Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

My name is whispered

9 posts in this topic

UM-Bot

By: Bobby | Location: Wish not to disclose

This is more or less asking for some opinions onto what it could be. I feel like it's some form of minor sleep paralysis but bare with me. 

Very rarely, shortly after I wake up from a deep sleep and I'm in a place different from my bed (I think it maybe happened in bed like... Once. My memory's a bit dead on that) and I hear a distinct voice says my name or something aimed at me- from what I remember nothing ever hostile. It's usually at a distance but never right in my ear. It's never too loud either, like just a murmur or a soft speaking voice. 

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112177/my-name-is-whispered

EsotericScience

I'm aware of exploding head syndrome but that's supposed to be a loud sudden boom. I'm not sure whether or not people can hear whispers in cases of EHS though.

I've heard my name called out when no one was there quite a number of times but I was wide awake most of the time, only once was I falling asleep when it happened.

Talkofthecentury
On 11/9/2018 at 6:58 AM, UM-Bot said:

By: Bobby | Location: Wish not to disclose

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112177/my-name-is-whispered

On 11/9/2018 at 6:58 AM, UM-Bot said:

This is more or less asking for some opinions onto what it could be. I feel like it's some form of minor sleep paralysis but bare with me. 

Very rarely, shortly after I wake up from a deep sleep and I'm in a place different from my bed (I think it maybe happened in bed like... Once. My memory's a bit dead on that) and I hear a distinct voice says my name or something aimed at me- from what I remember nothing ever hostile. It's usually at a distance but never right in my ear. It's never too loud either, like just a murmur or a soft speaking voice. 

Not sure but this happened to me earlier this year while I was awake

She-ra

It sounds like loving words so nothing to have anxiety about. It would comfort me to think of loved ones trying to get my attention possibly. I would just continue to document. 

• Like 5

Avinash Suresh

You have the skill of clairaudience. It's nothing to fear about. Instead, try to talk to them. They may be your spirit guides. Practice meditation. It is likely that you may be able to hear them more clearly. Listen to them. Ask them who they are. What is their purpose in your life? 

Sometimes, spirit guides have a duty to guide you. They are here to perform their duties.

SmartAZ

That is one symptom of B vitamin deficiency. It's easy enough to test: take a B-50 or B-100 pill. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that makes urine bright yellow. When the color fades it's time for another pill. Study some books about nutrition so you know things like this.

sci-nerd
11 minutes ago, SmartAZ said:

That is one symptom of B vitamin deficiency. It's easy enough to test: take a B-50 or B-100 pill. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that makes urine bright yellow. When the color fades it's time for another pill. Study some books about nutrition so you know things like this.

Please provide reliable sources, when you give specific medical advice! Your words and memory is not something people should test their health with!

• Thanks 1

SmartAZ
9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Please provide reliable sources, when you give specific medical advice! Your words and memory is not something people should test their health with!

Nutrition is not "medical" advice. Doctors have no training in nutrition so everybody needs to learn the subject themselves. 

sci-nerd
On 25.3.2019 at 11:04 AM, SmartAZ said:

Nutrition is not "medical" advice. Doctors have no training in nutrition so everybody needs to learn the subject themselves. 

Too much or too little of a vitamin can affect your heath, so before attempting any major change, always consult your doctor!

Edited by sci-nerd