Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zuckerberg declines request re Fake News

Eldorado

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

idk, i never read the whole thing, did you?  i also have no illusion that they safeguard my data, i know they do not, that is why i do not give them any

No I never read the terms and conditions, but I'm in the minority, I don't have Facebook or twitter or any other social media. As like you I don't trust them with my data. 

Everyone in my family and friends are part of twitter or Facebook. Apparently I'm missing out on the mnutiae of their lives. 

54 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What did it say in the small print of terms and conditions when users signed up? 

No idea. I don't use Facebook.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I actually created a thread on this back in April. You should know cause you commented on it lol

Yup! But I don't believe in a "Deep State". Just a bunch of greedy corporate owned elitist ****s making money off of poverty. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

That, plus massive data mining/collection. There is a strong likelihood Facebook was a Deep State operation to harvest billions of identities and patterns.

((They)) have been attempting to create just such a program for a long time. It's the CIA's wet dream: people voluntarily giving up their personal information, tracked via geo-tagging, creating an extensive "life log" that can be analyzed to determine all kinds of things.

Wired (2004) - Pentagon Kills "Life Log" Project

Sound familiar?

I actually created a thread on this back in April. You should know cause you commented on it lol

FB is LifeLog project .  it got canceled because FB does it better, and no one suspects gvmnts spying on you using it, well no one did at the beginning, now people know for sure

It is probably a generation gap (I'm 24), but I do not see social media as evil lol.

I do not agree with them selling my data, but at the same time I am pretty sure literally everything I do with a internet connect sells my data at this point. Google, Facebook Atnt, my PlayStation, Whenever you use a reward card at a grocery store. We live in a data era.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It is probably a generation gap (I'm 24), but I do not see social media as evil lol.

I do not agree with them selling my data, but at the same time I am pretty sure literally everything I do with a internet connect sells my data at this point. Google, Facebook Atnt, my PlayStation, Whenever you use a reward card at a grocery store. We live in a data era.

"Targeted advertising" is real and a large part of it can be attributed to tech giants selling your personal info. 
Nothing in this world is free and that goes double for "free" online accounts.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

"Targeted advertising" is real and a large part of it can be attributed to tech giants selling your personal info. 
Nothing in this world is free and that goes double for "free" online accounts.

Yeah its ridiculous, I can look up information about, or plane tickets for one city and almost instantly I start getting ad's about vacation get-away offers to the location lol, for weeks. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhat related...

"A judge in Silicon Valley has ordered the confiscation of laptops, emails and mobile phones that may have been used to leak secret Facebook documents to British MPs last week.

Judge V. Raymond Swope of the Superior Court of California ordered Ted Kramer, an American app maker who is at the centre of a stand-off between Facebook and Parliament, to hand over his devices to forensic investigators late on Friday night.

His ruling may shed new light on how damaging internal emails between Facebook staff were given to a Parliamentary committee in defiance of a US court order."

---

"Other documents from the same legal case revealed that Facebook briefly considered selling its users' personal data to other companies, something Mark Zuckerberg has promised never to do.

It is unclear what else might be contained among the hundreds of pages of documents created by the lawsuit, most of which remain under a court seal, but they are believed to contain internal discussions between senior Facebook executives, including Mark Zuckerberg, about its business model.

Mr Collins, who has repeatedly attempted to bring Mr Zuckerberg before his committee without success, pledged on Tuesday to publish the documents soon, but said some of them might be redacted."

Full report: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/12/01/us-judge-seizes-laptop-used-pass-facebooks-confidential-documents/