Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump cancels WWI Remembrance due to rain

Eldorado

Its just Sparky being sparky ... time for the obvious tune for the occasion ...

~

~

• Haha 3

I think he might have been unwell but didn't want to appear weak to other international leaders.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because unless the multiple draft-dodger thought there might have been a chance of seeing any action, even he's not enough of a bag of dicks as to miss this due to rain.

The optics are still terrible though. Like, really bad.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

I think he might have been unwell but didn't want to appear weak to other international leaders.

I think you are right, I had a quick look through the press images from his visit in France. He certainly looked very uncomfortable (I initially put that down to a little huff at Macron) but looking again - it could be that he is unwell.

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

I think you are right, I had a quick look through the press images from his visit in France. He certainly looked very uncomfortable (I initially put that down to a little huff at Macron) but looking again - it could be that he is unwell.

Nervous. He has to meet Putin again. Which means he'll be ridiculed for being Reek again, since he certainly won't dare wrestling Putin and he hasn't heard yet that you can have both the spine and decency at the same time. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because unless the multiple draft-dodger thought there might have been a chance of seeing any action, even he's not enough of a bag of dicks as to miss this due to rain.

Yes he is. He doesn't respect or care about veterans in any meaningful way.

He may claim to respect the military, but that respect does not appear to extend to those members who have been captured or killed.

• Like 4

I can't accept that they didn't have a Plan 'B' for getting him there if something went wrong with the helicopter. This won't be forgotten, nationally or internationally.

edit to say: this is a once in a lifetime event for him ..... godsdammit! he is privileged to be in a position to make that visit representing his country. Shame on him! Even if he feels nothing for his country's fallen, doesn't he realise(did nobody explain to him?), that he should be representing his fellow countrymen? Unwell? By golly! most men in his position would have to be half dead before they said they couldn't go!

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Who changed the title of this thread?  Why?

Perhaps just to make it clear which President was being referred to

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Contingency plans were always made by previous administrations. which leaves 3 options

3.The greatest superpower on the planet gets conquered by a little rain in November.

Which doesn't bode well for the march on Moscow does it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You are the one acting like you can believe that obvious excuse is the actual real reason for disrespecting the fallen in WWI and you call me silly? 

The only worse excuse would be 'Donald can't come, dog ate his wreath.' And he has no dog, of course. 

He couldn't get there. You know that for a fact. It even says in the opening post. You're just using this as an excuse to attack Trump. If it were the saintly Obama you'd be saying: "Bit of a shame that bad weather meant Mr Obama couldn't make it." But because it's Trump - only the third US President to increase his numbers in the Senate in the last 100 years, don't forget - you just whinge and attack him over something that isn't his fault - the weather.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Even if he feels nothing for his country's fallen, doesn't he realise (did nobody explain to him?), that he should be representing his fellow countrymen?

I don't think anyone can explain anything to this egomaniac.

• Sad 1

I had to drive through a 1/2" clearance of parked cars to get to the service at Tetbury. I'm going to learn how to say 'SEMPER FI' backwards so I can shout it at the TV next time Trump is on.

23 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

He couldn't get there. You know that for a fact. It even says in the opening post. You're just using this as an excuse to attack Trump. If it were the saintly Obama you'd be saying: "Bit of a shame that bad weather meant Mr Obama couldn't make it." But because it's Trump - only the third US President to increase his numbers in the Senate in the last 100 years, don't forget - you just whinge and attack him over something that isn't his fault - the weather.

I realise your reply was to another member, but I will mention that if our Prime Minister (Trudeau) missed a ceremony due to a drizzle, he would be excoriated. Our soldiers fought and died in the rain, and in conditions far worse than that. To miss a ceremony in their honour because of it is an unforgivable insult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I realise your reply was to another member, but I will mention that if our Prime Minister (Trudeau) missed a ceremony due to a drizzle, he would be excoriated. Our soldiers fought and died in the rain, and in conditions far worse than that. To miss a ceremony in their honour because of it is an unforgivable insult.

Exactly. 

Crawling on all four, if necessary. 

(We have a politician over here in my country, who is mostly made of faults, but when completely frozen ground prevented anyone from coming close to the monument to lay wreaths, he literally crawled over ice, with wreath, and paid his respect. So I respect him for that act alone, no matter what I think of the rest of his actions.)  

• Like 3

How convenient to ignore the ceremony he did attend to honor the fallen and what he said. What did your precious Merkel and Macron have to say? They used it as vehicle of political animosity to attack him and is policies, these two failed leaders soon to be retired to the pages of history. What despicable, disgusting people, to mar such a solemn occasion with sanctimonious speeches, misguided prejudices and political angst.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-speaking-at-armistice-day-event-outside-paris-honors-fallen-soldiers/ar-BBPzLrX?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnbcrd

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 3

Trump is a Narcissist. He does not care about anyone but himself. 

Yesterday’s rain stunt was done for a reason. Narcissists always have a plan. He didn’t go yesterday because he didn’t want to share the limelight. Trump went to the cemetery today, all alone. He did this to show the world “Who’s boss.” 

I believe Narcasists can not love anyone but themselves, period. They may care for someone in a selfish way, but love is not doable.

Trump is a dangerous man. Reason One - Because he’s ill equipped to be POTUS in every way imaginable. He’s nothing more than a pathetic conman who loves dictators and only himself. He doesn’t care one iota about Americans.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I honestly wouldn't of even known about this event if it wasn't for the contraversy.....

I wounder how many more are in my shoes.

Edited by spartan max2

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What did your precious Merkel and Macron have to say?

That their hairdos are waterproof? Or that their looks are not more important than the memory of the fallen? That we should honour the fallen by not repeating the mistakes of the past? Mistakes embodied at the moment in Trump, who wants to dismantle NATO. 

So it's time EU has own armed forces. Thanks to Trump and his insight. Putin will crucify him for that :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the questions are: 

• can hair be subject to water solubility?
  • if yes, is the level of solubility dependent on its producers IQ
Edited by toast
  • Haha 3

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

That their hairdos are waterproof? Or that their looks are not more important than the memory of the fallen? That we should honour the fallen by not repeating the mistakes of the past? Mistakes embodied at the moment in Trump, who wants to dismantle NATO. 

So it's time EU has own armed forces. Thanks to Trump and his insight. Putin will crucify him for that :lol:  

Have it's own forces? Who'll pay for that, when they're unwilling to properly fund their own national armies? How does demanding increased funding for NATO translate to dismantling NATO? Eastern Europe has no illusions in regard to their resolve for collective defense. What they see is a Franco-German Hegemony masquerading as a European Union. Tiny countries on the periphery of both cling to it's coattails under the illusion of safety, imagining the French and the  Germans would actually be willing to spend their own blood in their defense. Instead, they'd throw you to the dogs to buy "Peace in Our Time". Eastern Europe knows who it's true friends are.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

How convenient to ignore the ceremony he did attend to honor the fallen and what he said. What did your precious Merkel and Macron have to say? They used it as vehicle of political animosity to attack him and is policies, these two failed leaders soon to be retired to the pages of history. What despicable, disgusting people, to mar such a solemn occasion with sanctimonious speeches, misguided prejudices and political angst.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-speaking-at-armistice-day-event-outside-paris-honors-fallen-soldiers/ar-BBPzLrX?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnbcrd

I was just reading about that.... 

Trump Derangement Syndrome is getting way way out of control :(

Trump is known for being very supportive of the Military, soldiers and veterans -
there would have been a good reason why he didn't attend the Saturday remembrance ceremony...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Have it's own forces? Who'll pay for that, when they're unwilling to properly fund their own national armies? How does demanding increased funding for NATO translate to dismantling NATO? Eastern Europe has no illusions in regard to their resolve for collective defense. What they see is a Franco-German Hegemony masquerading as a European Union. Tiny countries on the periphery of both cling to it's coattails under the illusion of safety, imagining the French and the  Germans would actually be willing to spend their own blood in their defense. Instead, they'd throw you to the dogs to buy "Peace in Our Time". Eastern Europe knows who it's true friends are.

Yup. Not just friends, we're family. And family members sometimes do sacrifice for each other.

In sincere hope I won't have to demonstrate that, go in peace and don't bother me with retarded conspiracies anymore.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

I was just reading about that.... 

Trump Derangement Syndrome is getting way way out of control :(

Trump is known for being very supportive of the Military, soldiers and veterans -
there would have been a good reason why he didn't attend the Saturday remembrance ceremony...

Today is veterans day, not yesterday. Screw what the Iibtard TDS world thinks.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Using the Fallen to have a Trump Bashing Fest................. is actually very disrespectful to those
who died -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

How do you figure that a recent election result in the US is in any way related to a memorial ceremony for US troops that died for their country 100 years ago ?

Do you remember to honour Franklin D. Roosevelt for increasing the number of democratic senators by 9, three times as many as Trump ?

In the last 100 years Roosevelt, George W. Bush, Nixon, Kennedy and now Trump all won senate seat in their tenure as presidents. Unless I'm much mistaken that makes 5 presidents. You are only right if you don't count democrats as presidents !

Anyway this isn't really a Trump bashing for me, I just value that we use true information in our arguments.

MW-GY011_midter_20181107103102_NS.jpg?uuid=22366c80-e2a2-11e8-a8cf-ac162d7bc1f7

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

26 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yup. Not just friends, we're family. And family members sometimes do sacrifice for each other.

In sincere hope I won't have to demonstrate that, go in peace and don't bother me with retarded conspiracies anymore.  

If you promise to do the same. Otherwise, you'll get as good as you give. If the bad times come and you see who comes to your aid, we'll chat gain.

• Thanks 1