Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Zuckerberg declines request re Fake News

33 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has declined a request to discuss fake news and data privacy in front of government officials from the U.K. and Canada, officials from those countries said in a signed letter Wednesday. Three more countries are also joining in the call for Zuckerberg to appear.

Late last month, U.K. and Canadian lawmakers called on Zuckerberg to attend a "special joint parliamentary hearing" in London on Nov. 27 for an "international grand committee' on disinformation and fake news."

Now, officials from Argentina, Australia and Ireland have joined the call, according to the latest letter, which said Facebook declined the original invitation on Friday.

Full report: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/mark-zuckerberg-declines-uk-parliament-invite-to-discuss-privacy.html

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey

Corner him like a rat and let's find out what he really knows. He's slimy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam

Facebook and data privacy. I had to laugh.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Corner him like a rat and let's find out what he really knows. He's slimy.

Throw the sonofab**** in prison where he belongs and delete the whole Crackbook frame. <_<

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
52 minutes ago, Piney said:

Throw the sonofab**** in prison where he belongs and delete the whole Crackbook frame. <_<

Why what's he and Facebook done? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Facebook is around for entertainment, it is not his responsibility to censor what people post. Governments keep acting like Facebook is a government entity lol.

 

It is funny, the internet opened up a platform so that people can freely share their thoughts with each other, much like how the printing press revolutionized the world, and how the protestant movement freed up religion for people to think for themselves, historically anytime people get more power to share their thoughts good things happen.  .Yet,  all the governments are freaking out :rolleyes:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
23 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Why what's he and Facebook done? 

Helped to turn people into sociopathic, materialistic, sensory retarded zombies. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Piney said:

Helped to turn people into sociopathic, materialistic, sensory retarded zombies. 

You forgot narcissistic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

People need to not be retarded and stop believing everything they see or hear. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Helped to turn people into sociopathic, materialistic, sensory retarded zombies. 

Did he turn or just highlight something that already existed. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Did he turn or just highlight something that already existed. 

Increased. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, stevewinn said:

Did he turn or just highlight something that already existed. 

both i'd say, we have generation grow up, who take social media more seriously than real world.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grey Area

The problem with Facebook and all social media is not that it delivers fake news so much, but that it delivers more of whatever you are determined to be interested in, so users get caught in a totally unbalanced feed of whatever.

What is important is that this is not exclusive to Facebook, in fact I would suggest targeting MZ constantly is a waste of time now, all social media follows similar algorithmic feeds and Facebook is old school.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Facebook is around for entertainment, it is not his responsibility to censor what people post. Governments keep acting like Facebook is a government entity lol.

 

It is funny, the internet opened up a platform so that people can freely share their thoughts with each other, much like how the printing press revolutionized the world, and how the protestant movement freed up religion for people to think for themselves, historically anytime people get more power to share their thoughts good things happen.  .Yet,  all the governments are freaking out :rolleyes:

that is exactly why governments are freaking out. it is not under their exclusive control.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
24 minutes ago, aztek said:

both i'd say, we have generation grow up, who take social media more seriously than real world.

A lot of AI's in the world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
35 minutes ago, danydandan said:

People need to not be retarded and stop believing everything they see or hear. 

But, but my post count. If I no one believed nonsense whatever would I do.:lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

i bet these gvmnt do not care about internet privacy, they want his data dump.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Why what's he and Facebook done? 

In the early days Facebook, he never sold or advertised anything. Yet became a Billionaire. He would go through your email address book and "invite" all your friends to Facebook. Then he would do the same to them. It is evident he was selling email addresses.

He even called users "Dumb ****s" for trusting them with his personal information.  https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a19490586/mark-zuckerberg-called-people-who-handed-over-their-data-dumb-f/

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
29 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

In the early days Facebook, he never sold or advertised anything. Yet became a Billionaire. He would go through your email address book and "invite" all your friends to Facebook. Then he would do the same to them. It is evident he was selling email addresses.

He even called users "Dumb ****s" for trusting them with his personal information.  https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a19490586/mark-zuckerberg-called-people-who-handed-over-their-data-dumb-f/

What did it say in the small print of terms and conditions when users signed up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, stevewinn said:

What did it say in the small print of terms and conditions when users signed up? 

it might as well say openly they will be selling your data,  but who reads small print anyway.

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
Just now, aztek said:

i might as well say openly say they will be selling your data,  but who reads small print anyway.

Exactly who reads it, but people should as this is where all the important information is contained. If people just accept to user agreement without reading who's at fault? Does facebook make it clear they'd share information? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, stevewinn said:

Exactly who reads it, but people should as this is where all the important information is contained. If people just accept to user agreement without reading who's at fault? Does facebook make it clear they'd share information? 

idk, i never read the whole thing, did you?  i also have no illusion that they safeguard my data, i know they do not, that is why i do not give them any

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
30 minutes ago, aztek said:

it might as well say openly they will be selling your data,  but who reads small print anyway.

I read a story the other week, where a guy was installing some software. In the terms and conditions and terms of use, it had a stipulation that if you send them an email with the stipulation copied and pasted they'd send you 1000 dollars. Some guy did, and he was first the, software company had that in it for 10 years before he sent it in. 

Also GameStop had a license agreement that you were required to sign into when buying games online. One of the last terms was that "upon agreeing to these terms and conditions GameStop will take possession of you immortal soul for all eternity".

Nobody reads these things, 

People should at least do a PDF word search for specific terms relating to privacy and data collection. 

But anyone stupid enough to have a Facebook account kinda deserves their data stolen and sold.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Quote

The Oath email to Yahoo Mail users says the company has "updated how we collect and use data," which includes "analyzing content and information (including emails, instant messages, posts, photos, attachments, and other communications) when you use our services" and "linking your activity on third-party sites and apps with information we have about you."

part from new new yahoo \ oath agreement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Helped to turn people into sociopathic, materialistic, sensory retarded zombies. 

That, plus massive data mining/collection. There is a strong likelihood Facebook was a Deep State operation to harvest billions of identities and patterns.

((They)) have been attempting to create just such a program for a long time. It's the CIA's wet dream: people voluntarily giving up their personal information, tracked via geo-tagging, creating an extensive "life log" that can be analyzed to determine all kinds of things.

Wired (2004) - Pentagon Kills "Life Log" Project

Quote

THE PENTAGON CANCELED its so-called LifeLog project, an ambitious effort to build a database tracking a person's entire existence.

Run by Darpa, the Defense Department's research arm, LifeLog aimed to gather in a single place just about everything an individual says, sees or does: the phone calls made, the TV shows watched, the magazines read, the plane tickets bought, the e-mail sent and received. Out of this seemingly endless ocean of information, computer scientists would plot distinctive routes in the data, mapping relationships, memories, events and experiences.

Sound familiar?

I actually created a thread on this back in April. You should know cause you commented on it lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.