Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV show to cover Rendlesham UFO mystery

UM-Bot

Will this be a show that tries to recreate the events or will it just be a dramatization of things that never happened?

The write up sounds to me like the latter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure some creative license will occur either way.

• Like 2

I imagine the movie will be embellished like all other movies. Hollywood is notorious for it.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Will this be a show that tries to recreate the events or will it just be a dramatization of things that never happened?

The write up sounds to me like the latter.

never mind.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

9 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I imagine the movie will be embellished like all other movies. Hollywood is notorious for it.

as in, "follow the $$". Of course.

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

The eight-part series, which will star Laurence Fishburne, will re-enact the events of the famous UFO incident.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/323173/tv-show-to-cover-rendlesham-ufo-mystery

Hey, MOD, the source was BBC but it does not say who is airing it. Any idea?

• Like 1

What would Conrad say now, now that they are making a film about it? 

In response he provided me with a detailed account of what he recalled about the mysterious events in December 1980. Col Conrad’s story puts a completely different perspective on the case and directly challenges the story of his deputy, 

Col Conrad told me he finds it very difficult to comment “given how huge the story has grown from its humble beginnings to the sensation it has now become”

. https://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/secret-files-4/

Will they have Conrads perspective in the film, i hope so. 

Will have to watch it.

• Like 1

Nice. The episodes of Howard Hughes' show on the subject are some of the best radio I've ever heard. I think the idea that the aliens have a Prime Directive --and the only time they've really broken it is because the Cold War was about to go boom-- just endlessly fascinating. Plus, Fishbourne. What an actor.

• Like 1

If you want to talk about the shear number of highly reliable eyewitnesses to a reported UFO event, you'd be hard pressed to top this one.

And I know that some people go by "seeing is believing" and won't believe UFO's exist until they themselves see one. But sometimes you have to have a *little* faith in your fellow man, too. My feeling is, it's the real mean deal. I hope to catch it.

• Like 3

The Rendlesham event has always been a favorite. I will watch this.

Edited by UFOwatcher

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But sometimes you have to have a *little* faith in your fellow man, too.

yeah of course... this case has been around for years. it's a cash cow for those involved.... this thread proves my point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

yeah of course... this case has been around for years. it's a cash cow for those involved.... this thread proves my point

Dejarma, what came first, the chicken or the egg?

You seem to think that because people profit from it, that it's a baseless account..

I see it as the truth is so astounding that ppl jumped in to promulgate the story.

Oh, well.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

I both love and hate this story. The eye witness accounts by reputable people is nearly unparalleled. I have little doubt that something amazing happened that night. 

Where it went off the rails is when that one guy who saw the craft up close, close enough to see symbols on it, then goes on to tell people he believed it was time traveling humans. 

Like where the hell did that come from? How did he reach that conclusion? And talks about it like it’s an absolute fact. 

Makes me think the guy is trying to throw a turd in the punch bowl, to discredit the story. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

I agree. The cash cow gets bigger when plenty of woo of artistic license is used to embellish the story.

Edited by stereologist
used a better word

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I both love and hate this story. The eye witness accounts by reputable people is nearly unparalleled. I have little doubt that something amazing happened that night. 

Where it went off the rails is when that one guy who saw the craft up close, close enough to see symbols on it, then goes on to tell people he believed it was time traveling humans. 

Like where the hell did that come from? How did he reach that conclusion? And talks about it like it’s an absolute fact. 

Makes me think the guy is trying to throw a turd in the punch bowl, to discredit the story. 

Couldn't agree more, my man. No proof of that at all.

I will add however, that once string theory became widely accepted, I changed my view of alleged alien UFO's and took into consideration, it may indeed be humans from the future. Either way, it can't be proven in this case or any other. for now :-)

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Jim Penniston touched the mysterious glyphs on the craft's surface. As soon as he did, he became engulfed in a bright light and lost all sight and sound. When he came to, he found himself standing near the craft. It took off and vanished. The following day he began to see images in his mind of thousands of ones and zeros. He didn't know what they were but wrote them down in his notebook. 

30 years later, in 2010, he was contacted by the producers of a TV series called Ancient Aliens. It was because of this that he revealed the existence of his notebook filled with ones and zeros. It turns out the ones and zeros were binary code - and, with the help of experts, he had it translated:

Exploration of Humanity 666 8100
52.0942532N 13.131269W
Continuous For Planetary ADVAN???
Fourth Coordinate Continuout UQS CbPR BEFORE
16.763177N 89.117768W
34.800272N 111.843567W
29.977836N 31.131649E
14.701505S 75.167043W
36.256845N 117.100632E
37.110195N 25.372281E
Eyes of Your Eyes
Origin 52.0942532N 13.131269W
Origin Year 8100

It consisted of what seemed to be coordinates to locations around the world: Caracol, Belize; Sedona, Arizona; the Great Pyramid of Giza; the Nazca Lines in Peru; Tai Shan Qu, China; the Portara at the Temple of Apollo in Nexos, Greece; and a purported location of the mysterious phantom island Hy-Brasil which, according to legend, lay just west of Ireland.

Edited by Black Monk

The Penniston notebook and its binary code downloaded telepathically seems to be a work of fiction.

http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/pennistonnotebook.htm

The notebook contains descriptions of a landed craft of unknown origin (see below) that Penniston claims to have examined for 45 minutes and even touched, along with sketches of hieroglyphic inscriptions he says were engraved on its side. None of the other witnesses that night claims to have seen any such craft, only lights. Hence this document deserves closer scrutiny than it has hitherto received. The results raise serious doubts about its authenticity.

I am surprised that the notebook does not use zulu time.

Hence, as Penniston’s story has grown, it has become riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions that serve only to cast further doubt on the veracity of his extraordinary claims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Black Monk said:

30 years later, in 2010, he was contacted by the producers of a TV series called Ancient Aliens. It was because of this that he revealed the existence of his notebook filled with ones and zeros. It turns out the ones and zeros were binary code - and, with the help of experts, he had it translated:

You can't really believe anything Ancient Aliens has been involved with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

You can't really believe anything Ancient Aliens has been involved with.

Funny when something shows up for a TV show that could have been revealed a decade earlier.

Gotta keep milking that cash cow for all its worth.

Edited by stereologist
spelling
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 6:01 AM, UFOwatcher said:

The Rendlesham event has always been a favorite. I will watch this.

I totally agree. This is a very intriguing turn of events. Multiple witnesses +Radar evidence+ physical evidence.....

The notebook contains descriptions of a landed craft of unknown origin (see below) that Penniston claims to have examined for 45 minutes and even touched, along with sketches of hieroglyphic inscriptions he says were engraved on its side. None of the other witnesses that night claims to have seen any such craft, only lights. Hence this document deserves closer scrutiny than it has hitherto received. The results raise serious doubts about its authenticity.

So what?

On 11/17/2018 at 7:21 AM, Black Monk said:

So what?

So what?

It seems rather clear to me that Penniston created the notebook after the event to make more money. 

Hence, as Penniston’s story has grown, it has become riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions that serve only to cast further doubt on the veracity of his extraordinary claims.

• Thanks 1