugh raped me” and claimed to be the author of that anonymous letter

It would have to be determined whether or not sending an email to the staff of the committee could be viewed the same as submitting a declaration to Congress under the threat of perjury. I don't believe it would. I think that's a stretch of the definition. For one, how can her email be considered a declaration when she doesn't even identify herself? An anonymous declaration is worthless, which was why the actual letter wasn't given much attention in the first place. Possibly more importantly, it wasn't sent in any official manner or presented to Congress through official channels. You can't be charged for lying to a Congressman, you have to lie to 'Congress', officially.

I guess we'll see, but I'd be surprised if she was charged with perjury under those circumstances.

Edit - actually, looking at the text from the law that you provided a link for, her email doesn't even come close to qualifying:

Wherever, under any law of the United States or under any rule, regulation, order, or requirement made pursuant to law, any matter is required or permitted to be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the sworn declaration, verification, certificate, statement, oath, or affidavit, in writing of the person making the same (other than a deposition, or an oath of office, or an oath required to be taken before a specified official other than a notary public), such matter may, with like force and effect, be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the unsworn declaration, certificate, verification, or statement, in writing of such person which is subscribed by him, as true under penalty of perjury, and dated, in substantially the following form:

(1)
If executed without the United States: “I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date).

(Signature)”.

(2)
If executed within the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths: “I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date).

(Signature)”.

Her email is miles off being a declaration given under penalty of perjury.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

That is hilarious

What's hilarious is your statement professing neutrality on the heels of biased, misleading comments that suggest otherwise. Furthermore,  you state you are against women who falsely accuse a man of sexual assault, yet do not hesitate to falsely accuse (or misrepresent) some of the women accusing him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, susieice said:

You should know what to expect by now. Just read the articles. It's all anyone knows.

I accept that. The 'greater We', knows nothing at this time and point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I accept that. The 'greater We', knows nothing at this time and point.

Everyone will have to accept it. What the FBI found is in the hands of the DOJ. They make the rulings. Not me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, susieice said:

Everyone will have to accept it. What the FBI found is in the hands of the DOJ. They make the rulings. Not me.

As we all say "Let's wait and see".

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

As we all say "Let's wait and see".

*punch* :D

I know. I'm just posting the news links. They say what they say. Avenatti's client is one that going to the DOJ. You need to read to the bottom of this link. Crap. Old link from another thread stuck. Hang on.

Here ya go.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/second-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-to-doj-after-admitting-she-lied_2707227.html

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

To clear up for people what it looks like the articles are saying.

The articles are saying that this lady admits to lieing.

She recieved a "jane doe" letter, as in a anonymous letter, From someone claiming Kavanaugh raped her.

Then this lady took the anonymous letter and claimed that what was in the letter happened to her.

Now she admits that she never once met kavanough and that the letter was not even hers.

So yes this lady lied about herself being raped.

But who did she claim it to? If it were the FBI then she lied to the FBI and I thought that was a no no. I didn't read these links because I read about it the other day, but in the one I read they said during questioning her story didn't hold up, she got details wrong, etc.. .so who was questioning her?

• Like 1

Seems like the first one is subject to lying to and obstructing Congress. I just saw this but it seems this all broke a couple days ago. I guess the second one didn't come out until today or yesterday.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/national/kavanaugh-accuser-admits-to-fabricating-rape-story/1572795177

They were all investigated, weren't they? DOJ has the results.

Edited by susieice

33 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know. I'm just posting the news links. They say what they say. Avenatti's client is one that going to the DOJ. You need to read to the bottom of this link. Crap. Old link from another thread stuck. Hang on.

Here ya go.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/second-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-to-doj-after-admitting-she-lied_2707227.html

So basically it says there are 2 women whose stories have holes in them who've been referred to the FBI by Grassley for investigation and that one of them admits she lied....just what you said from the beginning.

• Like 2

Some reports are saying NBC withheld an interview regarding Julie Swetnick's claim that would have shown she witnessed none of the allegations.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/nbc-offers-faulty-excuse-for-withholding-exculpatory-kavanaugh-story_2704768.html

19 minutes ago, skliss said:

So basically it says there are 2 women whose stories have holes in them who've been referred to the FBI by Grassley for investigation and that one of them admits she lied....just what you said from the beginning.

From what I understand, two are confessing and they are being referred to the DOJ along with the FBI investigation.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Feinstein read the letter to the Senate Committee. Here's the report released a few days ago.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-judiciary-committee-clears-kavanaugh-of-all-wrongdoing_us_5bde5454e4b04367a87d2a61

10 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Where in that article does it state that Dr Ford has admitted to lying?

I think it's 100% safe to say that Ford will never ADMIT to lying...

she framed her story in such a way that nothing can be proved either one way or another...

but we've been through this before... some believe her some don't (I don't)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Your headline is EXTREMELY misleading.  The accuser did not admit to lying, the woman admitted to NOT being the accuser.  Facts matter.

the thread title is.... Kavanaugh accuser admits to lying - about Jane Doe letter -

that's factual according to the article(s)

For example The Washington Times one... (in OP)

"Mr. Grassley’s investigators tried to reach her for a month but were unsuccessful until this week, when they spoke to her by phone and she confessed that she was not the original Jane Doe, and “did that as a way to grab attention.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

Feinstein read the letter to the Senate Committee. Here's the report released a few days ago.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-judiciary-committee-clears-kavanaugh-of-all-wrongdoing_us_5bde5454e4b04367a87d2a61

That article seems pretty clear. I'm interested in seeing where these further investigations go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skliss said:

But who did she claim it to? If it were the FBI then she lied to the FBI and I thought that was a no no. I didn't read these links because I read about it the other day, but in the one I read they said during questioning her story didn't hold up, she got details wrong, etc.. .so who was questioning her?

I think it said she saw the jane doe letter run on the news. And then she emailed that it was her letter to "the committee "

The kavanough confirmation committee probably.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think it said she saw the jane doe letter run on the news. And then she emailed that it was her letter to "the committee "

The kavanough confirmation committee probably.

Yes the Judicial committee. The issue here is that she lied to them, and the point is that this is a legal body and lying to them is basically the same as lying to the FBI or another investigative legal body. So yes it is a crime. 

• Like 2

Well... SusieIce is correct. ONE accuser has admitted to lying about the whole thing, and fabricating the rape charges against Kavanaugh. 

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about regarding her posts :( The thread title is entirely accurate. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1