Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystical magical appearing ballots tour

RavenHawk

1 hour ago, likwidlite said:

EMM I've noticed you're on pretty much every us politics thread but are based in the UK. Have you been state side or spent any extended time there?

Nope. 

• Like 1

Broward county has had issues before this, many, many times.  There is video, this election, of ballots being transported by private transport which is against the laws. This woman has admitted in the past, in court, on video, that she included ballots  cast by illegals and dead people. She refuses to update the rolls. She's refused to comply with the law. She should not be in charge of elections as she's either corrupt or she has no idea how to do her job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

That's surprised me. 

Why? Does it surprise you when someone who is not religious criticises religions in the religious forum? When non spiritualists do so in the spiritualist forum? 

This entire site if full of examples such as this. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Why? Does it surprise you when someone who is not religious criticises religions in the religious forum? When non spiritualists do so in the spiritualist forum? 

This entire site if full of examples such as this. 

Surprised as you're in just about every US politics thread, I'd have thought at least you had travelled around the country extensively, go there regularly on business or had at least been on holiday and had some tangible experience of the country and people.  

"Does it surprise you when someone who is not religious criticises religions in the religious forum? When non spiritualists do so in the spiritualist forum?"

Nope, not one bit, in fact, it happens so much that several unfavourable words could be used to describe a person that consistently and regularly criticises any religion, yet has zero tangible real-life experience of said religion and whose only knowledge of the religion was that passed on by third parties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Surprised as you're in just about every US politics thread, I'd have thought at least you had travelled around the country extensively, go there regularly on business or had at least been on holiday and had some tangible experience of the country and people.  

"Does it surprise you when someone who is not religious criticises religions in the religious forum? When non spiritualists do so in the spiritualist forum?"

Nope, not one bit, in fact, it happens so much that several unfavourable words could be used to describe a person that consistently and regularly criticises any religion, yet has zero tangible real-life experience of said religion and whose only knowledge of the religion was that passed on by third parties. 

Well you're always free to address the actual content I or others post. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

I do, occasionally, but TBH I quite enjoy reading the different viewpoints over a cup of coffee without getting involved. I find this UM to be one of the few places that isn't just an echo chamber from a set political view. However, as part of reading these threads, you do start to see the usual suspects over and over, yourself being one of them. Many of the other members live stateside, so it makes sense for them to be regulars in the US politics threads, I was curious as to what your first-hand experiences were and as to why you would frequent these particular threads being UK based. I was expecting a reply along the lines that you had lived there or had family out there and that would be the end of the conversation. To find out you've never even been was a surprise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Really? Where is the evidence of this and why has his own secretary of state and police department stated that there is no evidence of voter fraud?

You haven’t been paying attention to the thread, have you?  Here’s a rough rundown of the physics involved.  There are ~1.1 million registered voters in Broward Co. (13 million statewide).  The voter turnout for this election was a record for a midterm at 61% statewide.  (i.e. ~670,000 voter turnout in Broward).  It is typical for counting to seem to hang up at about 98% or 99% for most of the evening.  That is done to assure that every vote is counted.  Within 30mins of the closing of the polls, the number of all ballots cast must be reported to the state.  That’s how they determine the percentages in.

At that point Scott was 56,000 votes up on Nelson.  When you look at what has been counted and what is yet to be counted, Scott declared victory.  The next day, some 93,000 new votes were found in only Broward (amazing).  That’s a whole 8% of the total registered voters in Broward.  Someone just happened to misplace that many??  Statewide, that is only about 1-1/2% but it was enough to counter that 1% to 2% remaining statewide to draw a recount.  I’d send in Federal troops to secure the ballots in Broward asap.

Of the ~160,000 not yet counted by the end of the evening, subtract the 56k lead and the 93k new ballots, you get ~11k for Scott’s lead (the actual turned out to be 15k).  That sounds like someone was playing with the percentages.  There was also about a 3% undervote in favor of the Senate race.  That is unusual to have that many vote for Senator and not governor.  And given photos of the poor chain of custody of these 93,000 ballots makes them suspect.  Each one of those needs to be examined.  Again, where did they come from?  Every legal vote needs to be counted and only once.

•  

11/10/2018 01:32 PM EST

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott asked state law enforcement to investigate Broward County election officials because of potential “rampant [voter] fraud,” even though monitors from his own administration say they have seen none in that county.

“Our staff has seen no evidence of criminal activity at this time,” Department of State spokeswoman Sarah Revell wrote in an email on Saturday. Scott is the state’s current governor and the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate with a narrow lead over incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)

Politico 

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You haven’t been paying attention to the thread, have you?  Here’s a rough rundown of the physics involved.  There are ~1.1 million registered voters in Broward Co. (13 million statewide).  The voter turnout for this election was a record for a midterm at 61% statewide.  (i.e. ~670,000 voter turnout in Broward).  It is typical for counting to seem to hang up at about 98% or 99% for most of the evening.  That is done to assure that every vote is counted.  Within 30mins of the closing of the polls, the number of all ballots cast must be reported to the state.  That’s how they determine the percentages in.

At that point Scott was 56,000 votes up on Nelson.  When you look at what has been counted and what is yet to be counted, Scott declared victory.  The next day, some 93,000 new votes were found in only Broward (amazing).  That’s a whole 8% of the total registered voters in Broward.  Someone just happened to misplace that many??  Statewide, that is only about 1-1/2% but it was enough to counter that 1% to 2% remaining statewide to draw a recount.  I’d send in Federal troops to secure the ballots in Broward asap.

Of the ~160,000 not yet counted by the end of the evening, subtract the 56k lead and the 93k new ballots, you get ~11k for Scott’s lead (the actual turned out to be 15k).  That sounds like someone was playing with the percentages.  There was also about a 3% undervote in favor of the Senate race.  That is unusual to have that many vote for Senator and not governor.  And given photos of the poor chain of custody of these 93,000 ballots makes them suspect.  Each one of those needs to be examined.  Again, where did they come from?  Every legal vote needs to be counted and only once.

See my post above. Scott's own people confirm there is no evidence of voter fraud. I'll take the word of them and law enforcement over a random Internet commenter's conspiracy theories, thanks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, likwidlite said:

, I was curious as to what your first-hand experiences were and as to why you would frequent these particular threads being UK based. I was expecting a reply along the lines that you had lived there or had family out there and that would be the end of the conversation. To find out you've never even been was a surprise.

he is far from alone at that. you will come across others just like that. all of them just as arrogant. and clueless about real life here

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nope. 

You should come and visit, I promise you won't get shot.  We seem to have a lot of visitors and residents from England here.  And if you did I'd buy you a meal and a few pints.  That invitation goes to any UMers' if you're coming here let me know.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

he is far from alone at that. you will come across others just like that. all of them just as arrogant. and clueless about real life here

Yeah, but you can't blame them.  US politics are pretty interesting.

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You should come and visit, I promise you won't get shot.  We seem to have a lot of visitors and residents from England here.  And if you did I'd buy you a meal and a few pints.  That invitation goes to any UMers' if you're coming here let me know.

:D Well getting shot wasn't a particular worry until you brought it up. Thanks.

If I was to visit, Seattle would be my first choice. Always liked the place and love the Seahawks. Also quite like look of San Francisco. Maybe one day if I'm not on any anti-American watchlists :D

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

:D Well getting shot wasn't a particular worry until you brought it up. Thanks.

If I was to visit, Seattle would be my first choice. Always liked the place and love the Seahawks. Also quite like look of San Francisco. Maybe one day if I'm not on any anti-American watchlists :D

Seattle is a fantastic city. Weirdly, there are some many little similarities to the UK that it's a great way to aclimatise into the US. Weather being the obvious one.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

See my post above. Scott's own people confirm there is no evidence of voter fraud. I'll take the word of them and law enforcement over a random Internet commenter's conspiracy theories, thanks.

No, they did not confirm there is no evidence.  They said they have not seen any at this time.  Law enforcement was nowhere to be seen when those ballots showed up.  I’m just crunching the same numbers that Scott is and they just don’t add up.  It’s all about the numbers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Seattle is a fantastic city. Weirdly, there are some many little similarities to the UK that it's a great way to aclimatise into the US. Weather being the obvious one.

Yeah, I quite like rain. Comes in handy living in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

No, they did not confirm there is no evidence.  They said they have not seen any at this time.  Law enforcement was nowhere to be seen when those ballots showed up.  I’m just crunching the same numbers that Scott is and they just don’t add up.  It’s all about the numbers.

And what is your source?

Also, how do you explain that Scott's own election overseers have stated unambiguously that there is no evidence of voter fraud. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And what is your source?

Also, how do you explain that Scott's own election overseers have stated unambiguously that there is no evidence of voter fraud. 

??  You’re my source. – No evidence yet.  When they said that, were they aware of the delivery of unknown ballots?  You’re taking a quote from a snapshot in the middle of an event.  Had they looked at the numbers before and after the deadline to declare the total count?

Edited by RavenHawk

10 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

??  You’re my source. – No evidence yet.  When they said that, were they aware of the delivery of unknown ballots?  You’re taking a quote from a snapshot in the middle of an event.  Had they looked at the numbers before and after the deadline to declare the total count?

I meant the source for your numbers.

Yes, no evidence yet. But it's going to be quite difficult for them to find any when they've stated they aren't even investigating because there was no accusation of any crimes.

What delivery of unknown ballots? Where is your source? The only example I can find, outside of conspiracy theory website allegations and Trump's Twitter account, is the one I posted, where the election officials stated explicitly that they wouldn't be counted because they were found after the deadline.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I meant the source for your numbers.

You can google the numbers.

Yes, no evidence yet. But it's going to be quite difficult for them to find any when they've stated they aren't even investigating because there was no accusation of any crimes.

That may change.  I believe that Scott has filed several law suits.

What delivery of unknown ballots? Where is your source? The only example I can find, outside of conspiracy theory website allegations and Trump's Twitter account, is the one I posted, where the election officials stated explicitly that they wouldn't be counted because they were found after the deadline.

You need to pay closer attention to the news over here if you are going to make such a stance.  If they wouldn’t be counted, how come they are being?  That’s the point of the whole thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You can google the numbers.

That may change.  I believe that Scott has filed several law suits.

You need to pay closer attention to the news over here if you are going to make such a stance.  If they wouldn’t be counted, how come they are being?  That’s the point of the whole thing.

So no sources.

• Like 1

Elections officials say boxes labeled with the words “provisional ballots” that have shown up around Broward County contain offices supplies used on Election Day and are not used to collect actual filled-out ballots.

Broward supervisor of elections attorney Eugene Pettis says the boxes contain office supplies and a red envelope for polling places to use for any provisional ballots. Provisional ballots are cast when someone votes without identification or their eligibility cannot immediately be verified by elections officials.

Pettis says provisional ballots are sealed inside the envelope and sent separately to the supervisor of elections’ office. The box is then loaded with office supplies and dispatched to the same office but does not contain any ballots.

One such box found at an elementary school was opened for reporters. It contained only the office supplies.

------

Circuit Chief Judge Jack Tuter earlier Monday suggested that the sides agree on a suggestion of putting the additional law enforcement officers at the office of Brenda Snipes, where the county’s votes are being counted. He said this would be a measure that could help reassure citizens that the integrity of the Florida recount is being protected.

The judge said he’s seen no evidence of wrongdoing in the vote counting in Broward County and urged lawyers on all sides to “ramp down the rhetoric.”

AP

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The judge said he’s seen no evidence of wrongdoing in the vote counting in Broward County

Of course there is no evidence of wrongdoing in the vote counting.  It is all done beforehand.  Words have meaning and when it comes to legal, political, or diplomatic statements, you can’t assume meaning.

• Like 1