Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Sessions resigns at Trumps request

OverSword

Jeff Sessions has resigned as attorney general effective immediately after being asked to do so by President Trump, sources told ABC News.

"At your request, I am submitting my resignation," Sessions wrote in an undated letter to the president.

"Since the day I was honored to be sworn in as Attorney General of the United States, I came to work at the Department of Jusitce every day determined to do my duty and serve my country," Sessions wrote. "I have done so to the best of my ability, working to support the fundamental legal processes that are the foundation of justice."

Link

Should be an interesting week.

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

OoohKay.. he's been asked to retire. 

Why ? 

His intent is old news. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why ? 

Either because he failed to "drain the swamp" in the AG's office or he won't cooperate with Trump to hurry the Mueller investigation along

29 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why ? 

So Trump can appoint Sessions' chief of staff as a temporary replacement as a means to fire Mueller.

The guy he's just appointed ahead of the person who should have become acting AG - Rosenstein as Deputy AG should have been given the job - has been very critical of Mueller and the SC.

Trump is going to fire Mueller, thinking it will end the Russia investigation. In reality, it will likely end his Presidency. He probably would have done this months ago if not for the midterm backlash it would have caused. Doing this the day after the elections shows he's terrified.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why ? 

IMO, he has been a swamp creature and has become useless because he recused himself from practically every issue ongoing with the FBI, the Mueller investigation (which should have been under HIS purview) and all other issues within the DOJ except for immigration and marijuana.  He was my Senator for years and until now I had tremendous respect for him.  He's shown himself to be as corrupt as the rest of the establishment.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

IMO, he has been a swamp creature and has become useless because he recused himself from practically every issue ongoing with the FBI, the Mueller investigation (which should have been under HIS purview) and all other issues within the DOJ except for immigration and marijuana.  He was my Senator for years and until now I had tremendous respect for him.  He's shown himself to be as corrupt as the rest of the establishment.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's a bit hard to not have a conflict in the Russia investigation when you lied about having contact with Russians. He recused because he had a clear and undeniable conflict of interest. That's the opposite of a corrupt act.

Though, funnily enough, all those times you did vote for him he was a racist PoS. Probably a good guy apart from all the racism though, eh?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

OK.. thanks for that folks. :D 

I'm still completely baffled. :( 

I'm going to bed now. If I wake up with Geoff Sessions anxiety dreams, I'm blaming the lot of you. And my lawyers will be in touch :D 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So Trump can appoint Sessions' chief of staff as a temporary replacement as a means to fire Mueller.

The guy he's just appointed ahead of the person who should have become acting AG - Rosenstein as Deputy AG should have been given the job - has been very critical of Mueller and the SC.

Trump is going to fire Mueller, thinking it will end the Russia investigation. In reality, it will likely end his Presidency. He probably would have done this months ago if not for the midterm backlash it would have caused. Doing this the day after the elections shows he's terrified.

You never cease to give me a chuckle with your rabid partisanship in another country's politics.  As Chief Executive, it is perfectly within his authority to hire (with Senate oversight) and fire whoever he wishes.  Rosenstein has been shown to be conflicted within the Mueller investigation and should never have held the deputy's job in the first place.  And while you and a couple others here are crowing about Trump's demise due to the House changing hands, you should give a care to what the extra 2 Senate seats can mean.  The D's will be totally unable to slow-roll or stall his nominees any longer.  He can pick whoever he wants for AG and unless there is a real problem, not some hysteria from the Left like Kavanaugh, he will GET his AG.  I'd love to see him appoint Nunes or Cruz.  If Mueller has something then let him produce it.  If he doesn't and he wants more time to investigate, that'd be okay as well.  Trump isn't going to fire Mueller.  He's going to allow the Democrat Circus to continue to roll into town on every "news" channel in the country for the next 2 years.  The Dems can make whatever claims they like about "Blue Waves" but the truth is that they, even after 2 years of 24/7 wall to wall venom and vitriol, managed a less than average turnover in the House and lost more ground in the Senate.  I listened to Nutty Nancy's speech and she's saying all the right words about unity and bipartisanship but I don't believe she's going to be able to stop the Impeachment process from moving forward.  The D's are caught between Scylla and Charybdis with the red-meat crowd that makes up their donor base.  They either Impeach or face the wrath of the $ men.  I think they'll try to stall Impeachment with the sop of multiple investigations - while closing down the current review into the FBI corruption that was plainly demonstrated in emails and texts.  I doubt that even the "true believers" like you will be satisfied with 2 more years of Sturm and Drang with nothing else to show for it but increasing bitterness.  Meanwhile, the nation's business will be stalled to an extent and the level of anger on the Right might well translate into a bigger win for Trump than 2016.  But hey, keep that hope alive!  Too funny...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Probably a good guy apart from all the racism though, eh?

There were allegations that he was racist.  Ted Kennedy stoked that fire and burned him when he was up for a Federal judgeship.  A couple of years later, he wound up sitting in the same body with Teddy the lush.  I realize that in your world of hate towards all who have the temerity to disagree with your beliefs, the accusation is enough.  That's a personal choice and you're welcome to it.  Trying to play the role of a moral superior is a joke, though. Little man, you waste your time trying to insult me.  Typical Prog that you are, you look down the nose and label people as "less than".  Only a fool feels qualified to make that kind of judgment.  And only a hateful, insecure person will judge others based on a single aspect of their lives.  To make it even worse, you're intelligent enough to KNOW BETTER.  Hopefully, someday you'll be judged by others using your own standards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, and then said:

There were allegations that he was racist.  Ted Kennedy stoked that fire and burned him when he was up for a Federal judgeship.  A couple of years later, he wound up sitting in the same body with Teddy the lush.  I realize that in your world of hate towards all who have the temerity to disagree with your beliefs, the accusation is enough.  That's a personal choice and you're welcome to it.  Trying to play the role of a moral superior is a joke, though. Little man, you waste your time trying to insult me.  Typical Prog that you are, you look down the nose and label people as "less than".  Only a fool feels qualified to make that kind of judgment.  And only a hateful, insecure person will judge others based on a single aspect of their lives.  To make it even worse, you're intelligent enough to KNOW BETTER.  Hopefully, someday you'll be judged by others using your own standards.

I wasn't trying to insult you. You literally said in another thread racists are cool in all other aspects of their lives except the being racist part - totally great people, except for all the racism stuff - even pretty much saying so again in this post I quoted ('And only a hateful, insecure person will judge others based on a single aspect of their lives'). All I'm doing is repeating your own views so others know the type of human being you are.

You're completely and utterly morally bankrupt and I will never for as long as we both post here stop pointing out your disgusting views that, over the years, you have become less and less adept at hiding within your fundamentalist posts - like the fact you voted for Roy Moore, or that you've threatened violence of your coming Civil War wet dream countless times.

And going back to your 'And only a hateful, insecure person will judge others based on a single aspect of their lives' defence of racists: you realise that when you apply this reasoning to other examples like murderers or rapists or terrorists or any other horrendous behaviour, it completely falls apart. That you think racists shouldn't be judged just on being racist, when they absolutely should, actually reveals an incredible amount about your Alamaman backside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank God. Please Trump, hire a real AG who will not rest till corruption is rooted out completely in every department. He needs to hire a pit bull. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, and then said:

You never cease to give me a chuckle with your rabid partisanship in another country's politics.  As Chief Executive, it is perfectly within his authority to hire (with Senate oversight) and fire whoever he wishes.  Rosenstein has been shown to be conflicted within the Mueller investigation and should never have held the deputy's job in the first place.  And while you and a couple others here are crowing about Trump's demise due to the House changing hands, you should give a care to what the extra 2 Senate seats can mean.  The D's will be totally unable to slow-roll or stall his nominees any longer.  He can pick whoever he wants for AG and unless there is a real problem, not some hysteria from the Left like Kavanaugh, he will GET his AG.  I'd love to see him appoint Nunes or Cruz.  If Mueller has something then let him produce it.  If he doesn't and he wants more time to investigate, that'd be okay as well.  Trump isn't going to fire Mueller.  He's going to allow the Democrat Circus to continue to roll into town on every "news" channel in the country for the next 2 years.  The Dems can make whatever claims they like about "Blue Waves" but the truth is that they, even after 2 years of 24/7 wall to wall venom and vitriol, managed a less than average turnover in the House and lost more ground in the Senate.  I listened to Nutty Nancy's speech and she's saying all the right words about unity and bipartisanship but I don't believe she's going to be able to stop the Impeachment process from moving forward.  The D's are caught between Scylla and Charybdis with the red-meat crowd that makes up their donor base.  They either Impeach or face the wrath of the $ men.  I think they'll try to stall Impeachment with the sop of multiple investigations - while closing down the current review into the FBI corruption that was plainly demonstrated in emails and texts.  I doubt that even the "true believers" like you will be satisfied with 2 more years of Sturm and Drang with nothing else to show for it but increasing bitterness.  Meanwhile, the nation's business will be stalled to an extent and the level of anger on the Right might well translate into a bigger win for Trump than 2016.  But hey, keep that hope alive!  Too funny...

First, for reference to help make your future rants more digestible:

main-qimg-68d70dfbb9d25595dc252baf9f477c68.png.3e9a1968a694490a513157b6a9085f62.png

Regarding the actual text, Rosenstein was next in line, there is no evidence to back up your accusation of bias or corruption outside wild conspiracy theories, and that Trump didn't appoint him makes it obvious to anyone with a brain as to the reasons why. He knows that Rosenstein, having access to the evidence, believes the SC justified. He knows that Rosenstein, whom he unsuccessfully tried to fire already, will not dismiss the SC findings. He needs a lackey and he now has one.

As to the rest of your conspiracy theories: good luck. I will have my popcorn ready, laughing my ass off when the criminal you voted for is brough down. It will happen. With a Dem Congress, even after Trump fires Mueller, it will not end. Your President is already an unindicted co-conspirator in all this and it should be fun to see how many more charges the most corrupt administration in your government's history has racked up at the end of this.

Hopefully your country and people learn from it, but with the indoctrination carried out by Fox News and right wing talk radio feeding into the hate and insecurities of their targets, I doubt it. They've already turned half of your voters into outright conspiracy theorists. You're basically just a cult at this point.

But I do hope for the best.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's a bit hard to not have a conflict in the Russia investigation when you lied about having contact with Russians. He recused because he had a clear and undeniable conflict of interest. That's the opposite of a corrupt act.

Though, funnily enough, all those times you did vote for him he was a racist PoS. Probably a good guy apart from all the racism though, eh?

It is possible one could put their racism aside and be a pretty decent person I suppose, or is it once a racist always a racist? By the way, I can't stand Jeff Sessions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It is possible one could put their racism aside and be a pretty decent person I suppose, or is it once a racist always a racist? By the way, I can't stand Jeff Sessions.

Would you say the same about a serial killer?

"He was actually a decent guy if you can just put to the side all the murders for a minute. Jeez.". Some things define a person. Racism absolutely is one of them.

To be honest, I can't quite believe I'm having to actually debate this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He recused because he had a clear and undeniable conflict of interest. That's the opposite of a corrupt act.

Having an AG that is unable to take part in arguably the most important investigation being done by the justice department seems untenable.  Pretend for a minute that Trump is not the subject of the investigation, wouldn't you want the AG replaced under those circumstances?  I would.

• Like 1

for all his Bravodo - acts like this show the President is worried - ironically though I don't think it is collusion he should be worried about, nor for that matter, do I think it is what he is worried about.

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Would you say the same about a serial killer?

"He was actually a decent guy if you can just put to the side all the murders for a minute. Jeez.". Some things define a person. Racism absolutely is one of them.

To be honest, I can't quite believe I'm having to actually debate this. 

Did you know Farmer77 is an admitted ex-racist? Probably a good guy apart from all the ex- racism though, eh?

• Like 3

The entire Democratic party embraced Senator Byrd, an ex recruiter for the KKK. He was also Hillary's mentor. You can't get more racist than that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Did you know Farmer77 is an admitted ex-racist? Probably a good guy apart from all the ex- racism though, eh?

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The entire Democratic party embraced Senator Byrd, an ex recruiter for the KKK. He was also Hillary's mentor. You can't get more racist than that.

"Ex". 

We're not talking about ex racists. and then has said racist are perfectly good people outside their views that people of a different colour are less than them. 

If @Farmer77 was a racist then he wasn't a good guy back then. And I'll tell him to his face! :D Though I'm sure he has enough self-awareness and humility to be able to admit this all on his own.

Oh, and Michelle, I'm not a Democrat. Also not a Hillary fan. But thanks ever so much for the info.

I'm still finding myself having to debate this. This is bizarre.

Just to be clear, because I can't see any other reason for you guys to be replying to this, you guys are saying racists can be good people? If you knew a racist you would be totally cool with befriending them?

I know that the US is amongst the most racist developed countries in the world, but I never expected these types of views. Makes sense of why so many voted for Trump though.