Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man brings lawsuit to lower his age 20 years

Still Waters

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I showered before I logged in ... ;)

~

Ha, water can't cleanse that part of the body, only God can.

• Haha 1

Just now, Black Red Devil said:

Ha, water can't cleanse that part of the body, only God can.

You just tell this God of yours to leave me alone, I just need to be hygienic, not sanctified ... I don't need no Immaculate Conceptions to mess up my Love life

~

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

You just tell this God of yours to leave me alone, I just need to be hygienic, not sanctified ... I don't need no Immaculate Conceptions to mess up my Love life

~

Fair enough but you can tell him.  He's never spoken to me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Really sad isn't it. Liberalism It isn't always about conformation, but forcing others to conform as well. And I refuse to bend.

Indeed, Liberalism is becoming the new fascism.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Setton said:

Do you not have medical records? 

Sure, but the Doctor is then discriminating against your current identity. You and I know how this situation would work but the people who choose to associate "identity" with "biology" can't have it both ways. At some point, their own logic will have them backed in to a corner and they will be forced to admit it's not real. No different than obese people filing claims against Doctors because they were told they being fat is unhealthy - facts don't care about your feelings. Either you admit defeat and take the Doc's prescription or you lie and take a risk. It puts the Doc in a bind as well because he can be sued for malpractice and he has to uphold an oath to "do no harm". Sorry Chelsea but you were born Thomas so I have to give you this bottle and not that one.

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Sure, but the Doctor is then discriminating against your current identity. You and I know how this situation would work but the people who choose to associate "identity" with "biology" can't have it both ways. At some point, their own logic will have them backed in to a corner and they will be forced to admit it's not real. No different than obese people filing claims against Doctors because they were told they being fat is unhealthy - facts don't care about your feelings. Either you admit defeat and take the Doc's prescription or you lie and take a risk. It puts the Doc in a bind as well because he can be sued for malpractice and he has to uphold an oath to "do no harm". Sorry Chelsea but you were born Thomas so I have to give you this bottle and not that one.

I don't buy that all transgender people are too stupid to understand that their past will affect their medical treatment. 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

I don't buy that all transgender people are too stupid to understand that their past will affect their medical treatment. 

Well it is said often enough that god made a mistake and put him/her in a wrong body, or something along those lines ...

~

7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Indeed, Liberalism is becoming the new fascism.

Quite a leap in fantasy there.

• Like 1

Ummmm… Doesn't anyone else think that this guy is doing this as a stunt to point out what he sees as the absurdity of self identifying gender?  I mean, some of his words sure look like he's taking the p***.  For example:

"If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car."

"When I'm on Tinder and it says I'm 69, I don't get an answer. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position."

On 09/11/2018 at 5:11 AM, third_eye said:

I showered before I logged in ... ;)

~

Woohoo, don't tell me....

Its your 30th birthday.  ;)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Quite a leap in fantasy there.

Not really.

Liberals used to believe in free speech, todays liberals spend all their time trying to police it.

• Like 2

This guy used to be on TV alot, and often said controversial things. Take his actions lightly. He is seriously going to court with this though, most probably just to see how the legal system is taking this stance and spark up some sort of debate.

On 2018-11-09 at 11:25 AM, Dark_Grey said:

... No different than obese people filing claims against Doctors because they were told they being fat is unhealthy - facts don't care about your feelings.

Except that this whole idea of 'ideal weight for your height' stuff is garbage. Doctors are actually starting to realize this now. You know how doctors came upon the idea that being 'fat' is unhealthy? By guessing. Seriously. You can have someone who's 'overweight' that's far healthier than someone who is the 'ideal weight'.

But anyway, this dude in the article, probably went around to doctor after doctor to find one incompetent enough to say his body was that of a 49 year old. The fact that he's going on and on about dating websites says a lot. Creepy.

• Thanks 1

People are usually surprised when I tell them my age. They usually assume I’m younger.  We all pretty much think we feel younger than our age judging by conversations I’ve had with friends older than myself. Be proud of your age. Don’t dye your gray hair. Brag about it. I’m 54, in shape and enjoying myself. 

Wisdom is not guaranteed which is how you get people like the man in this story. It just makes him seem sad. That’s old.

• Thanks 2

Though I must say that nothing adds a spring to the step of the Old lechers than a young leech on each arm on a night out in the town

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:17 PM, Black Red Devil said:

To boost his dating prospects I'm not sure changing the date on his ID would simply suffice.  Gravity is cruel.

yes, lord... and the choice is to wrinkle with grace and maturity or end up looking like Senator Bill Nelson of Florida  :w00t:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bunzilla said:

Except that this whole idea of 'ideal weight for your height' stuff is garbage. Doctors are actually starting to realize this now. You know how doctors came upon the idea that being 'fat' is unhealthy? By guessing. Seriously. You can have someone who's 'overweight' that's far healthier than someone who is the 'ideal weight'.

But anyway, this dude in the article, probably went around to doctor after doctor to find one incompetent enough to say his body was that of a 49 year old. The fact that he's going on and on about dating websites says a lot. Creepy.

True enough.  It reminds me of a time when I noticed a teenage nephew spending a lot of time online with some sweet young thing.  I'll never forget the look on his face when I told him to be wary, that "she" might have a deeper voice and more chest hair than him.  Broke his heart, I think :w00t:

12 hours ago, Aerosol said:

This guy used to be on TV alot, and often said controversial things. Take his actions lightly. He is seriously going to court with this though, most probably just to see how the legal system is taking this stance and spark up some sort of debate.

I guess it seems harmless enough, even amusing to most folks but that's how the whole PC concept took hold, initially.  Now it has morphed into the thought police.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:38 AM, third_eye said:

Well it is said often enough that god made a mistake and put him/her in a wrong body, or something along those lines ...

~

I actually believe that most transgender types sincerely feel this way.  It certainly isn't MY role to tell them they're wrong.  I just don't want the Federal government demanding that the other 99+ % of us have to act as though we all agree with that as a new norm.  They already have rights that protect them from abuse of a physical or economic nature.  I say, live and let live and that goes BOTH ways.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, and then said:

I actually believe that most transgender types sincerely feel this way.  It certainly isn't MY role to tell them they're wrong.  I just don't want the Federal government demanding that the other 99+ % of us have to act as though we all agree with that as a new norm.  They already have rights that protect them from abuse of a physical or economic nature.  I say, live and let live and that goes BOTH ways.  

Id be tempted to agree, although I would add that politeness is the grease thst keeps the gears of society moving.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this. Its a solid argument in my eyes if you can change your gender why cant you change your age. Ones as physically grounded as the other.

I must state though i personally do not agree with changing one self outside of what nature intended. But I am willing to live and let live.

• Like 1

So what? How does it effect YOU if some guy wants to legally change his age? And actually he has a point about age discrimination. It's still perfectly legal most places, even the US.

Same with gender identity. Conservatives need to shut up about that too.

52 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

So what? How does it effect YOU if some guy wants to legally change his age? And actually he has a point about age discrimination. It's still perfectly legal most places, even the US.

Same with gender identity. Conservatives need to shut up about that too.

So if he had health insurance and declared himself to be 49, do you think they'd pay out for his hip replacement?

• Like 1