Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sanders accused of sharing edited video

Tiggs

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is facing accusations that she shared an edited video of the exchange between CNN correspondent Jim Acosta and an administration aide at President Trump's post-midterm news conference on Wednesday.

Sanders shared the video on her official Twitter account to justify the White House's decision to revoke Acosta’s press credentials after his tense exchange with Trump.

Source: The Hill

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have seen the video of the event live,  he absolutely deserve getting kicked out,.

So did I. I watched it live. He was an ass. He thinks because it is Trump, and he is CNN, he could berate him, or talk to him in any manner and demand to have every questioned answered. Disgusting. I sat there with my mom, who also watched him behave like a little bully.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 5

The "Acosta deserved it" opinions are fine, and all. More interested in discussing whether the clip tweeted by Sanders has been deliberately doctored, or not.

Seems important.

Seeing all kinds of analysis flying around currently. Suspect it may be a rorschach test -- but interested in seeing the varying opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Slowed down, sped up or played at regular speed Jim Acosta over powered the interns arm to keep the microphone.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The "Acosta deserved it" opinions are fine, and all. More interested in discussing whether the clip tweeted by Sanders has been deliberately doctored, or not.

Was it doctored Tiggs? Does it really matter since we all pretty much have seen the entire incident anyways?

Trump is an ass but that doesn't give reporters the right to hijack a white house press conference or to manhandle women.  He used his superior size and strength to prevent her from doing her job. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Most reporters at that press conference were well behaved. I also saw him repeatedly tell one to stop interrupting the reporter he was trying to talk to. It was rude. I liked when two reporters sitting next to each other stood and he asked them if they were together. The reporters handled it well. If you didn't see it live, watch the whole news conference on YouTube.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Was it doctored Tiggs? Does it really matter since we all pretty much have seen the entire incident anyways?

Trump is an ass but that doesn't give reporters the right to hijack a white house press conference or to manhandle women.  He used his superior size and strength to prevent her from doing her job. 

He didn't manhandle her. She tried to grab the mic and he held onto it. The doctored video makes speeds up the movement of his arm so that it looks like he karate chopped her arm. That's the problem.

Trump dodges important questions like he dodges taxes. And the way Acosta acted in pushing the question for an answer is what any reporter worth his salt should be doing. I mean Trump, moments after the conference, announced that he had taken over the Special Counsel after dodging that reporter's questions about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I have always viewed the nearly traditional result of midterms to split power up, one house or the other going to the opposition as a good brake on those in power shoving their agenda forward on the back end of a 4 year window. This dem grab of the House is more of that and way less of a "blue wave" than they want to make it seem.

Incivility is not necessary but too many people want to make a name for themselves and ride the "hero for rights" float and no parade is going to be good for this country.

But, nobody in Washington seems to give a dam about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't know whether it was doctored or not. Hence the thread, to gather opinions and evidence.

Seems important to me to know if the White House is deliberately trying to gaslight the US public, or not. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Seems important.

Seeing all kinds of analysis flying around currently. Suspect it may be a rorschach test -- but interested in seeing the varying opinions.

When is everybody gonna grow the hell up?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

well you have full video, and her video, you can compare and see.

it does not look like anyone here but OP think it is important. what she tweeted

Edited by aztek

If it was doctored and she knew it, a crapstorm should come down on her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Seems important.

I don't do Instagram or whatever...is there a time limit to videos? Did it change the whole exchange like the videos of Trump are always edited to? ...Remember "killing the fish"?

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He didn't manhandle her. She tried to grab the mic and he held onto it. The doctored video makes speeds up the movement of his arm so that it looks like he karate chopped her arm. That's the problem.

Trump dodges important questions like he dodges taxes. And the way Acosta acted in pushing the question for an answer is what any reporter worth his salt should be doing. I mean Trump, moments after the conference, announced that he had taken over the Special Counsel after dodging that reporter's questions about it. 

So...after all the  #metoo and you-must-believe-Ford, it's okay, by you, to manhandle a young female intern who was doing her job beccause...ya know....Trump....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

well you have full video, and her video, you can compare and see.

They appear to be visually different, in terms of timing.

What's not currently clear is whether that timing difference happened as a natural side-effect of the video editing process involved (zooming in and converting to a GIF), or whether it was altered intentionally.

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

So...after all the  #metoo and you-must-believe-Ford, it's okay, by you, to manhandle a young female intern who was doing her job beccause...ya know....Trump....

My exact point was that he didn't manhandle the woman. Which, if you'd read my actual words, you'd see. I literally wrote it in the first sentence you quoted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I saw it on the news last night, not a sped up or slowed down GIF.  He was out of line on multiple levels including being physical with the intern.  He used physicality to keep that microphone.  He knocked her hand out of the way while also turning so as to keep it out of her reach.  If you don't see that then I can only suppose your dislike of Trump has impaired your judgement and you are not capable of viewing things in a detached manner where he is concerned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

My exact point was that he didn't manhandle the woman. Which, if you'd read my actual words, you'd see. I literally wrote it in the first sentence you quoted.

I know, it's a matter of perception...you don't think it was but most others do, thus I used the word manhandle. Nice try but you can't control me or my conversation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Staying young is the key to happiness! :P

• Haha 1

I don't think you can call slowing down the action and zooming in on the point of interest as doctoring. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

i have seen the video of the event live,  he absolutely deserve getting kicked out,.

He has deserved to be kicked out for 2 years.  The Left has nothing but hate and distraction.  The next two years are going to be different because trump and his team are going to take the gloves off.  If they indict his son it could really get ugly.  What they did at Tucker Carlson's HOME last night is a signal that they plan to keep ramping up pressure on anyone who disagrees and has a platform to reach a lot of voters. He was at work and his wife was home with the 4 CHILDREN when these scum came onto his property threatening him.  One day soon, these punks are gonna eat a biscuit. Just a matter of time.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Unfortunately, El, I think it will only happen after we've burned it all down.  I'm deadly serious about that.  It will be a tragedy but when adults refuse to behave as adults, violence is inevitable.  Any reasonable  person should be able to see where the aggression is coming from.  

• Like 2