Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Sessions resigns at Trumps request

OverSword

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do you think studying laws is the same as reading about racism and being able to understand it as if you have experienced it?????  Dude.  Get real.  You know what it's like to live here like I know what it's like to live there. 

Actually how accurate am I? 

1. wake up
  2. drink ironbru
  3. eat haggis
  4. molest sheep
  5. start drinking scotch
  6. get in a fight
  7. drink more scotch
  8. argue
  9. get in another fight
  10. go home
  11. repeat

:lol:

Actually many of them are fairly spot on. The trick with the sheep is to take them to the edge of a cliff so they back up on ye.

Difference is your examples are stereotypes and I'm talking about the documented record. Events. Facts. Recorded opinions of their people. Studies. Polls. Evidence. Your own experience, especially not being a minority, is simply your own personal experience. You're no more authoritative on the subject than anyone who has read the above evidence, no matter if they stay in Seattle or Istanbul.

Walk into literally any black community and try explaining to them that racism is over, they're not persecuted at all and it's all hunky-dory. I'm sure your skewed opinion will go down fine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What are you on about? There are multiple sources, including Gallop.

Deny it all you want, but it's common knowledge outside white people, evidenced by all the white people on here who would be cool with being friends with racists. Racism in your country is a massive problem and extremely widespread, regardless of your opinion on the matter.

It wasn't an opinion piece and it referenced multiple sources.

Told you a million times I'm not clicking on a blind link, no site name in your hyper link not arguing with you about that. Again,  it depends on how the questions are worded. It's all about perception. You act like we in the US are stuck in the 1940's...you have no idea what goes on here, nada!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Actually many of them are fairly spot on. The trick with the sheep is to take them to the edge of a cliff so they back up on ye.

Here we just wear tall rubber boots and stick the hind legs in.

i would address the rest of your post but I’m on a phone and  I’ve misplaced my reading glasses 

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Difference is your examples are stereotypes and I'm talking about the documented record. Events. Facts. Recorded opinions of their people. Studies. Polls. Evidence. Your own experience, especially not being a minority, is simply your own personal experience. You're no more authoritative on the subject than anyone who has read the above evidence, no matter if they stay in Seattle or Istanbul.

Walk into literally any black community and try explaining to them that racism is over, they're not persecuted at all and it's all hunky-dory. I'm sure your skewed opinion will go down fine. 

I never said racism was over I said it’s not institutional ie no laws requiring it such as no blacks at the same lunch counter as whites.

Foxnews says Whitaker's appointment may be illegal.  

“Under the law, the person running the Department of Justice must have been approved by the United States Senate for some previous position. Even on an interim post,” Napolitano told Fox News’ Dana Perino. 

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions was dismissed on Wednesday and Napolitano said his interim replacement should have been Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

While Whitaker was confirmed by the Senate in 2004 when he was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa, Napolitano said that he was nevertheless ineligible to serve in his current post as the confirmation was not “for a leadership position in the Justice Department.”

“Who has been confirmed and who’s next in line? Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein,” Napolitano added.

Sure, it's Huffpost, but the quotes are from Foxnews.  Law and order...amirite?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matt-whitaker-donald-trump-fox-news-attorney-general_us_5be3b528e4b0dbe871a69269

Edited by Agent0range

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Do you think studying laws is the same as reading about racism and being able to understand it as if you have experienced it?????  Dude.  Get real.  You know what it's like to live here like I know what it's like to live there. 

Actually how accurate am I? 

1. wake up
  2. drink ironbru
  3. eat haggis
  4. molest sheep
  5. start drinking scotch
  6. get in a fight
  7. drink more scotch
  8. argue
  9. get in another fight
  10. go home
  11. repeat

:lol:

1. wake up
  2. drink maple syrup
  3. eat delicious back bacon
  4. start drinking beer
  5. molest a moose
  6. get in a fight
  7. apologize to the moose
  8. go home and bring in some firewood
  9. go to sleep finally (in the hopes you never made an ass of yourself in front of the moose)
  10. repeat, eh?
Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 3

Before he is ousted, Sessions limits U.S. oversight of local police

Advocates criticized Sessions' departing order, saying the new procedures will make it more difficult to ensure that law enforcement and other entities such as schools and companies uphold an individual's constitutional rights.

"This move is a slap in the face to the dedicated career staff of the department who work tirelessly to enforce our nation's civil rights laws," Vanita Gupta, head of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, an advocacy group, said in a statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ousted-sessions-limits-u-oversight-local-police-135710088.html