Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits To Lying

97 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Agent0range
3 minutes ago, susieice said:

You should know what to expect by now. Just read the articles. It's all anyone knows.

I have read the articles, now, you tell me.  What woman that accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, has admitted to lying about it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

I have read the articles, now, you tell me.  What woman that accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, has admitted to lying about it? 

You couldn't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
6 minutes ago, susieice said:

I didn't write the articles! Read them! I expected an argument, but the fact is we'll have to wait to see what the FBI found and why this is being referred to the DOJ. Don't know what was found. The Supreme Court is under the DOJ. We all get to wait to see what happens. Can you understand this?

You have been making one misleading statement after another, followed by links that supposedly support those statements. They do not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You have been making one misleading statement after another, followed by links that supposedly support those statements. They do not.

Ok., Done!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
susieice
1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I know it doesn't. I read the article. It would appear, however, that the person who posted it, did not.

That is hilarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
53 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

OK?  And?  You can't be investigated for perjury if you don't testify under oath...so what exactly is being investigated?  Kavanaugh can go after them for defamation if he wants to...but you can't lie to congress if you didn't talk to congress...

That just isnt true, you can be charged for perjury for written documents and since the letter was submitted to congress as an honest document one could be charged with perjury and lieing to congress for writing a fake letter to congress.

How perjury is defined 

Whoever—

(1)
having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2)
in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

Ultimately submitting a letter that one knows is false to congress can be charged with perjury despite not testifying.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

That just isnt true, you can be charged for perjury for written documents and since the letter was submitted to congress as an honest document one could be charged with perjury and lieing to congress for writing a fake letter to congress.

How perjury is defined 

Whoever—

(1)
having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2)
in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

Ultimately submitting a letter that one knows is false to congress can be charged with perjury despite not testifying.

I can link pages but the same old same olds are going to go on and it really isn't worth it. They screamed for an FBI investigation and they got one. Now it's going to the Dept. of Justice. I for one don't think this election is going to change a thing, but I also don't think this investigation will be released until well after the election. Certainly not the results because this will need time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Again, as you've been told already, this is a woman saying she falsely took credit for the accusation letter, not that she wrote the letter and it's content was false. Grassley might have referred her for investigation, but, considering it isn't a crime to tell a lie to the press, I'm pretty sure that he did so for purely political purposes. She could not possibly be charged.

All of the articles you've posted seem to have one thing in common: they have attention-grabbing, misleading titles. That you've now posted many articles and have yet to see this is a testament to just how effective this Republican spin will be. There must be loads of people who now believe that there are actually Kavanaugh accusers who have admitted to fabricating their accusations. Kinda crazy to see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
Just now, susieice said:

I can link pages but the same old same olds are going to go on and it really isn't worth it. They screamed for an FBI investigation and they got one. Now it's going to the Dept. of Justice. I for one don't think this election is going to change a thing, but I also don't think this investigation will be released until well after the election. Certainly not the results because this will need time.

True, but I have nothing to do and what I quoted was just so blatantly wrong I had to say something 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That just isnt true, you can be charged for perjury for written documents and since the letter was submitted to congress as an honest document one could be charged with perjury and lieing to congress for writing a fake letter to congress.

How perjury is defined 

Whoever—

(1)
having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2)
in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

Ultimately submitting a letter that one knows is false to congress can be charged with perjury despite not testifying.

Once again, she admitted to not writing the letter.  They knew she didn't write the letter.  That is the whole point of all of the articles in the OP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

To clear up for people what it looks like the articles are saying.

The articles are saying that this lady admits to lieing.

She recieved a "jane doe" letter, as in a anonymous letter, From someone claiming Kavanaugh raped her.

Then this lady took the anonymous letter and claimed that what was in the letter happened to her.

Now she admits that she never once met kavanough and that the letter was not even hers.

So yes this lady lied about herself being raped.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That just isnt true, you can be charged for perjury for written documents and since the letter was submitted to congress as an honest document one could be charged with perjury and lieing to congress for writing a fake letter to congress.

Someone else hasn't actually read the articles. What on earth is going on?

She did not write the letter. She is not claiming that the content of the letter is false. She is claiming she lied when she first claimed authorship of the letter. She cannot be prosecuted for this lie.

People seem to be reading this headline and thinking it says 'Author of letter admits to making up claims in letter'. I wonder how many more people will come into the thread to claim the same thing. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Someone else hasn't actually read the articles. What on earth is going on?

She did not write the letter. She is not claiming that the content of the letter is false. She is claiming she lied when she first claimed authorship of the letter. She cannot be prosecuted for this lie.

If you claim the authorship of a letter that states you got raped by someone, then you are claiming that you got raped.

Idk if what she did can be counted as legal or illegal, but she literally lied about being raped. By claiming authorship of a letter that states the author of the letter got raped, you are claiming that you yourself got raped.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Once again, she admitted to not writing the letter.  They knew she didn't write the letter.  That is the whole point of all of the articles in the OP.

There is more to it then that, the article just does a poor job of explaining what is actually going on.

First there was the anonymous Jane doe letter in question that was never collaborated submitted to the judicial committee that said Kavanaugh raped someone in the back seat of a car.

Judy Munro-Leighton then sent a letter to the committee claiming to be the Jane doe in an attempt to delay the hearing and waste time on further potential investigating.

The letter she sent claiming to be Jane doe is what is getting her into legal trouble and not the Jane doe letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

If you claim the authorship of a letter that states you got raped by someone, then you are claiming that you got raped.

Which is only a crime if you make the claim to the police or lie under oath. She did not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkHunter
1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Which is only a crime if you make the claim to the police or lie under oath. She did not. 

Did you not read how perjury is defined, submitting a written document one knows is false is also perjury, you dont need to speak or be under oath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

I guess the letter wasn't even sent to her she just saw it in the news and claimed it.

 

"Investigators got in touch with her over the phone and Munro-Leighton admitted she wrote the email after seeing the "Jane Doe" letter in news reports. She said she claimed to be Jane Doe so the letter would gain attention, "I was angry and I sent it out," the woman told investigators, according to Grassley's letter, but in fact did not write it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Which is only a crime if you make the claim to the police or lie under oath. She did not. 

I don't care about the legality. My question to you is if you count this as moral behavior or not?

Do you see her as of doing something wrong ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't care about the legality. My question to you is if you count this as moral behavior or not?

Do you see her as of doing something wrong ?

Deceiving to further a political agenda?  Yes, it is immoral and should be wrong.  <looks at title of thread>.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

This thread has gone in so many circles that I'm getting dizzy. :wacko:

From the title of the thread, I knew it would be fun..... but it has already surpassed my expectations!

:whistle:

Edited by acute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Did you not read how perjury is defined, submitting a written document one knows is false is also perjury, you dont need to speak or be under oath

Did you not read the article? She did not write the letter. The article doesn't say the letter includes a false statement. It says she admits not even writing it in the first place. Unless she appeared in front of Congress or the FBI, claiming to be the author, she cannot possibly be charged with a crime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't care about the legality. My question to you is if you count this as moral behavior or not?

Do you see her as of doing something wrong ?

Of course it's not. She's an attention seeking idiot and of course what she did was wrong. I don't think anyone alive except her could possibly think she was in any way in the right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It seems to be a good tactic: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/trump-uses-little-known-allegation-to-falsely-suggest-all-of-kavanaughs-accusers-lied.html

It's kind of like citing a crime committed by an individual to get people biased against a whole ethnic group.

I think this situation is worth pointing out because when it came to Kavanaugh everyone suddenly got amnesia to the fact that people lie in high stakes politics. 

Rape victims are often not belived and is a huge problem, that also does not mean that all accusations are true. The timing for the kavanough scandal was to perfect to not have skeptical lenses on. 

 

I agree the thread title is a little misleading 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.