Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the Beta Incident -My Haunted House

HollyDolly

Say  did anyone watch  on the travel channel last night a show called My Haunted House? On one of the episodes, this woman  was housesitting a soroiety house at a southern university. In the episode the woman had these weird dreams of being chained up in the basement, and also woke up to see a man burning to death. She did some digging and found that  in the  1990s  the Beta Sororiety had some co-eds, about 17 in all, who experienced cuts on their bodies. The university covered everything up. Anyhow, she found out that the house had once been part of a plantation, and that the owner's son Thomas, would abuse the slaves. He later was murdered by them, which  might or might not have taken  place during Nat Turner's  slave rebellion back in the 1830s -1850s. Also someone hung themselves in the place.Trying to find out the name of this university to do more research since I'm curious about the whole thing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On 06/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, HollyDolly said:

She did some digging and found that  in the  1990s  the Beta Sororiety had some co-eds, about 17 in all, who experienced cuts on their bodies. The university covered everything up. 

If the University covered everything up, then where did she get her informatiom from?

On 06/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, HollyDolly said:

In the episode the woman had these weird dreams of being chained up in the basement, and also woke up to see a man burning to death.

Can not see how what she dreamt about had and connection to the past of the property.

It is more likely she had heard about past storied prior to researching and she just had a couple of bad dreams.

Many people have bad dreams, sleeping in a strange property can do this, stress, medication, past events...all can lead to bad dreams too, She would have believed in ghosts stories in the property before the dream, if someone has a bad dream they would not go and do research, unless they believe in the paranormal to begin with.

• 9 months later...

It was Wesleyan University. She says at the end of the episode that she was one of the 17 that was injured in 97 and she wanted to prove it wasn't a prank. The university has since closed the house for living in because of more incidents occuring there. If anyone can find any more info, please post here. I'm super curious about this one.