Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My name is whispered

UM-Bot

By: Bobby | Location: Wish not to disclose

This is more or less asking for some opinions onto what it could be. I feel like it's some form of minor sleep paralysis but bare with me. 

Very rarely, shortly after I wake up from a deep sleep and I'm in a place different from my bed (I think it maybe happened in bed like... Once. My memory's a bit dead on that) and I hear a distinct voice says my name or something aimed at me- from what I remember nothing ever hostile. It's usually at a distance but never right in my ear. It's never too loud either, like just a murmur or a soft speaking voice. 

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112177/my-name-is-whispered

I'm aware of exploding head syndrome but that's supposed to be a loud sudden boom. I'm not sure whether or not people can hear whispers in cases of EHS though.

I've heard my name called out when no one was there quite a number of times but I was wide awake most of the time, only once was I falling asleep when it happened.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 6:58 AM, UM-Bot said:

On 11/9/2018 at 6:58 AM, UM-Bot said:

This is more or less asking for some opinions onto what it could be. I feel like it's some form of minor sleep paralysis but bare with me. 

Very rarely, shortly after I wake up from a deep sleep and I'm in a place different from my bed (I think it maybe happened in bed like... Once. My memory's a bit dead on that) and I hear a distinct voice says my name or something aimed at me- from what I remember nothing ever hostile. It's usually at a distance but never right in my ear. It's never too loud either, like just a murmur or a soft speaking voice. 

Not sure but this happened to me earlier this year while I was awake

It sounds like loving words so nothing to have anxiety about. It would comfort me to think of loved ones trying to get my attention possibly. I would just continue to document. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

You have the skill of clairaudience. It's nothing to fear about. Instead, try to talk to them. They may be your spirit guides. Practice meditation. It is likely that you may be able to hear them more clearly. Listen to them. Ask them who they are. What is their purpose in your life? 

Sometimes, spirit guides have a duty to guide you. They are here to perform their duties.

• Confused 1

• 4 months later...

That is one symptom of B vitamin deficiency. It's easy enough to test: take a B-50 or B-100 pill. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that makes urine bright yellow. When the color fades it's time for another pill. Study some books about nutrition so you know things like this.

11 minutes ago, SmartAZ said:

That is one symptom of B vitamin deficiency. It's easy enough to test: take a B-50 or B-100 pill. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that makes urine bright yellow. When the color fades it's time for another pill. Study some books about nutrition so you know things like this.

Please provide reliable sources, when you give specific medical advice! Your words and memory is not something people should test their health with!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Please provide reliable sources, when you give specific medical advice! Your words and memory is not something people should test their health with!

Nutrition is not "medical" advice. Doctors have no training in nutrition so everybody needs to learn the subject themselves. 

• Thanks 1

On 25.3.2019 at 11:04 AM, SmartAZ said:

Nutrition is not "medical" advice. Doctors have no training in nutrition so everybody needs to learn the subject themselves. 

Too much or too little of a vitamin can affect your heath, so before attempting any major change, always consult your doctor!

Edited by sci-nerd

On 3/26/2019 at 10:03 AM, sci-nerd said:

Too much or too little of a vitamin can affect your heath, so before attempting any major change, always consult your doctor!

A doctor will not give advice outside his training. That is to say he shouldn't. He might give dietary advice. He doesn't know the difference between diet and nutrition.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:03 PM, SmartAZ said:

My reaction was laughter, about the voice calling your name having to do with a vitamin deficiency.   Bright yellow urine does not indicate anything except an overdose of B vitamins or ingestion of some kind of dye.

It is a good thing to know how to check for vitamin deficiency though but has nothing to do with some non-physical calling your name.   Most U.S.  people have dietary deficiencies that make them cranky and unreasonable, hyper and dysfunctional in other ways.  Too much processed food and no home vegetable gardens.

And I agree that very few medical doctors know anything about nutrition and advice on nutrition is not medical advice.

I found some lists and products on the internet if anyone wants to check it out.  Take it all with a grain of salt, if you have ailments you have dietary deficiencies.

Since I can remember I have heard someone call my name seemingly from a distance, and not in my ear, but in a way no one else can hear.  I am not sure why most of the time, but a couple of times it has saved my life as well as the people I was with from horrible car accidents. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, sci-nerd said:

If i don't have a doctor, don't want a doctor, don't trust doctors and/or don't like doctors, would you advise me to research for myself? i think that's what should be done in the first place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anana Ita said:

If i don't have a doctor, don't want a doctor, don't trust doctors and/or don't like doctors, would you advise me to research for myself? i think that's what should be done in the first place. 

Like the Americans jokingly say: It's your funeral.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 7:58 AM, UM-Bot said:

Only once, this happened to an ex-boyfriend when he lived with me. After that he seemed sorta possessed. He drew a knife at me once before i finally dropped contact with him. 

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

Like the Americans jokingly say: It's your funeral.

Is that fearmongering or gaslighting?

1 minute ago, Anana Ita said:

Is that fearmongering or gaslighting?

It means that if you ignore warnings and reject help, you're symbolically digging your own grave.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It means that if you ignore warnings and reject help, you're symbolically digging your own grave.

Well, i didn't say anything about ignoring warnings or rejecting help...

I used to go to doctors when i was forced to by my parents, but some of their warnings have got me researching to find they were wrong too many times to be trusted further.. So they didn't help. They seemed like just a bunch of pill pushers. And once, they gave me stitches when i didn't need stitches... Kinda crazy..

I prefer to help myself and die however nature takes me.

Edited by Anana Ita

1 minute ago, Anana Ita said:

Well, i didn't say anything about ignoring warnings or rejecting help...

I used to go to doctors when i was forced to by my parents, but some of their warnings have got me researching to find they were wrong too many times to be trusted further.. So they didn't help. They seemed like just a bunch of pill pushers. And once, they gave me stitches when i didn't need stitches... Kinda crazy..

Doctors are only humans, and I don't trust them too much either.
But self medication, as was discussed earlier in this thread, is too risky. They do know better, when it comes to that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anana Ita said:

Self-diagnosis is never a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's an opinion.

24 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Doctors are only humans, and I don't trust them too much either.
But self medication, as was discussed earlier in this thread, is too risky. They do know better, when it comes to that.

That's also an opinion. And that's what research is for. You get many opinions and facts instead of just doctors' opinions alone(like those who give you stitches when you don't need them or suggests pills when you don't need them). I'm very sure they know more than me about certain things, but i also know that alot of them i have gone to have withheld information and also didn't know enough about certain things they prescribed me. They screwed with my health for money. 

6 minutes ago, Anana Ita said:

That's also an opinion. And that's what research is for. You get many opinions and facts instead of just doctors' opinions alone(like those who give you stitches when you don't need them or suggests pills when you don't need them). I'm very sure they know more than me about certain things, but i also know that alot of them i have gone to have withheld information and also didn't know enough about certain things they prescribed me. They screwed with my health for money.

Find a better doctor. They are not all the same.

But... like I said before: It's your funeral.

Edited by sci-nerd

Ehh.. Had enough searching for honest doctors. I will look into vitamin deficiencies, though. Thanks for the tip, SmartAZ.

Edited by Anana Ita

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Read a book now and then so you know a few things.

I have been hospitalized several times with a severe belly ache. The doctors didn't have a clue. The last time it got so bad I thought I was going to die screaming. Then it occurred to me that this was a spasm and magnesium cures spasms. So I took a dose of epsom salts and ten minutes later it was the end of the belly ache. That was thirty years ago and I have not had any such problem again because I take epsom salts occasionally. 

The more common symptom of magnesium deficiency is bedwetting. American youngsters are going through an epidemic of bedwetting and anybody who hasn't studied nutrition has no clue about it. Doctors do not study nutrition. Some think they do because they are "registered dietitians". They don't know the difference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SmartAZ said:

Read a book now and then so you know a few things.

I stand by my statement. 

• The topic was locked