Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California wildfire leaves town in ruins

Still Waters

Manifest Destiny is all about making your own paradise through humanism.

Beginning in 2014, long before their extended drought, California’s fate was sealed.

It’s better to abandon ship and recross the Sierra. Leave this place ....

Manifest Destiny is over ......

From Sea to Shining Sea_edited-1

Google .... "make manifest destiny a memory” and see where it leads.

https://www.google.com/search?q="make+manifest+destiny+a+memory"&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS815US815&oq="make+manifest+destiny+a+memory"&aqs=chrome..69i57.43153j1j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Raptor Witness

12 hours ago, susieice said:

What planet are you on? The land is private property and billions in tax dollars are sent every year. Some is Federal, but not much. California has it's own State Government that the money is turned over to.

Private property? It is called camp fire because it started from a downed power ine in a campground. Yes the 6700 buildings that burbed are private. Trump is a moron. He has been looking for ways to cut funding to the forest service before this and if he does this will become more commonplace.

Chico which is the town at the bottom of the hill on the pic where i live has 90,000 people and thanks to the firefighters who fought all night it was barely saved, well mostly. Crews did an amazing job. Paradise was completely lost because it was a windy day and the blaze was travelling a footballfield a second and happened at 7 in the morning. Theres no a lot of ways out  from the canyon the town was gone almost instantly. Its pretty amazing that thousands of people did get out so fast. There are still smaller towns to the east and south burning. Also to the person asking about mudslides... what!? There has to be water to make mud. Right now there is 150 square miles of charcoal... no mud.

Edited by Nnicolette

2 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Private property? It is called camp fire because it started from a downed power ine in a campground. Yes the 6700 buildings that burbed are private. Trump is a moron. Chico which is the town at the bottom of the hill on the pic wgere i live has 90,000 people and thanks to the firefighters who fought all night it was barely saved, well mostly. There are still smaller towns to the east and south burning. Also to the person asking anout mudslides... what!? There has to be water to make mud. Right now there is 150 square miles of charcoal... no mud.

From what I heard the cause hasn't been investigated yet. And why would a downed power line cause a fire of this scope. That's not an unusual occurrence. I feel terrible for you people, but you need to stop blaming everyone else and find out why this happens all the time.

12 hours ago, susieice said:

I said. Some is owned by the Federal Government. That would be your National Parks. There is little BLM land and these fires aren't in a National Park. This is State governed, privately owned land. 

I agree there could be mismanagement of funds. Trump can't handle his mouth, that's for sure.

You are right i dont think people realise its heavily wooded over here the towns are surrounded by federal land. Most of it is national forest and full of trees. Also trump made statements not long ago that pointed out that he is unaware that trees are not planted and farmed as a crop. He obviously doesnt have a clue how life outside the skyscraper works.

• Like 1

Nicolette, I'm sorry but I live in a heavily forested state too. Many of us do. We all have federal land. A downed power line shouldn't burn 1,000's of square miles.

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

From what I heard the cause hasn't been investigated yet. And why would a downed power line cause a fire of this scope. That's not an unusual occurrence. I feel terrible for you people, but you need to stop blaming everyone else and find out why this happens all the time.

I need to stop blaming everything else? Wtf they knew since it started what happened. A power line fell. The litigation has already started as thousands are homeless and beginning to sue pg&e. Its not a mystery the investigation was done as soon as the spot could be reached the next day. What an ignorant statement. I feel terrible for you people too being so ignorant to say something like you people need to find out why rhis happens all the time. What an idiotic statement. Its not rocket science a powere line went down in 70mph winds in a canyon in the forest next to atown that was nestled in the trees. How trashy can you get telling the victims you people should  have thought about it. You dont say that retarded **** when a hurricane hits. "You people shouldnt have lived by the ocean. "  i swear the density of some people.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

No one is saying you shouldn't live there. You have to find out why this happens. Car accidents cause downed power lines and this doesn't happen. Now you can call people what you want, but until something is done, you will keep burning. Use your head. People all over the state are losing homes and their lives and have been for some time.

Edited by susieice

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

No one is saying you shouldn't live there. You have to find out why this happens. Car accidents cause downed power lines and this doesn't happen. Now you can call people what you want, but until something is done, you will keep burning. Use your head.

It happens because fires spread.   Many things can cause a fire to start.   When a wooded area is very dry, fire can spread quickly.   I'm not sure what you are getting at.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Nicolette, I'm sorry but I live in a heavily forested state too. Many of us do. We all have federal land. A downed power line shouldn't burn 1,000's of square miles.

For one its 150 square miles. It was hard to stop moving at speeds of a footballfield a second, it only took on hour from start to completely wipe a town off the map.  It was very early and most people were sleeping. There is a  drought everything is dry and the canyon where it started was experiencing 70 mph winds when the power line went down. The immediate cloud of smoke was solid black... meaning you couldnt even see 20 ft in front of you. The town paradise was completely wooded through no break in the treesfor buildings. It was gone in an hour. The mountains on the side are so steep that they are not accessible hence why the fire is still going up over the hill and burning towns. Now lake oroville is on fire as it is also spreading through the valley. Blaming the victims of the tragedy because you think somebody in the community should have somehow stopped the forest from igniting is like a donald trump level of idiotic misinformed reasoning here. So sad that peoples mentality have stooped this low. Excuse me for not catching the powerline and congrats on your superior forest management!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

It happens because fires spread.   Many things can cause a fire to start.   When a wooded area is very dry, fire can spread quickly.   I'm not sure what you are getting at.  

Have you ever had fires like this? I live in the mountains and I haven't. Power lines come down all the time in snow storms. Even if it's just windy. What makes that state burn so much more than any others? If they don't find out, these fires won't just stop.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, NicoletteS said:

For one its 150 square miles. It was hard to stop moving at speeds of a footballfield a second, it only took on hour from start to completely wipe a town off the map.  It was very early and most people were sleeping. There is a  drought everything is dry and the canyon where it started was experiencing 70 mph winds when the power line went down. The immediate cloud of smoke was solid black... meaning you couldnt even see 20 ft in front of you. The town paradise was completely wooded through no break in the treesfor buildings. It was gone in an hour. The mountains on the side are so steep that they are not accessible hence why the fire is still going up over the hill and burning towns. Now lake oroville is on fire as it is also spreading through the valley. Blaming the victims of the tragedy because you think somebody in the community should have somehow stopped the forest from igniting is like a donald trump level of idiotic misinformed reasoning here. So sad that peoples mentality have stooped this low. Excuse me for not catching the powerline and congrats on your superior forest management!

I live for two years in Laguna Hills. I watched Yorba Linda burn through the valley as I was uphill. That was 11 years ago. No one is blaming victims. But if you don't stop this, you will keep getting fires like this.

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Have you ever had fires like this? I live in the mountains and I haven't. Power lines come down all the time in snow storms. Even if it's just windy. What makes that state burn so much more than any others? If they don't find out, these fires won't just stop.

Are you drinking?    Snow storms?   

IT IS DRY   No other reason.  

Fires start from downed power lines all the time.   It's just usually not in an extremely dry area.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I live for two years in Laguna Hills. I watched Yorba Linda burn through the valley as I was uphill. That was 11 years ago. No one is blaming victims. But if you don't stop this, you will keep getting fires like this.

You want them to hose down every tree each week?

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

You want them to hose down every tree each week?

This will accomplish nothing. They will keep burning until they change what's causing it. Trees aren't a scarcity anywhere except the Mohave, and they have their own type. Life finds a way. 

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

No one is saying you shouldn't live there. You have to find out why this happens. Car accidents cause downed power lines and this doesn't happen. Now you can call people what you want, but until something is done, you will keep burning. Use your head. People all over the state are losing homes and their lives and have been for some time.

I will keep burning until i do something? You do realize the last big fire nextdoor that burned redding was started by a chain dragging on the freeway, and this was started by a power line falling on a severely windy day. So where do you live? Have you eliminated your natural disasters genius? I swear my house was almost ignited and thousands are homeless hundreds missing and all you can say it im not using my head because you bought into trumps remarkably misinformed statement. How pathetic is your mindset. I really dont care if you blame anybody who went through this tragedy for being near it i mean you arent exactly the brightest crayon in the box if you still havent figured out that everyone in california doesnt work in forest management but you can go circulate trump rhetoric to someone else... tryna argue with me about what happened like i didnt watch it personally. For shame.

• Like 2

Just now, NicoletteS said:

I will keep burning until i do something? You do realize the last big fire nextdoor that burned redding was started by a chain dragging on the freeway, and this was started by a power line falling on a severely windy day. So where do you live? Have you eliminated your natural disasters genius? I swear my house was almost ignited and thousands are homeless hundreds missing and all you can say it im not using my head because you bought into trumps remarkably misinformed statement. How pathetic is your mindset. I really dont care if you blame anybody who went through this tragedy for being near it i mean you arent exactly the brightest crayon in the box if you still havent figured out that everyone in california doesnt work in forest management but you can go circulate trump rhetoric to someone else... tryna argue with me about what happened like i didnt watch it personally. For shame.

You're going nowhere Nicolette. Just more victims.

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

Its called a drought genius. So why havent you stopped hurricanes from hitting your state yet? If you dont stop it they might, as you have told me numerous times now. Idiot.

Just now, NicoletteS said:

Its called a drought genius. So why havent you stopped hurricanes from hitting your state yet? If you dont stop it they might, as you have told me numerous times now. Idiot.

I live in Pennsylvania. We don't get a lot of hurricanes.

1 minute ago, susieice said:

You're going nowhere Nicolette. Just more victims.

What a cheery person you are when you drink too much. Well thank you for the condolences i will try to upgrade my forest management skills so i can keep the world safe since i can see it was a very important point for you to spend your morning trying to convey. Man im such a dick for allowing california to burn. All i know is as bad as it is i sure am grateful right now not to live in shithole pennsylvania where i could be harboring a miserable outlook on life and the general population such as yourself. Your right you are really going somewhere with that! Have you ever even been to the mountains? I suggest getting out of the house more. You clearly need quite a bit of self care management yourself. Maybe a mental health evaluation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NicoletteS said:

What a cheery person you are when you drink too much. Well thank you for the condolences i will try to upgrade my forest management skills so i can keep the world safe since i can see it was a very important point for you to spend your morning trying to convey. Man im such a dick for allowing california to burn. All i know is as bad as it is i sure am grateful right now not to live in shithole pennsylvania where i could be harboring a miserable outlook on life and the general population such as yourself. Your right you are really going somewhere with that! Have you ever even been to the mountains? I suggest getting out of the house more. You clearly need quite a bit of self care management yourself. Maybe a mental health evaluation.

I don't drink at all. Just keep doing what you're doing because you are solving nothing.

Im no

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't drink at all. Just keep doing what you're doing because you are solving nothing.

What exactly were you trying to solve? We are all now aware that you believe trump over reality and thats fine for you. Telling me i need to fix the problem over and over is beyond idiotic. You do realise that the whole point of the outrage to the comment is that trump was trying to threaten the state by cutting funding, but the land is federally owned and managed. The point that is appalling to people is that its incredibly tacky to place blame on people for what happened instead of focusing on helping. Are you aware that there are people in california that dont work in federal forest management? Most of us were just focused on trying to get our  kids and pets out alive and help each other because theres hundreds of our friends and family missing or dead and over 10,000 with nothing but themselves left. Yes but you think you are "going somewhere" by trying to convince me that i didnt know what happened and even though you didnt know you know more about how i should personally put a stop to  it because you saw some misinformed bs on the news. Obviously you flat out missed the part about having a conscience and im sorry you lost yours but why dont you find someone else to harrass i heard there was a shooting why dont you go talk to thier families about how they shouldve stopped the bullets or something beanbrain.

• Like 2

I'm not even Republican. Displacing anger isn't going to help you. What happened to the funding? If I was your firemen I'd be all over Sacramento.

17 minutes ago, susieice said:

Im unpacking my suitcase of clothes pet supplies and important papers because it looks like my house isnt burning after all the fire is moving the other direction now toward my moms and i want to have room if she needs to flee this way. Wasnt trying to solve your problems just get life back to normal. Dont really need management suggestions from a living trainwreck. I hope that you can solve your drug problem or whatever got up your ass so early in the morning.

• Like 1

See. I don't have a drug problem. You're just ranting. I understand that you are upset but calling me names won't help you.