Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Laser 'beacon' could be used to attract aliens

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Laser 'beacon' could be used to attract aliens

Not smart. Its a cute idea but has anyone considered how idiotic it is just to flag down the attention of any nearby civilisation  without having a clue whats around us? Odds are intelligence rises from predatory behavior. This is like going in the woods at night and calling for anyone to hear you. The timid will avoid you and the predators will try to eat you. They are gambling with our whole planet here with no clue who could spot us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Not smart. Its a cute idea but has anyone considered how idiotic it is just to flag down the attention of any nearby civilisation  without having a clue whats around us? Odds are intelligence rises from predatory behavior. This is like going in the woods at night and calling for anyone to hear you. The timid will avoid you and the predators will try to eat you. They are gambling with our whole planet here with no clue who could spot us.

Isn't it a bit paranoid to think a space faring species will automatically be hostile. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't it a bit paranoid to think a space faring species will automatically be hostile. 

Hi Xeno

I would exercise caution, remember there were those rebels that were exiled from Urantia. Dealing with them might be a nasty bit of work.:whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 2

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Xeno

I would exercise caution, remember there were those rebels that were exiled from Urantia. Dealing with them might be a nasty bit of work.:whistle:

jmccr8

We've lost you. Now you're a part of the UB cult. Today is truly a sad day.:lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

We've lost you. Now you're a part of the UB cult. Today is truly a sad day.:lol:

I'm undercover

jmccr8

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If any species is going to be hostile to other planetary visitors, it'll be us.

Yeah I can see it all now, some aliens show up and some earthlings ply them with women and booze then jack their ride when they're passed out.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If any species is going to be hostile to other planetary visitors, it'll be us.

LOL sad but true. Were so hostile and out of control they might of just passed us up. If they locked into our TV shows from the past 20 years they would be afraid to even get close. Rupauls drag show alone probably scared the hell out of them

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Well, using the only sentient species we are aware of (humans, dolphins and lamas)  we can safely assume that they’ll be at the very least miserly and likely to spit on you (Lamas), if not homicidal (humans) rapists (Dolphins).

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, using the only sentient species we are aware of (humans, dolphins and lamas)  we can safely assume that they’ll be at the very least miserly and likely to spit on you (Lamas), if not homicidal (humans) rapists (Dolphins).

That's if galaxy travel xenomorph's even exist at all. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's if galaxy travel xenomorph's even exist at all. 

I honestly didn’t intend to allude to the Xenomorph.

11 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I honestly didn’t intend to allude to the Xenomorph.

Strange Form that's what xenomorph actually means. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Strange Form that's what xenomorph actually means. 

Well, I assumed it mean “creepy face-rape vagina-crab monster”.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, I assumed it mean “creepy face-rape vagina-crab monster”.

No.:lol:

I was eluding to something beyond our normal idea of intelligent life. Something that might have develop on a world like ours but just a little different. To be honest. I think the only alien life we'll probably ever see/come across will be microbial. Then the problem become "Did we do this on accident". 

5 hours ago, seanjo said:

Any species that has reached the pinnacle of their particular evolutionary tree will be inherently violent.

That's an interesting statement. But do you mean violent in the sense of killing others of the same species ?

8 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

Not smart. Its a cute idea but has anyone considered how idiotic it is just to flag down the attention of any nearby civilisation  without having a clue whats around us?

Because we humans are curious on principle. Curiosity has been and will remain the fuel of our further development. 200k years ago we humans have sit in the mud and said: "mphf-blmblm-(burb)-grunz", today we do neurosurgery, spaceflight and are sitting in front of nice flat screens and communicate with each other across oceans within milliseconds, like here on UM. Because of the results of curiosity in the past.

And, why do you think that an extraterrestrial civilization that would be capable to receive and to understand messages from Earth be capable to perform interstellar spaceflight as well?

• Like 3

Sooo, 2 aliens will be sitting there "hey steve, theres a red dot on your forehead" 

"Where?, what the.... it wont wipe off"!

Steves a universal name by the way

So far the best in here: Laser some bacon to Lure the Aliens .... I vote for that title TOOOOO DAMN FUNNY SHOULD WRITE BOOKS !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 2

they would work to get attention if there are any less developed intelligent life, but i'm sure there's very intelligent life closer than that. Either-way i think they would want to avoid humanity. or at least exposing their home planet from us. because

Perfect distance from the sun.

The planet has air.

The planet has water.

The axis is tilted to allow life to flourish between day and night.

You can coexist clean if you utilize the science and technology that you currently have at your disposal. Life could've lasted until the sun burned you out, but you ****ing chose to **** on everything because it's more profitable, and you still think you are better than animals

If you found intelligent life you would enslave it, as you reaped that planet of it's resources until it could no longer sustain life.
The reason you can't find it means one of the two:

1.) There isn't any you are the only life in the entire universe.

2.) You aren't as intelligent as you think you are, and intelligent lifeforms know damn well how and why to avoid you like the plaque.

the only reason you want to find intelligent life isn't to answer the question of ''are we alone'' but just so you obtain their technology.

I bet you'll try to blackmail intelligent life into sending their resources to earth or you'll send them a nuke. 

Edited by It's Just An Opinion

You get blurry images you claim its too blurry to accept. 

You get good quality footage you claim it's fake & CGI. 

Would you allow something like the Flood from Halo to reach Earth? that's a rhetorical question. My guess is that these few that we do see are just recon to monitor our development. They would never allow us to travel to another planet, at least not prior to learning to coexist with our own. 

I mean don't get me wrong I don't think aliens are saints that do nothing wrong, but I'm sure they can manage to at least coexist with the planet they are living on.

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
  • Like 2

According to those who have been allegedly abducted, the aliens have already spotted us and been, probed and left implants. But enough of that rubbish.

If the beacon did happen to be spotted by an alien astronomer, it may even be possible to communicate using light pulses to spell out simple messages

What are simple messages? If life on another planet consists of water life or anything other than human, then how simple would it have to be for them to understand it, let alone reply? 

For them to be able to communicate with us means they.would need similar equipment, why have we not seen any of these beacons yet or does Clark assume they are waiting for us to get the ball rolling? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1