Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Sessions resigns at Trumps request

OverSword

2 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

Oh I hope not! Cruz is my Senator and I'm sure he'd make a great AG, but I really hope the president does not appoint a sitting Senator for AG as we need those people in the Senate where they are!

You are correct, I was just dreaming about the best candidate.  In the current demographic trend, I doubt Cruz could ever win the presidency but I voted for him in the primary and would support him in ay future run.  He seems like a real, stand-up man of character and integrity.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That wasn't a 'yeah' in reply to your question, it was part of a sarcastic reply. Your question was ridiculous for numerous reasons, not least of which it would be impossible to be friends with someone who refused to be friends with me. My reply was merely pointing out that the two are not comparable, no matter how many white people think that they are.

They are absolutely comparable.   Racism is wrong no matter which race it is from or against.   You can make the case that it is more understandable when blacks hate whites because of their skin color, but it is still just as wrong.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

They are absolutely comparable.   Racism is wrong no matter which race it is from or against.   You can make the case that it is more understandable when blacks hate whites because of their skin color, but it is still just as wrong.  

See, that's the thing, racist black people don't hate whites for their skin colour. It's a direct response to how they have been and still are treated. 

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

As if there are no Democratic racist? I'm not racist, however when an election comes up if there is a Democrat and a Republican running for the same office and the Democrat accuses the Republican of being a racist, well, that is how the Democrats work. If it was 100% proved that the Republican was a racist I would abstain my vote from either. I wouldn't give my vote to the other party. But I don't vote based on allegations alone. I know how the Democrats work..

I'm not saying there aren't racists in both sides, but it's far from a coincidence that racists largely gravitate towards Republicans and conservative ideologies.

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

So now, from across the pond, you claim to speak for all black Americans?  Naturally you would know better than all of us who live and work together every day.

All you'd have to do is read one black blog or watch one documentary or read one history book. I don't need to speak to people to know how they feel about how they're treated. It's public record. 

• Haha 2

Yeah...the few, loud and proud like Antifa. I think I'll just take my black friends words for it. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm not saying there aren't racists in both sides, but it's far from a coincidence that racists largely gravitate towards Republicans and conservative ideologies.

White racist do.   Other color racist tend to lean left.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And yet they dont. Yet again you believe the brainwashing you've had instead of reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah...the few, loud and proud like Antifa. I think I'll just take my black friends words for it. :lol:

I'll take theirs and the word of family...yeah, family...you don't know what branches are on someone's family tree while sitting behind a monitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

I'll take theirs and the word of family...yeah, family...you don't know what branches are on someone's family tree while sitting behind a monitor.

My surrogate family are Arabs. But, because I lean to the right I must be a racist anyway. :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You just accused me of being intolerant for not accepting racists. Now I'm a political bigot for criticising people who accept racists.

What a terrible person I must be for completely not being accepting of people who are racist. The horror. When will these racist guys ever just catch a break.

What a weak mind you have, fabricating from whole cloth words I never said and thoughts I never expressed and commenting on them, rather than what was spoken about your own very real short-comings. A rather pathetic example of poor debating skills, to so obfuscate and equivocate.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

10 minutes ago, skliss said:

And yet they dont. Yet again you believe the brainwashing you've had instead of reality.

8 minutes ago, skliss said:

Thanks, but I think I'll go with statistical evidence over your anecdotal stories

Blacks and whites see racism in the United States very, very differently

The bottom line is that nonwhites tend to see racial discrimination a lot more than whites do. Take a look at these numbers: An overwhelming 87% of black Americans say black people face a lot of discrimination in the United States, but only 49% of white Americans say the same thing, according to a February poll from the Public Religion Research Institute.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Thanks, but I think I'll go with statistical evidence over your anecdotal stories

You should acknowledge the beam in your own eye before commenting on the mote in others. 

https://www.internations.org/great-britain-expats/guide/29460-safety-security/discrimination-and-racism-in-the-uk-16163

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

First...no source in your link so joe schmo from down the street could have written that and 2,  of course black people sense or feel more, that's perception, it doesnt mean it's true in every case. Depending on how the questions were written it's not an accurate representation. 87% may have experienced racism at one time...That doesn't mean they experience racism 87% of the time. I'd say the same amount of women have experienced some form of bigotry for being female..doesn't mean they experience it day in and day out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah yeah, an opinion piece. They are continually told by white SJW's they are being discriminated against. Our friends are in their sixties and they make no bones about it. They tell these punks they don't know what discrimination is. They've lived it and this isn't it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What a weak mind you have, fabricating from whole cloth words I never said and thoughts I never expressed and commenting on them, rather than what was spoken about your own very real short-comings. A rather pathetic example of poor debating skills, to so obfuscate and equivocate.

You defended and then for his opinion that racists are good people except the racism stuff. I didn't fabricate anything. 

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You should acknowledge the beam in your own eye before commenting on the mote in others. 

https://www.internations.org/great-britain-expats/guide/29460-safety-security/discrimination-and-racism-in-the-uk-16163

Yes, you are correct, racism exists outside the US as well. If there were a bunch of Brits saying racism doesn't automatically make someone a bad guy then I'd be arguing with them. Not seen any Brits post that on here funnily enough.

18 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I didn't fabricate anything. You defended and then's opinion that racism doesn't make someone a bad person.

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, you are correct, racism exists outside the US as well. If there were a bunch of Brits saying racism doesn't automatically make someone a bad guy then I'd be arguing with them. Not seen any Brits post that on here funnily enough.

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

You defended and then for his opinion that racists are good people except the racism stuff. I didn't fabricate anything. 

You have no moral high ground from which to cast stones. You are--after your own fashion--as narrow-minded and prejudiced as anyone you exalt yourself over in judgment. You are not without fault and not without sin; you display them, consistently, in your posts. Does that make you evil and beyond redemption?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skliss said:

First...no source in your link so joe schmo from down the street could have written that and 2,  of course black people sense or feel more, that's perception, it doesnt mean it's true in every case. Depending on how the questions were written it's not an accurate representation. 87% may have experienced racism at one time...That doesn't mean they experience racism 87% of the time. I'd say the same amount of women have experienced some form of bigotry for being female..doesn't mean they experience it day in and day out.

What are you on about? There are multiple sources, including Gallop.

Deny it all you want, but it's common knowledge outside white people, evidenced by all the white people on here who would be cool with being friends with racists. Racism in your country is a massive problem and extremely widespread, regardless of your opinion on the matter.

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah yeah, an opinion piece. They are continually told by white SJW's they are being discriminated against. Our friends are in their sixties and they make no bones about it. They tell these punks they don't know what discrimination is. They've lived it and this isn't it.

It wasn't an opinion piece and it referenced multiple sources.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

You have no moral high ground from which to cast stones. You are--after your own fashion--as narrow-minded and prejudiced as anyone you exalt yourself over in judgment. You are not without fault and not without sin; you display them, consistently, in your posts. Does that make you evil and beyond redemption?

Yeah, silly me for hating on people who accept racism and racists. How ever will I sleep at night.

1 hour ago, and then said:

The first time I was ever acutely aware of overt racism against whites was when we moved to Jackson, MS.  When I realized what was happening, I nearly laughed in the face of the couple who were looking at me like I was something they needed to scrape off their shoe :D  It stops being funny when it's a cop that's doing it though.

It didn't bother me as much as I know that being born black is a much harder life than mine in most instances. It is really amazing that there are church going racist who hate people of all colors, Jews etc..  "But love Jesus."

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, silly me for hating on people who accept racism and racists. How ever will I sleep at night.

You are heir to generations of such people then, and subject to the  judgment of the sins of your fathers as is anyone, according to your own measure. 

• Thanks 1

racist black people don't hate whites for their skin colour.

:lol:  That's a joke, right?  When you judge people as a group rather than individuals, and group them by the color of their skin then......Do the math, you're not stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You are heir to generations of such people then, and subject to the  judgment of the sins of your fathers as is anyone, according to your own measure. 

Yeah, I'm Scottish with a Highland Clan surname. We weren't massively into the slave trade. Also, my country, Scotland, doesn't suffer from institutional racism.

But nice try.