Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP in my home

ashencrumbs

1st: Link don't work

2nd: EVP is soooooo easy to fake, that it's practically useless as evidence of anything but creativity.

• Like 1

I suppose faking EVP is easy enough. But why? I do have the entire 15 minute audio file if you would like to go through it yourself.

Edited by ashencrumbs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

I suppose faking EVP is easy enough. But why? I do have the entire 15 minute audio file if you would like to go through it yourself.

I am not a hardcore sceptic in the matter, but if there is anything real about it, I know it has nothing to do with spirits, demons or other fluffy things. It's just data. Information.

I mean.... if you don't see it with your own eye or hear with your own ears, what's the point of this forum at all? I suppose we have to have a little faith that the are people out there That are genuinely interested in this field and do their best to shed some light on EVP.

Edited by ashencrumbs
  • Like 1

Evp's can easily created auditory pareidolia. Plus in the video you have told people what to hear. After the first one that you did that with, I switched back to the forum while still listening. Got to be honest all I here is just noise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ashencrumbs said:

I mean.... if you don't see it with your own eye or hear with your own ears, what's the point of this forum at all? I suppose we have to have a little faith that the are people out there That are genuinely interested in this field and do their best to shed some light on EVP.

You answered yourself. There are a lot of people here with different viewpoints and experiences with such things. You should expect skeptics to question you. Unless you want an echo chamber. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

what's the point of this forum at all?

To solve mysteries.

If something survives our scrutiny, maybe there's some truth innit!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

I don't have a problem with anyone questioning me. It's the reason I post these so I can get some feedback. 

I doubt anyone here can validate a digital recording. That is what you will need, if you want to present digital evidence.
But...! EVP's are tricky to validate, because they are so easy to fake.

2 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

I agree with you. All I can do it present what I recorded.

Our in house spiritualists will serve you soon, I assume! ;)

Do you have any video of supposed paranormal activity? And I do wish to warn you that what I ask is not meant to be considered criticism.

No. I set up a recording device in my dining room. No video.

Okay cool. First I want to say that it's nice to have someone actually discuss this with us. A much needed change of pace. So why do you think the recordings capture ghost? 

Well, I assume they are the voices of ghost. I would hate to think that they may be something more dreadful. I see your point that some of the EVP are hard to make out. But some are very clear. I have other post that there are no mistaking what is being said. But, as I said, my assumption is that they are spirits of dead people.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

Well, I assume they are the voices of ghost. I would hate to think that they may be something more dreadful. I see your point that some of the EVP are hard to make out. But some are very clear. I have other post that there are no mistaking what is being said. But, as I said, my assumption is that they are spirits of dead people.

I get that. Personally I think they're just auditory pareidolia. Meaning that our brains like to make sense out of nonsense. Like hearing someone speak when the wind blows or voices in the white noise of a fan. The brain is a pattern machine. Couple this with subconscious expectation and you may here whatever you expect to hear. That's my two cents. 

Do you do this out of curiosity or seriousness?

That probable. I know I've listened to EVP with other and we all hear something different. We hear a voice. We just can agree that it's saying the same thing. Vocals coming across a "dimensional barrier" are sure to be distorted. 

7 minutes ago, ashencrumbs said:

So why are you communicating with something you can't identify?

Any "Earthbound" will lie to you', any "Thought Form" will pull from your head and empowering a "attachment" is really bad for physical and mental health. :yes:

• Like 1

Vocals coming across a "dimensional barrier" are sure to be distorted. 

There is no "dimensional barrier" just a unseen energy that pervades the universe.

That probable. I know I've listened to EVP with other and we all hear something different. We hear a voice. We just can agree that it's saying the same thing. Vocals coming across a "dimensional barrier" are sure to be distorted. 

Piney brother hold me back man. Hold me back. I'm trying my best.

Okay with that out of the way. What do you mean by dimensional barrier.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Okay with that out of the way. What do you mean by dimensional barrier.

I just answered that for him...

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I just answered that for him...

I'm being friendly.

I just wanted to know his perspective on what a dimensional barrier is. My view on this is the divide between the material (objective reality) and the immaterial (subjective reality). We overlay our subjective wishes upon the material observation of reality and blur the line between what is and what isn't. Tricky stuff.

For the lack of a better term..... I'd assume ghost exist in a realm that is separate from our own. It certainly over laps to the point that we are observable to them and, infrequently, them to us. Or they can just exist just outside of ability to perceive them. 

Edited by ashencrumbs