Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horse Racing Jockey Conspiracy

Timothy

So; watching the coverage of the lead up to the Melbourne cup, I’ve realized that jockeys are probably a genetically engineered species of human.

They’ve been created specifically for the purpose of horse racing, bred small and light, funded and driven by the lucrative horse racing market. 

I’m sure they’re pretty well looked after. But I think it’s time to get to the bottom of this. 

Thoughts?

• Haha 2

I'm having an interest in #13 Finche, at around 30/1

• Like 1

Just like gymnasts their bodies adapt to the way they treat themselves. Jockeys aren't genetically engineered, the job calls for light weight and small stature. In horseracing to even the odds weights called stones are placed in the saddle pads of the horses to weight them down. The jockeys weight plus the stones is the sum total of weight, and the stones are considered dead weight  so the lighter the jockey the better. Small stature helps but they rigorously steam, starve and exercise themselves to make weight, in fact a lot of them are textbook anorexic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Just like gymnasts their bodies adapt to the way they treat themselves. Jockeys aren't genetically engineered, the job calls for light weight and small stature. In horseracing to even the odds weights called stones are placed in the saddle pads of the horses to weight them down. The jockeys weight plus the stones is the sum total of weight, and the stones are considered dead weight  so the lighter the jockey the better. Small stature helps but they rigorously steam, starve and exercise themselves to make weight, in fact a lot of them are textbook anorexic. 

No.

They are genetically engineered clones. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm having an interest in #13 Finche, at around 30/1

I’ve got it on 3 in the office stakes!

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No.

Thank you! So I’m not the only one... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

But that they are genetically engineered is still plausible too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I’ve got it on 3 in the office stakes!

Thank you! So I’m not the only one... 

It's part of our, i mean, the illuminati's nefarious plan to rig all horse racing under one giant globalist jockey ring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It's part of our, i mean, the illuminati's nefarious plan to rig all horse racing under one giant globalist jockey ring.

Shhh! :ph34r:

• Like 1

All good, Finche runs 4 th, I backed it to win at $33, and to run in top 4 at $8

• Like 1

Post race the second horse is found to have carried 1 kg too much weight. Given it was beaten a length, it is likely that cost it the race. Whoops. Jockey suspended for a month, but those who had big money on the horse would probably prefer he be suspended in another way !

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

Just like gymnasts their bodies adapt to the way they treat themselves.

No quite the same with jockeys, they can not adapt their height by training on the back of a horse, jockeys are small because that is the way they are.

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

But that they are genetically engineered is still plausible too.

I have to dissagree, i think the punters are the ones genetically engineered to be of a taller height so they can not ride the horses and are only left with the option  to bet on them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

No quite the same with jockeys, they can not adapt their height by training on the back of a horse, jockeys are small because that is the way they are.

I have to dissagree, i think the punters are the ones genetically engineered to be of a taller height so they can not ride the horses and are only left with the option  to bet on them.

A lot of jockeys start out in their teens and the way they treat their bodies absolutely stunts growth. Granted they are shorter to begin with because it's what the job calls for but look at their diet and exercise and its capable of stunting growth. Look at how small gymnasts are, they don't gain their height back when they are done training. 

21 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Oh wow. I never considered this. The jockeys are the puppet masters... Damn them! Evil geniuses.

19 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

A lot of jockeys start out in their teens and the way they treat their bodies absolutely stunts growth. Granted they are shorter to begin with because it's what the job calls for but look at their diet and exercise and its capable of stunting growth. Look at how small gymnasts are, they don't gain their height back when they are done training. 

Sorry for the ride, but I wasn’t serious with the conspiracy (unless it turns out to be true :rofl: (I do not think it’s true)).

But on a serious note, have any studies been done on this? Similar to the idea that weightlifting will stunt ones growth, if started at an early age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The average size of jockeys has increased over the years, in line with the general increase in body size of humans, and the weight scales have been moved accordingly. But many struggle to maintain their weight, with fasting and saunas a big part of their lives. But it can be worth it, as many do make a very good living, especially the top tier. However , it remains a very dangerous occupation, there are few jobs where an ambulance follows you around while you work. The odds of being killed in a race fall is quoted to be about 1 in 300-400 riders per annum. That is pretty bad.

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2018 at 4:00 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No.

Ridiculous. They're just children with genetically engineered voices to be *slightly* deeper than a normal child's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jockeys seem to have a lingo all their own. Many report that a horse "gave me a good feel in the run" :huh: