Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man brings lawsuit to lower his age 20 years

Still Waters

A Dutch "positivity trainer" has launched a legal battle to change his age and boost his dating prospects.

Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender.

"We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.

A local court in the eastern city of Arnhem is expected to rule on the case within four weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46133262

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is where liberalism takes us, and it's just the beginning, reality is irrelevant, perception and emotions are everything

Really sad isn't it. Liberalism It isn't always about conformation, but forcing others to conform as well. And I refuse to bend.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is where liberalism takes us, and it's just the beginning, reality is irrelevant, perception and emotions are everything

Except reality doesn't care what you identify as. Something I haven't seen addressed yet is medical ramifications of identity politics. When you go to the Doctor to get a prescription, the Doctor is going to issue medication based on what?

Your age, your gender, your health.

You should be getting medicine for a 60 yr old male with a preexisting heart condition. Instead, you are being prescribed medicine for a 40 yr old female with heart palpitations cause that's what you changed your ID to represent. See what I mean? How is that supposed to work? You only identify as something else when you are outside the Doc's office? I guess that invalidates your indentity, no?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A local court in the eastern city of Arnhem is expected to rule on the case within four weeks.

4 weeks? This should have been thrown out of court before the judge had time to finish his whiskey.

Mr Ratelband further argued that according to his doctors he has the body of a 45-year-old, and described himself as a "young god".

Lol, seems old age has started to affect his brain. Can not see his body but his face looks at least 72. 

Mr Ratelband argues he feels discriminated against because of his age, and that it was affecting his employment chances and his success rate on the dating app, Tinder.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work," he said.

He had his chances, so basically he wants to be able to take out a morgage and loan to buy a new house and car on the assumption he is going to live and work through to his 100's.

Jeeze!  Give this man a zimmer frame now, his mind is beginning to stoop.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Except reality doesn't care what you identify as. Something I haven't seen addressed yet is medical ramifications of identity politics. When you go to the Doctor to get a prescription, the Doctor is going to issue medication based on what?

Your age, your gender, your health.

You should be getting medicine for a 60 yr old male with a preexisting heart condition. Instead, you are being prescribed medicine for a 40 yr old female with heart palpitations cause that's what you changed your ID to represent. See what I mean? How is that supposed to work? You only identify as something else when you are outside the Doc's office? I guess that invalidates your indentity, no?

Do you not have medical records? 

I cancelled my 25th birthday.   I have been 24 years and 364 days old for most of my life :D   

Sadly, my body sometimes refuses to do what my 24 year old brain tells it too :(

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

He had his chances, so basically he wants to be able to take out a morgage and loan to buy a new house and car on the assumption he is going to live and work through to his 100's.

I guess a midlife crisis hits at any age.

• Haha 3

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

he'll sue the doctor for not respecting his identity, or he'll sue the doc. when his meds for 40 years old female wont work.,  either way he is right no matter what. pretty interesting world we live in.

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I guess a midlife crisis hits at any age.

I reckon he hit that 20 years ago and has never got out of it.

• Haha 4

Cant he just hide his birth certificate like what everyone else does when they have a wife 30 years younger than them? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

Yep, right up until our enemies figure out our populations really are mental.  Then they will give all the confused snowflakes a REAL focus.  SMH...

• Like 1

This man brings shame to our elder's we should ban him from society if he wants his own house and crap

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

I cancelled my 25th birthday.   I have been 24 years and 364 days old for most of my life :D   

Sadly, my body sometimes refuses to do what my 24 year old brain tells it too :(

I was just going to say. At 69, I don't know what he views as dating prospects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

I was just going to say. At 69, I don't know what he views as dating prospects.

Possibly he figures, if he knocks the two decades off his numbers, he can go dating an eighteen year old without too much of repercussions or consequences

~

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Possibly he figures, if he knocks the two decades off his numbers, he can go dating an eighteen year old without too much of repercussions or consequences

~

An eighteen yr old wants results. Of course, in 10 yrs he may be dead. Hope he's rich!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, susieice said:

An eighteen yr old wants results. Of course, in 10 yrs he'll may be dead. Hope he's rich!

Then he'll just sue to have himself reinstated as among the living ... :yes:

~

• Haha 3

To boost his dating prospects I'm not sure changing the date on his ID would simply suffice.  Gravity is cruel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

We are all entitled to identify as our chosen age, especially on dating websites.

You mean emotional relationship preying grounds ...

~

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You mean emotional relationship preying grounds ...

~

You dirty ol' man ;)

• Haha 2

Just now, Black Red Devil said:

You dirty ol' man ;)

I showered before I logged in ... ;)

~

• Haha 2