Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Sessions resigns at Trumps request

OverSword

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Just to be clear, because I can't see any other reason for you guys to be replying to this, you guys are saying racists can be good people? If you knew a racist you would be totally cool with befriending them?

We had one really good friend that was extremely racist. It wasn't until a few years later we found out how bad he was. He would have done anything for us and we would have done the same for him. He came over on Christmas Day every year among many other different ethnicities and sexual oriented people as guests. He was told in no uncertain terms to leave his attitude at the door. He had no family and was totally alone at Christmas except for our open house.

We had a falling out over a black guy that worked at our shop after many years of being friends. He couldn't stand being around the diversity of our friends any longer and that was it.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

We had one really good friend that was extremely racist. It wasn't until a few years later we found out how bad he was. He would have done anything for us and we would have done the same for him. He came over on Christmas Day every year among many other different ethnicities and sexual oriented people as guests. He was told in no uncertain terms to leave his attitude at the door. He had no family and was totally alone at Christmas except for our open house.

We had a falling out over a black guy that worked at our shop after many years of being friends. He couldn't stand being around the diversity of our friends any longer and that was it.

So he left your group of friends. The racist guy was accepted as long as he hid his racism. 

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So he left your group of friends. The racist guy was accepted as long as he hid his racism. 

We don't require people fill out a questionnaire when we meet them. The subject didn't come up for years.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh, and Michelle, I'm not a Democrat. Also not a Hillary fan. But thanks ever so much for the info.

I'm still finding myself having to debate this. This is bizarre.

I never said you were. It simply appears it's perfectly fine for anyone but Republicans to have an epiphany and change their ways. And just because someone voted for Trump you think you can paint them all with such a broad brush is deplorable in my eyes.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

it looks like you support punishment rather than rehabilitation...

rejection rather than education....

????

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bee said:

it looks like you support punishment rather than rehabilitation...

rejection rather than education....

????

The guy was accepted as long as he could contain his racism. The politically intolerant are every bit the bigot a racist is, only their litmus test of acceptability is politics. Anyone who doesn't pass the test of a bigot is dehumanized and denigrated.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

We don't require people fill out a questionnaire when we meet them. The subject didn't come up for years.

And when it did, you continued to invite him to Christmas dinner.

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

I never said you were. It simply appears it's perfectly fine for anyone but Republicans to have an epiphany and change their ways. And just because someone voted for Trump you think you can paint them all with such a broad brush is deplorable in my eyes.

I'm not sure how it appears that way. You are saying a racist is the same as a reformed racist. They are not the same. 

If you vote for someone who is an outspoken racist then of course you deserve to be painted with the same brush. What sort of morally bankrupt world do you reside in where this is not the case? That's right, one where you continue to invite an openly racist friend to dinner as long as he hides his racism.

You have zero moral high ground here, Michelle. You've spoken many times here about how your friends are so diverse in every way, but you have no problem being friends with racists by your own admission. That you seem to not see a problem with that is simply astounding.

Also, and then was defending actual racists, not reformed racists. I see he is not alone in his views. It's no wonder your country has such a massive problem with racism if so-called normal people have these awful views.

'Racists are good people except the racism', 'it's totally okay to vote for racists'. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The guy was accepted as long as he could contain his racism. The politically intolerant are every bit the bigot a racist is, only their litmus test of acceptability is politics. Anyone who doesn't pass the test of a bigot is dehumanized and denigrated.  

Another defender of racists. Now the people who don't accept racism or racists are somehow the intolerant ones :D ****ing mental cases.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Another defender of racists. Now the people who don't accept racism or racists are somehow the intolerant ones :D ****ing mental cases.

You, sir, are a political bigot and as morally reprehensible as any racist, from a country on whose worldwide racism the sun once never set.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You, sir, are a political bigot and as morally reprehensible as any racist, from a country on whose worldwide racism the sun once never set.

You just accused me of being intolerant for not accepting racists. Now I'm a political bigot for criticising people who accept racists.

What a terrible person I must be for completely not being accepting of people who are racist. The horror. When will these racist guys ever just catch a break.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You just accused me of being intolerant for not accepting racists. Now I'm a political bigot for criticising people who accept racists.

What a terrible person I must be for completely not being accepting of people who are racist. The horror. When will these racist guys ever just catch a break.

You mean the majority on the left who ooze of bigotry and racism?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And when it did, you continued to invite him to Christmas dinner.

I'm not sure how it appears that way. You are saying a racist is the same as a reformed racist. They are not the same. 

If you vote for someone who is an outspoken racist then of course you deserve to be painted with the same brush. What sort of morally bankrupt world do you reside in where this is not the case? That's right, one where you continue to invite an openly racist friend to dinner as long as he hides his racism.

You have zero moral high ground here, Michelle. You've spoken many times here about how your friends are so diverse in every way, but you have no problem being friends with racists by your own admission. That you seem to not see a problem with that is simply astounding.

Also, and then was defending actual racists, not reformed racists. I see he is not alone in his views. It's no wonder your country has such a massive problem with racism if so-called normal people have these awful views.

'Racists are good people except the racism', 'it's totally okay to vote for racists'. :blink:

Do you feel them same about black people who don't like white people?    Would you befriend them?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do you feel them same about black people who don't like white people?    Would you befriend them?

Yeah, how dare an oppressed people still hold a grudge against their oppressors.

Not surprised to see you coming to the defence of racists and racist sympathisers.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah,

Yep, just as I figured.   It all depends on the color of the skin to you.   Racist!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, how dare an oppressed people still hold a grudge against their oppressors.

Not surprised to see you coming to the defence of racists and racist sympathisers.

There is no room for improvement in a world where old grudges can be perpetuated by new generations.  By your reasoning the Irish and Italians should still resent the treatment of their original immigrants to America.  Native Americans even more so.  Even the descendants of the Pilgrims should still hate the British for their religious persecution.  Where does it end?  Blacks in America are no longer oppressed.  In fact they are celebrated.  Of all the thousands of government positions across the country, from county dog catcher to the President, the first black is feted like a hero, even after the novelty has long since worn off.  In every walk of life they are entitled to have their own exclusive groups that no other race is permitted to have.  The few that still struggle, often from their own choices, are the object of countless outreach projects to help lift them up and improve their lives.  The injustices they once endured are many generations behind us, along with their oppressors.  What purpose is served by trying to keep hate alive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The first thing many Democrats do in elections when given a chance is scream "racist".  I love when people of other countries think watching a few blatant left wing main stream media channels, is somehow representative to watching daily coverage of hundreds of local channels around our country. If they see America in a bad light, well, it is what the mainstream media is spoon feeding you. All is not doom and gloom over here under Trump. The economy is good, jobs are plentiful, and we aren't in a declared war with anyone.

• Like 5

Just now, Big Jim said:

What purpose is served by trying to keep hate alive?

so you can pretend to fight it, and you can justify your own hate

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep, just as I figured.   It all depends on the color of the skin to you.   Racist!

That wasn't a 'yeah' in reply to your question, it was part of a sarcastic reply. Your question was ridiculous for numerous reasons, not least of which it would be impossible to be friends with someone who refused to be friends with me. My reply was merely pointing out that the two are not comparable, no matter how many white people think that they are.

10 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

There is no room for improvement in a world where old grudges can be perpetuated by new generations.  By your reasoning the Irish and Italians should still resent the treatment of their original immigrants to America.  Native Americans even more so.  Even the descendants of the Pilgrims should still hate the British for their religious persecution.  Where does it end?  Blacks in America are no longer oppressed.  In fact they are celebrated.  Of all the thousands of government positions across the country, from county dog catcher to the President, the first black is feted like a hero, even after the novelty has long since worn off.  In every walk of life they are entitled to have their own exclusive groups that no other race is permitted to have.  The few that still struggle, often from their own choices, are the object of countless outreach projects to help lift them up and improve their lives.  The injustices they once endured are many generations behind us, along with their oppressors.  What purpose is served by trying to keep hate alive?

Yeah, black people would disagree. We can use the mainstreamed culture of the last 20-30 years and the fact that they had a black President to try to paper over reality, but reality is still there underneath. Minorities on the whole are treated far differently than white people in the US. From civilians, to businesses, to the police and courts, to the government - they are still in a great many ways oppressed.

Even on this site. We had a black woman who was chased away from here, Kim I think her name was, because people were making racist jokes in a thread that she was commenting on. And it was just accepted as the norm.

Ignore reality all you want but it's still there.

16 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The first thing many Democrats do in elections when given a chance is scream "racist".  I love when people of other countries think watching a few blatant left wing main stream media channels, is somehow representative to watching daily coverage of hundreds of local channels around our country. If they see America in a bad light, well, it is what the mainstream media is spoon feeding you. All is not doom and gloom over here under Trump. The economy is good, jobs are plentiful, and we aren't in a declared war with anyone.

Practically every Rep who has seen my criticism of @and then regarding his views that racists can be good people have come to his defence, saying pretty much the same thing. 

Probably just a coincidence that they are conservatives though, eh?

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, black people would disagree.

So now, from across the pond, you claim to speak for all black Americans?  Naturally you would know better than all of us who live and work together every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Practically every Rep who has seen my criticism of @and then regarding his views that racists can be good people have come to his defence, saying pretty much the same thing. 

Probably just a coincidence that they are conservatives though, eh?

As if there are no Democratic racist? I'm not racist, however when an election comes up if there is a Democrat and a Republican running for the same office and the Democrat accuses the Republican of being a racist, well, that is how the Democrats work. If it was 100% proved that the Republican was a racist I would abstain my vote from either. I wouldn't give my vote to the other party. But I don't vote based on allegations alone. I know how the Democrats work..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

So now, from across the pond, you claim to speak for all black Americans?  Naturally you would know better than all of us who live and work together every day.

Blacks can be racist too. I have never exhibited or condoned racism, however I have been the target of racism being white. It is a two way street. Walk down the wrong street in L.A and see how much a white SJW fighting for the injustice of the oppressed and minorities is welcome.

There are gangs that would kill you just for looking at them here in America, and Trump trying to clean this mess up is somehow viewed as wrong to the liberal base. "Oh look, he's targeting minorities."

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Thank God. Please Trump, hire a real AG who will not rest till corruption is rooted out completely in every department. He needs to hire a pit bull. 

Amen to that!  I think if we judge by the reaction on the Left so far to Whitaker, he may be just what the country needs.  When they start screaming foul and RECUSE!, you know they see flashing lights ahead.  That said, I think it would be foolish for Trump to fire Mueller.  If there is ANY significant number of fair-minded Americans left, after two more years of watching an unending litany of innuendos and slander against Trump and everyone even remotely associated to him the people are going to rise up and say ENOUGH! in 2020.  The irony of all this is the unseen, almost unknowable damage these hateful zealots are causing to our system of government.  It's like they don't remember, or care, that our jurisprudence is built on PRECEDENT.  The decision to nullify Federal law with so-called sanctuary cities is going to seriously bite them in the posterior when they find themselves back in full control of the government because they'll damned near have to put troops in the streets to enforce changes to gun laws or to implement more of their social engineering in public schools.

Trump has 2 more years of a Senate control that should practically rubber-stamp his judicial nominees. The red meat crowd are clueless but that part of Tuesday's "crushing blue wave" ( :w00t: )  is going to be YUUUUGE!   After little Jimmy Accosted laid hands on the intern at the press briefing and a crowd of thugs went to the home of a Fox commentator they disagree with, the Progs are off to a running start.  They won't be able to control themselves and eventually, someone in one of these "anti-fascist" mobs is going to eat a biscuit!  Then it'll be on.

BTW, the term "eat a biscuit" is a reference to being killed in battle.  They used to take one of the 2 dog tags a soldier wore and jam it between their front teeth for graves registration to ID the body.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, and then said:

I'd love to see him appoint Nunes or Cruz. 

Oh I hope not! Cruz is my Senator and I'm sure he'd make a great AG, but I really hope the president does not appoint a sitting Senator for AG as we need those people in the Senate where they are!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

however I have been the target of racism being white

The first time I was ever acutely aware of overt racism against whites was when we moved to Jackson, MS.  When I realized what was happening, I nearly laughed in the face of the couple who were looking at me like I was something they needed to scrape off their shoe :D  It stops being funny when it's a cop that's doing it though.

• Like 1