Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost throwing object?

Rachelxtc

Hello. About 2 years ago, I used to work in a retirement home.  The ladies in the kitchen where I worked always told me about this plastic ice scoop that would randomly just pick up and fly across the room. I thought they were just messing with me until I witnessed it myself. I was in the kitchen one day. It was quiet. Just me and one other person who was no where near the oce scoop. All of a sudden, there it went flying across the room. It sat on top of the ice machine which was about 7 feet high.  I was standing right next to it. It flew in a straight line, probably 15 feet across the room and then dropped at a 90 degree angle. Gravity didn't gradually pull it down. It just fell. After that, I saw it happen 3 or 4 more times. I have never been able to stop thinking about this. What are your thoughts? I would love to hear from someone. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hi there and welcome to the forum. 

I would ask a dozen questions about it and try to explain how it was naturally caused if I had not seen similar once myself. I just accept what you say. Here is my story:

It was shift change out at the airport I worked then for the Sheriff Dept., and four of us were talking at the office door as days was about leave and we were taking over for the night shift. Inside the empty office, about 15 feet away was our coffee pot. Had one of those big cans of ground coffee, what are they now? 3 Lbs? 

Anyway, we were talking and suddenly that can went airborne at us with real force, as if it had been kicked or the like from that table and hit the ground after flying about 8 feet or so and rolled from the force. We turned when we heard the bang as it was hit to make it fly at us (I guess? There was a bang of contact anyway).

Days left and I set it back on the table and partner and I walked out to walk our first round, and nobody commented. What the heck do you even say? 

Some things are just out there and I don't care what anybody says, it happened, was no prank and I dunno know how.

• Like 1

Not A Rockstar, thanks for the reply! Our stories sound pretty similar. Sounds like something threw that at you. How could that have happened naturally? I feel just like you do though. Not a prank. It happened. I wish I had more to tell. But that was it. Never saw anything other than that. Other employees talked about seeing things fly down the hallway at night time though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rachelxtc said:

What are your thoughts? 

Wow, I have never seen anything so dramatic myself but I have heard enough serious reports by normal people to give your story very serious consideration. 

My thought is the spiritual world can be responsible for such things as you claim to have  experienced. Join the thousands of other experiencers. I believe the paranormal exists based on the quantity, quality and consistency of claimants. 

• Haha 1

My ex hated her neglectful mother,once when they were arguing a knife flew through the air and into the wall next to the mothers head,no one threw it.It didn't surprise anyone, the place was a total madhouse of hate and negativity.

11 hours ago, Rachelxtc said:

Hello. About 2 years ago, I used to work in a retirement home.  The ladies in the kitchen where I worked always told me about this plastic ice scoop that would randomly just pick up and fly across the room. I thought they were just messing with me until I witnessed it myself. I was in the kitchen one day. It was quiet. Just me and one other person who was no where near the oce scoop. All of a sudden, there it went flying across the room. It sat on top of the ice machine which was about 7 feet high.  I was standing right next to it. It flew in a straight line, probably 15 feet across the room and then dropped at a 90 degree angle. Gravity didn't gradually pull it down. It just fell. After that, I saw it happen 3 or 4 more times. I have never been able to stop thinking about this. What are your thoughts? I would love to hear from someone. Thank you. 

just curious if the last three letters of your name have anything to do with it at all.

Seriously, someone is jerking your chain.  Objects are not 'thrown' by ghosts...primarily because 'ghosts' do not actually exist.  The laws of physics however do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, joc said:

just curious if the last three letters of your name have anything to do with it at all.

Seriously, someone is jerking your chain.  Objects are not 'thrown' by ghosts...primarily because 'ghosts' do not actually exist.  The laws of physics however do.

In a world were cellphones are in almost everyone's hand. None of them ever seem to capture something paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah if the scoop keeps happening you should try to film it.if you're there all the time then it would be hard thought.

1 hour ago, joc said:

XTC is a band.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Seriously, someone is jerking your chain.  

But, but, but she was a direct observer of this

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rachelxtc said:

XTC is a band.. 

oH YEAH! I actually remember them and like this song:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But, but, but she was a direct observer of this

Ya...vee know....

But...what Rachel cannot see...because it is 7 feet high....the catapult remotely triggered via cellphone.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Ya...vee know....

But...what Rachel cannot see...because it is 7 feet high....the catapult remotely triggered via cellphone.

OP quote:

It flew in a straight line, probably 15 feet across the room and then dropped at a 90 degree angle. Gravity didn't gradually pull it down.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

OP quote:

It flew in a straight line, probably 15 feet across the room and then dropped at a 90 degree angle. Gravity didn't gradually pull it down.

ya...again...vee know...

If she actually saw that...it didn't float across a straight line...it 'flew' as she says...and fifteen feet..that means she saw it for about 1/2 a second.  Memory is  funny thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joc said:

ya...again...vee know...

If she actually saw that...it didn't float across a straight line...it 'flew' as she says...and fifteen feet..that means she saw it for about 1/2 a second.  Memory is  funny thing.

And you can not trust it either. Because every single time you remember something you edit that memory. Adding new details. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

ya...again...vee know...

vee know......but I also consider that multiple people claimed unnatural movement of the ice scooper. That matters to me in my consideration.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

vee know......but I also consider that multiple people claimed unnatural movement of the ice scooper. That matters to me in my consideration.

So.....whut?

Here is the scenario...Bob and Ralph set this whole thing up.  They thought they would mess with some people...every now and then...they 'throw' the ice cream scooper via some triggered catapult device they came up with.

That is a much more believable scenario that ....a ghost threw an ice cream scooper? Why would a ghost do that?  Was he or she a former disgruntled employee...or was the ghost someone who was murdered with an ice cream scooper?

Someone is jerking someone's's chains....lol.

Either that or Rachel made the whole thing up.  I'm guessing she didn't though.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And you can not trust it either. Because every single time you remember something you edit that memory. Adding new details. 

And what you remember that doesn't make any sense...your mind will create 'memory' to fill in the blanks.

...and gravity doesn't 'gradually' pull anything down.  Drop a quarter from  7 feet...throw it in a curve that reaches 7 feet...it comes down just as fast.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, joc said:

So.....whut?

Here is the scenario...Bob and Ralph set this whole thing up.  They thought they would mess with some people...every now and then...they 'throw' the ice cream scooper via some triggered catapult device they came up with.

That is a much more believable scenario that ....a ghost threw an ice cream scooper? Why would a ghost do that?  Was he or she a former disgruntled employee...or was the ghost someone who was murdered with an ice cream scooper?

Someone is jerking someone's's chains....lol.

Either that or Rachel made the whole thing up.  I'm guessing she didn't though.

I think we should analyze this more simply.

First question: Did people see unnatural activity of the ice scooper or is it all hoax/viewer error. etc.. (My judgment based on everything I know about this story, people and the universe, it does seem more likely than not to me that unnatural activity has been observed)

And then the next question would be: if it moved unnaturally what are some theories on how that could happen. A ghost thrower would be one theory. Ghost motive would require further theories under that.

I'm trying to be serious here.

In some weird way  i do belive that such things can actually happen... if i was to become a ghost damn i would have fun :-D

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think we should analyze this more simply.

First question: Did people see unnatural activity of the ice scooper or is it all hoax/viewer error. etc.. (My judgment based on everything I know about this story, people and the universe, it does seem more likely than not to me that unnatural activity has been observed)

And then the next question would be: if it moved unnaturally what are some theories on how that could happen. A ghost thrower would be one theory. Ghost motive would require further theories under that.

I'm trying to be serious here.

So am I...but I view such things thru the prism of the laws of physics.

55 minutes ago, joc said:

So am I...but I view such things thru the prism of the laws of physics.

When we know everything about the operation of the universe then that will work. At this point observation can still precede understanding.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

When we know everything about the operation of the universe then that will work. At this point observation can still precede understanding.

We will never know everything about how the universe consisting of trillions of galaxies works...but we do know this:

It all works according to the laws of physics. 

1 minute ago, joc said:

We will never know everything about how the universe consisting of trillions of galaxies works...but we do know this:

It all works according to the laws of physics. 

My point was that we don't know all of physics.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My point was that we don't know all of physics.

My point is we know enough.

B)