Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sanders accused of sharing edited video

Tiggs

23 minutes ago, skliss said:

I know, it's a matter of perception...you don't think it was but most others do, thus I used the word manhandle. Nice try but you can't control me or my conversation.

Yeah, I'm trying to control you and your conversation by quoting and addressing your actual words. First class spin-doctor, me.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think you can call slowing down the action and zooming in on the point of interest as doctoring. 

That would just be a slow-motion zoom. Here -- the claim is that the timing has been altered to make the arm movement look more aggressive than the original video.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I saw it on the news last night, not a sped up or slowed down GIF.  He was out of line on multiple levels including being physical with the intern.  He used physicality to keep that microphone.  He knocked her hand out of the way while also turning so as to keep it out of her reach.  If you don't see that then I can only suppose your dislike of Trump has impaired your judgement and you are not capable of viewing things in a detached manner where he is concerned.

She put hands on him without permission. She made contact first when she tried to grab the mic.

Let me put it this way: If you have a book and someone comes along and tries to grab that book without your permission, and you parry their attempts without injuring or even causing discomfort, how are you in the wrong? He didn't push her, slap her, throw her or otherwise manhandle her. He just resisted her attempts to forcibly grab a microphone from his hand.

29 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think you can call slowing down the action and zooming in on the point of interest as doctoring. 

You're correct, if that's all that happened then it is not. But analysis seems to suggest that the part where he moves his arm has been sped up to portray it as a violent karate chop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Let me put it this way: If you have a book and someone comes along and tries to grab that book without your permission, and you parry their attempts without injuring or even causing discomfort, how are you in the wrong?

Look again.  If she did anything wrong it was by grabbing the microphone while it was in his hand.  He had been instructed to surrender it to her but instead held on to it, brushed her arm away with his hand and turned away, forcing it out of her reach.  Please.

• Like 1

There is an expectation of decorum and dignity from the press at White House news conferences. When they are dismissed by the president they are to relinquish the microphone case closed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Michelle said:

There is an expectation of decorum and dignity from the press at White House news conferences. When they are dismissed by the president they are to relinquish the microphone case closed.

He's probably been trying to have his credentials revoked for a while now in order to have something to whine about.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Maybe if there were a modicum of decorum and dignity from the white house, it would matter.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No problem. Revoke THEIR credentials as well :D

In the age of Twitter, he doesn't NEED them any more, and he is under NO constitutional requirement to host them. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Brushing aside a womans arm is wrong, but grabbing them by the ***** is just fine.

I swear, ever day you people throat trump deeper and deeper.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Brushing am arm aside ia womans arm is wrong, but grabbing them by the ***** is just fine.

I swear, ever day you people throat trump deeper and deeper.

That's a bit rude isn't it ? :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Brushing am arm aside ia womans arm is wrong, but grabbing them by the ***** is just fine.

Can you please give the entire quote to what you're referencing?  I'm not sure I remember it anymore.

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That's a bit rude isn't it ? :( 

Only if, like Trump, you don't ask for permission first 

• Like 2

Acosta was clearly wrong. What he should have done was moved on her like a b**** in heat. Probably could have gotten himself a supreme court nomination. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

The "Acosta deserved it" opinions are fine, and all. More interested in discussing whether the clip tweeted by Sanders has been deliberately doctored, or not.

Seems important.

Seeing all kinds of analysis flying around currently. Suspect it may be a rorschach test -- but interested in seeing the varying opinions.

One would think that if he so deserved removing, there wouldn't be a need to doctor the footage... 

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Had any reporter behaved like that during a press conference for any other president they would have had their credentials yanked and probably been fired by their employer as well.  I get that Trump is not your average president and yet a reporter on the level of Acosta should be expected by the White House and by his peers to behave like a dignified professional, especially when addressing the President of the United States, which he didn't.  He got what he deserved.

The problem is....Trumps childishness lead to the entire thing happening in the first place. Any other President would have answered the question without acting like a baby and moved on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Was it doctored Tiggs? Does it really matter since we all pretty much have seen the entire incident anyways?

Trump is an ass but that doesn't give reporters the right to hijack a white house press conference or to manhandle women.  He used his superior size and strength to prevent her from doing her job. 

That's not even remotely what happened.

5 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

The problem is....Trumps childishness lead to the entire thing happening in the first place. Any other President would have answered the question without acting like a baby and moved on.

Would you like me to post a video of Obama yelling at a reporter for asking a question at a press conference?  I just watched one on another site. When Obama told the reporter to **** he did so.

6 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

That's not even remotely what happened.

You're right.  It's not remotely it's exactly what happened.

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Would you like me to post a video of Obama yelling at a reporter for asking a question at a press conference?  I just watched one on another site. When Obama told the reporter to **** he did so.

it's not. but keep them lips puckered baby.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And in this Obama press conference did he immediately start off by huffing and puffing and insulting the reporter before the question was even asked? Was there a history of him using violent rhetoric that caused somebody to send bombs to that news organization? And after that happened did he excuse it and then try to lay the blame on them? No. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

And in this Obama press conference did he blah blah blah blah?

Who cares?  I've laid out my case waaayyy before you got here so read the thread. BTW if people would be honest with themselves then I could stop seeming like I'm defending Trump.  Nowhere in this thread did I ever say Trump acted appropriately.  I'm pretty sure I said he's an idiot.  But Costa got what he deserved.

• Like 2