Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Found this on Reddit

Mystify

So I was browsing reddit and came across this video found on FB of these creatures that seriously look like a form of ape, but with distinct differences. I have never seen or heard of creatures looking like this myself. Anyone?

https://www.facebook.com/jemayel/videos/10106581268377245

I would really like to look, but I refuse to go on fecesbook. Maybe if you found it on youtube?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

A lot of filming goes on there, so looks like the people in the obvious costumes are part of a filming. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mystify said:

So I was browsing reddit and came across this video found on FB of these creatures that seriously look like a form of ape, but with distinct differences. I have never seen or heard of creatures looking like this myself. Anyone?

It looks like humans in costumes performing a ceremony of some sort.

• Thanks 1

Shame they didn't zoom in closer to the creatures.

Maybe it is a movie set. Who knows. Def not normal. 

1 hour ago, Mystify said:

Some sort of tourist trap with people in costumes.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

fecesbook.

:lol: That's better than my term "Crackbook". 

• Haha 3

People in really cool suits.Thats all. 

1 hour ago, acute said:

This is a well-documented satanic ritual that invokes The Orange One. :yes:

I think it's safe to say you've taken this obsession to an unhealthy level.  Call someone.  It's never too late to seek help.  :w00t:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Some sort of tourist trap with people in costumes.

:lol: That's better than my term "Crackbook". 

That was interesting.  I couldn't guarantee their survival if they tried that unannounced anywhere in local waters around here :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

That was interesting.  I couldn't guarantee their survival if they tried that unannounced anywhere in local waters around here :) 

Have a railbird skiff pull up and fill them full of bismuth out of a 12 gauge, 32 inch stove pipe?  :lol:

I think the apes are genuine. The music is coming from the people in the boats.

They do look like people in costumes and don’t react like animals do in the presence of humans.

Human movements clearly and they are playing music the two of them right in the front

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found it on Youtube. In Spanish...

The creatures look really fake to me. Looks like some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog costume if you ask me. 

I did a little more Google looking and found this....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ewoks-cave-thailand/

Although this footage was presented as if it captured the rare discovery of a group of “Chay Na” men (i.e., a poor joke on “Chinamen”), there is nothing alien about these bipeds. This video actually shows an art piece put together by Tori Wrånes as part of the First Thailand Biennale:

And...

http://bigworldtale.com/world-news/mysterious-ewok-like-troll-monkeys-found-making-strange-noise-on-thai-island/

But, despite their odd appearance, the monkeys were actually performance actors and the sound was coming from travelling vocalist Tori Wranes who had staged the bizarre scene with local acting group Thailand Biennale.

And...

http://www.maritimeherald.com/2018/it-has-become-known-what-the-strange-creatures-seen-in-thailand-actually-are/

Although it was raised as a mystery and generated great curiosity, Khawaja always knew that they were costumed actors, belonging to a local company called Thailand Biennale, who were making a collaboration with the conceptual artist Tori Wranes.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

One possibility that came to my mind is the Barbary Macaques native to Gibraltar Island off Spain.

On further reading I see this was in Thailand (not Spain). Here is an animal native to Thailand:

Stump-tailed macaque mother and babyStump-tailed macaque mother and baby in Kaeng Krachan

I'll admit this isn't a great fit for the video.

Edited by papageorge1

I think I solved this mystery

No Ewok-like Creatures Discovered

Yes, as a matter of fact, no Ewok-like creatures are discovered in Thailand or anywhere else in the world. Surprisingly, what you see in the video is just a part of a performance art exhibition for the Thailand Biennale, a national art festival. The creative product is of Norwegian artist Tori Wrånes, who uses sounds, musical instruments, costumes, props, architecture and sculptures. Below you can see the making picture and video of the props on her Instagram account.

Here are the actual costumes being made: Photo

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think I solved this mystery

No Ewok-like Creatures Discovered

Yes, as a matter of fact, no Ewok-like creatures are discovered in Thailand or anywhere else in the world. Surprisingly, what you see in the video is just a part of a performance art exhibition for the Thailand Biennale, a national art festival. The creative product is of Norwegian artist Tori Wrånes, who uses sounds, musical instruments, costumes, props, architecture and sculptures. Below you can see the making picture and video of the props on her Instagram account.

Here are the actual costumes being made: Photo

Did you even read DieChecker's post? I don't think you solved this mystery. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5