Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cant check notifications on phone

OverSword

Hi there,  I am unable to check notifications in the forum on my phone.  I touch the icon in the corner but no menu pops up.  The number  on the notifications icon won't update unless I navigate away from UM also.  Started about 15 hours ago.

edit: Also tried rebooting phone.

Edited by OverSword

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Hi there,  I am unable to check notifications in the forum on my phone.  I touch the icon in the corner but no menu pops up.  The number  on the notifications icon won't update unless I navigate away from UM also.  Started about 15 hours ago.

edit: Also tried rebooting phone.

What browser are you using on your phone ?

56 minutes ago, Saru said:

What browser are you using on your phone ?

safari iPhone 6s

Edited by OverSword

Just checked again and every other button on the forum seems to work.

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Just checked again and every other button on the forum seems to work.

Unfortunately I don't have an iOS mobile device that I can test it with.

If the issue just started then look for something that's changed on your phone within the last day or so.

It could be a firewall/AV update, plugin/extension or just about anything really - there are so many possibilities.

Nothing has changed on this end and the notifications are working for me on Chrome.

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

Unfortunately I don't have an iOS mobile device that I can test it with.

If the issue just started then look for something that's changed on your phone within the last day or so.

It could be a firewall/AV update, plugin/extension or just about anything really - there are so many possibilities.

Nothing has changed on this end and the notifications are working for me on Chrome.

Yeah, nothings changed on my end either.  Oh well, I'll see if I can try a few things.

I found that today, actually,on my Android phone, there was the little red tab saying "You have notifications" but no amount of hammering on it would actually open it. I just assumed it was because the phone's often fond of playing up, though.  :mellow: 

• Like 1

Magically it started working again. Just in time to stop me from taking up knitting