Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sanders accused of sharing edited video

Tiggs

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

One of the "champions of women" brushed her aside like she was nothing. Actions speak louder than words.

Oh, it's about to get worse. There's a #MeToo or three on his horizon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Actually a couple of them said he was within his rights to do it and blamed the girl...Expand My Mind for one. Most if them ignore the fact that it's her job to take the Mic and hand it to the next reporter.

It's her job to receive the mic from one person and give it to the next. It's not her job to forcibly grab it from a person.

I don't get how people can make a big deal of his action. She tried to grab the mic from his hand without his permission and he parried her attempt in an entirely non violent manner. He even moved his arm in such a way as to explicitly not lay his hand on her arm.

And if you actually look closely at the video, when both their arms come down her hand is still grabbing onto the mic. It's not even clear if the arms moving down caused the hands to move down or if the arms came down with her attempt to forcibly grab the mic. 

This is a mountain out of a molehill. Has she pressed charges yet for this violent assault? It's not even a scandal, but with the way people are latching onto this it's become clear to me how this same group of people could think Obama wearing a tanned suit was the scandal of the ages. Ridiculous.

Now the manta has changed from her handing the mic from one person to the other to "forcibly grabbing it" when he was officially dismissed and wouldn't relinquish it. :lol:

Left wing news is going nuts over this.

Edited by Michelle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Left wing news is going nuts over this.

It appears to be the exact opposite. Neutral observers, including all of the reporters present, see it as a non issue. Or rather they see the actual event as a non issue but view the White House's reaction as ridiculous. While Trump supporters are acting as though he used a secret Krav Maga death move and shattered her wrist into a thousand pieces.

41 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Now the manta has changed from her handing the mic from one person to the other to "forcibly grabbing it" when he was officially dismissed and wouldn't relinquish it. :lol:

What would you call grabbing something from someone's hand without permission? That's the literal definition of 'forcibly grabbing'. Handing something over is a mutual act.

I know Trump cultists have a hard time with the whole grabbing things without permission definition though, so it's understandable that you're having a hard time with this.

Any word yet on when she's filing assault charges? 

Edited by ExpandMyMind

5 hours ago, Stardrive said:

I'm not sure which version you saw but the one I saw on national TV he asked the president if he thought the caravan was an invasion. The president said yes, which answered his question. Acosta then proceeded to try and draw the President into a debate saying " no they're not invaders", which is not a question, it's an opinion.

Sessions wasn't fired. 

Apologies, I think you're correct. Trump just refuses to answer so many important questions that it's difficult to keep track. However, he was asked that question at some point during the conference and did refuse to answer.

When you ask someone for their resignation then you are firing them. This is common knowledge. That Sessions even put that in his resignation letter shows that he was making it clear for everyone else that he was not resigning of his own free will. A last act of defiance against Trump.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It appears to be the exact opposite. Neutral observers, including all of the reporters present, see it as a non issue. Or rather they see the actual event as a non issue but view the White House's reaction as ridiculous.

What would you call grabbing something from someone's hand without permission? That's the literal definition of 'forcibly grabbing'. Handing something over is a mutual act.

I know Trump cultists have a hard time with the whole grabbing things without permission definition though, so it's understandable that you're having a hard time with this.

Any word yet on when she's filing assault charges? 

Show me where FOX or Breitbart are going on and on about this.

Acosta was dismissed by her boss, the president, which is a sign for him to relinquish the mic and for her to do her job. I don't care how Acosta did it, he brushed her aside as if she was nothing.

He overstepped his boundaries as a guest in someone else's house.

As an Antifa member, of course you think everyone else who doesn't agree with you is a Trump supporter. You are so far from being neutral it isn't even funny.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Show me where FOX or Breitbart are going on and on about this.

Show me where I said FOX or Breitbart are going on and on about this.

I said 'people'.

And why am I not surprised to find that you read Breitbart. 

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Acosta was dismissed by her boss, the president, which is a sign for him to relinquish the mic and for her to do her job. I don't care how Acosta did it, he brushed her aside as if she was nothing.

If she had been a man, would there be a problem? It seems to me that conservatives are so desperate to make something out of nothing that they're latching onto the whole 'man putting down a woman' angle to this, when it was simply a guy trying to hold onto a mic when someone else tried to take it from his hands. Your whole mock outrage is a complete fabrication.

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

overstepped his boundaries as a guest in someone else's house.

Terrible behaviour for a dinner party. Though probably still miles better than some of your friends, eh Michelle? ;)

I also read UPI, Reuters, CBC, BBC, Associated Press, Al Jazeera, etc., unlike other people who prefer to remain ignorant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I also read UPI, Reuters, CBC, BBC, Associated Press, Al Jazeera, etc., unlike other people who prefer to remain ignorant.

I bet you can spot a shill, too, and routinely scrape better off your shoe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Just for the record, I've quoted all of those sites you mentioned and scores of others on this very forum. 

The difference between them and the previous two, is that the two American right wing establishments you mentioned are outright propaganda outlets.

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Just for the record, I've quoted all of those sites you mentioned and scores of others on this very forum. 

The difference between them and the previous two, is that the two American right wing establishments you mentioned are outright propaganda outlets.

Then I shouldn't have to explain to you how important it is to get out of your echo chamber/comfort zone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

One of the "champions of women" brushed her aside like she was nothing. Actions speak louder than words.

What an ignorant comment.  Do you think he would have acted differently if she were a man?  As I said earlier, he should be suspended over his incidental contact.  But, don't act like he did this purposefully, or did it because she was a woman.  Be better.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Show me where I said FOX or Breitbart are going on and on about this.

I said 'people'.

And why am I not surprised to find that you read Breitbart. 

If she had been a man, would there be a problem? It seems to me that conservatives are so desperate to make something out of nothing that they're latching onto the whole 'man putting down a woman' angle to this, when it was simply a guy trying to hold onto a mic when someone else tried to take it from his hands. Your whole mock outrage is a complete fabrication.

Terrible behaviour for a dinner party. Though probably still miles better than some of your friends, eh Michelle? ;)

You don’t put hands on someone who is doing their job.

Full Stop.

Never.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Apologies, I think you're correct. Trump just refuses to answer so many important questions that it's difficult to keep track. However, he was asked that question at some point during the conference and did refuse to answer.

When you ask someone for their resignation then you are firing them. This is common knowledge. That Sessions even put that in his resignation letter shows that he was making it clear for everyone else that he was not resigning of his own free will. A last act of defiance against Trump.

Like everything in this world, there were some good questions and some bad.  Some were attempts to troll, but that happens to all that sit in the chair. Obama had to shatcan a few journalist when he was in the chair for the same reason. 

A last act of defiance? That kind of implies he was a defiant employee. Which would explain his departure. 

23 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, no, they're not defending what he did; they're deflecting from what he did by criticizing three enhanced frames delineating exactly what he did. It's so outrageous and so unfair and so, so....inappropriate they cry, over and over again. :rolleyes:

The White House publishing a doctored video is unprecedented and Orwellian.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Someone pushing aside, no matter how slight the gesture, someone who is doing their job in order to continue arguing with someone is unprofessional and bullying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Someone pushing aside, no matter how slight the gesture, someone who is doing their job in order to continue arguing with someone is unprofessional and bullying.

Literally couldn’t care about the contents of the video — and neither will History.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

bull****. London answering to Brussels was positively Orwellian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

The contents of this video are the point of this thread that you created.

Again -- I don't care what the subject of the video is -- could be the teletubbies arguing over pizza slices for all I care.

The part I care about is the White House propagating doctored video evidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

bull****. London answering to Brussels was positively Orwellian.

Feel free to name an example of the White House previously releasing a doctored video as evidence.

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Feel free to name an example of the White House previously releasing a doctored video as evidence.

No one has been charged with a crime so this is not evidence, albeit  does enhance the proof of the incident in question. Please feel free to cite a case where too much evidence in the form of audio-visual enhancement was rejected.

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No one has been charged with a crime so this is not evidence, albeit  does enhance the proof of the incident in question

So the claim, because no crime has been committed, cannot have evidence, but it can have proof? Do you know what evidence is?

36 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No one has been charged with a crime so this is not evidence,

It's almost as if you're unaware that evidence for a position doesn't require a crime.

36 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

albeit  does enhance the proof of the incident in question.

Removing multiple frames of a video, and replacing them by repeating the prior frame in order to change the perception of the event doesn't enhance the proof of anything.

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It wasn't doctored.

"Guy who doctored the video continues to claim it wasn't doctored" shocker.