Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Sessions resigns at Trumps request

OverSword

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Would you blame Jews directly affected by actions in WW2 for hating Germans? Or Chinese hating Japanese for the same reasons?

At this point in time when most of the people that actually experienced it and perpetrated it are dead?  Yes I would say these people that didn't directly suffer are wrong to hate now. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're looking at things on an individual basis. I'm talking about the systemic, institutional racism of the white man's America. It still exists and black people are still severely affected. 

Would you blame Jews directly affected by actions in WW2 for hating Germans? Or Chinese hating Japanese for the same reasons? This is the same. I completely understand it. Anyone should be able to.

I'm Polish.   Should I hate Germans?

hating because of skin color is racism.     

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Please remember that this whole argument began with and then stating that racists shouldn't be judged on their racism, and everyone replying to me now, with perhaps the exception of Preacher, is defending that opinion. That's where we are right now.

and you said blacks that hate white people are not racist.   

Here is why it's frustrating to have this conversation with a Scot:  Nearly 92% homogeneous.  What would he really know about living in a diverse population?

Population and distribution
UK Region ‡White British population Percentage of local population
Northern Ireland 1,738,604 96.0%
Scotland 4,863,000 91.9%
Wales 2,855,450 93.2%
North East England 2,431,423 93.6%
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm Polish.   Should I hate Germans?

hating because of skin color is racism.     

You're still not getting it. Those you speak of are not hating because of skin colour. They're hating because of the way they have been and are being treated. 

Indians (Asian Indians) didn't hate the British because they were white. They hated them because we occupied their country and treated them like ****. 

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

and you said blacks that hate white people are not racist.   

I said the two are completely different situations, not that they weren't racist.

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Here is why it's frustrating to have this conversation with a Scot:  Nearly 92% homogeneous.  What would he really know about living in a diverse population?

Population and distribution
UK Region ‡White British population Percentage of local population
Northern Ireland 1,738,604 96.0%
Scotland 4,863,000 91.9%
Wales 2,855,450 93.2%
North East England 2,431,423 93.6%

Experiences gained through living in a country are anecdotal evidence. Anyone can learn about the facts of a country. For instance, you could say Glasgow can be a very dangerous place to live. You don't need to live there to know this.

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Experiences gained through living in a country are anecdotal evidence. Anyone can learn about the facts of a country. For instance, you could say Glasgow can be a very dangerous place to live. You don't need to live there to know this.

MmmmHmmm.  You guys bloody hate each other in the same town for living closer to the water than the other guys, so maybe I'm wrong.  See uppeys and dooneys.

Edited by OverSword

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

MmmmHmmm.

Can you as a Washingtonian study the politics of New York or Texas? Or would you have to move there?

Facts, history and the documented record are there for all to study. You don't need to live somewhere to learn facts about that place. With the internet, you don't even need to live there to acquire your own anecdotal evidence from their populations, though it would still just be largely as useless in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone can read polls and studies. 

Take Japan, for example. Do I need to live there to know that it's one of the most racist countries in the world? No. The answer is no.

That only works if you look at both sides. Only searching for material that confirms your mindset isn't beneficial to get the full picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're still not getting it. Those you speak of are not hating because of skin colour. They're hating because of the way they have been and are being treated. 

And they (you) feel it is OK to hate me for treating them poorly because I have white skin.   Even though I, nor my ancestors, had anything to do with their plight.  That is plain and simple racism based off of the color of my skin.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

And they (you) feel it is OK to hate me for treating them poorly because I have white skin.   Even though I, nor my ancestors, had anything to do with their plight.  That is plain and simple racism based off of the color of my skin.  

What? 

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Indians (Asian Indians) didn't hate the British because they were white. They hated them because we occupied their country and treated them like ****. 

I said the two are completely different situations, not that they weren't racist.

What do you mean? Who is treating black people baddly today? I live in an area with a pretty strong mix of all races. People are not being treated differently then any other group of people. 

You act like there are massive groups of white people walking around making everyone else’s lives miserable. What exactly do you mean?

57 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No, I was paraphrasing Piney's own words. Not putting words into his mouth as people are so fond of doing for minorities.

So you were putting words in a whole community's mouth based on one person. 

Not a lot different to what you were criticising. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

So you were putting words in a whole community's mouth based on one person. 

Not a lot different to what you were criticising. 

Oh please...I will no longer be a party to your persistent boorish behavior.

Just now, Michelle said:

Oh please...I will no longer be a party to your persistent boorish behavior.

Feel free to ignore me then. I'll still keep pointing out your hypocrisy. 

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

It didn't bother me as much as I know that being born black is a much harder life than mine in most instances. It is really amazing that there are church going racist who hate people of all colors, Jews etc..  "But love Jesus."

I don't deny that blacks in America still have a harder road.  I just believe that it's a road most of the poor blacks have chosen.  By accepting government handouts for everything they possess and by even allowing their children to grow up so angry at whites who have done them no harm, they have sentenced them to be the next generation on the Democrat plantation.  Fortunately, this number doesn't represent the majority of black folk.  I was raised to believe that in America we have a chance to succeed if we're willing to put in the work.  That's only partially true but the incentives are there for people who are willing to LEARN and work hard.  In some schools, it's still common for black kids to shun each other for achieving or trying to achieve academic excellence.  It's referred to as "acting white".  Those who learn from a parent, guardian or mentor that they are responsible for the actions they take have the same opportunity that indigent whites do.  I'm the only one of my mother's children to graduate H.S. and as far as I know, the only one in the extended family of first cousins, to attain a B.S.  I grew up DIRT POOR and ignorant.  People who have a desire to be more than they are, have the tools and opportunities in America.  As to racists in church, (BTW, I'm not a Southern Baptist) I believe that unless they change their heart and become color-blind, they are in for a surprise when their journey here ends.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

In some schools, it's still common for black kids to shun each other for achieving or trying to achieve academic excellence.  It's referred to as "acting white". 

I think it is that way in most schools.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

1 - Yeah, how dare an oppressed people still hold a grudge against their oppressors.

2 - Not surprised to see you coming to the defence of racists and racist sympathisers.

1 - Did you oppress black people?   I didn't.  Neither did my ancestors.   

2 - Actually that is what you are doing.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Please remember that this whole argument began with and then stating that racists shouldn't be judged on their racism

Sorry, Miles, but I had to copy his words from your post because my post that he references seems to have disappeared or I'm too dumb to see it.  As usual, the man sees what he wants to see and decides to make a sneering attack based on his own opinion of me, personally.  Those who actually READ the post without that filter know that I said no such thing.  I said that racists could be good people in every other aspect of their lives and that being instilled with hatred at a young age - as many radical Islamists are - does not make them evil unless they actually act out on the hatred.  People change throughout their lives and to throw them away because of their ignorance and hatred says more about the hatred of the judge than of the sinner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Sorry, Miles, but I had to copy his words from your post because my post that he references seems to have disappeared or I'm too dumb to see it.  As usual, the man sees what he wants to see and decides to make a sneering attack based on his own opinion of me, personally.  Those who actually READ the post without that filter know that I said no such thing.  I said that racists could be good people in every other aspect of their lives and that being instilled with hatred at a young age - as many radical Islamists are - does not make them evil unless they actually act out on the hatred.  People change throughout their lives and to throw them away because of their ignorance and hatred says more about the hatred of the judge than of the sinner.

And you are correct.  

Black people are not bad because they don't like white people.   Grandmothers are not bad because they don't understand or like black people.  

A racist who acts on his racism is where they become "bad".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, and then said:

Desegregation began while I was in elementary school and by the time I was in High School the waters had pretty much smoothed.  I never witnessed any fights, riots or violence of any kind. 

I barely remember the civil unrest, but my dad already had a lot of black friends. His parts store was in a very poor black area of town and he would barter with them or extend credit when no one else would. Businesses owned by whites were being vandalized and robbed all around the place and his was left alone except for one night when someone threw a cinder block through the window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

As to racists in church, (BTW, I'm not a Southern Baptist) I believe that unless they change their heart and become color-blind, they are in for a surprise when their journey here ends.

Yep, not like God is going to say at the end of the journey,  "Well done thou good and faithful racist."

Edited by South Alabam

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Can you as a Washingtonian study the politics of New York or Texas? Or would you have to move there?

Facts, history and the documented record are there for all to study. You don't need to live somewhere to learn facts about that place. With the internet, you don't even need to live there to acquire your own anecdotal evidence from their populations, though it would still just be largely as useless in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone can read polls and studies. 

Take Japan, for example. Do I need to live there to know that it's one of the most racist countries in the world? No. The answer is no.

Do you think studying laws is the same as reading about racism and being able to understand it as if you have experienced it?????  Dude.  Get real.  You know what it's like to live here like I know what it's like to live there. 

Actually how accurate am I? 

1. wake up
  2. drink ironbru
  3. eat haggis
  4. molest sheep
  5. start drinking scotch
  6. get in a fight
  7. drink more scotch
  8. argue
  9. get in another fight
  10. go home
  11. repeat

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I barely remember the civil unrest, but my dad already had a lot of black friends. His parts store was in a very poor black area of town and he would barter with them or extend credit when no one else would. Businesses owned by whites were being vandalized and robbed all around the place and his was left alone except for one night when someone threw a cinder block through the window.

Angry KKK Guy (no relation to me :no:) is my guess, "Too much fraternizing!".

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Angry KKK Guy (no relation to me :no:) is my guess, "Too much fraternizing!".

:lol: I don't think so. Even the most racist rednecks didn't dare approach the area at the time.

I've always imagined it was some punk kid who received a lecture, if his parents found out about it, not knowing who my dad was. :wub:

• Like 1