Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thank You

Jenn8779

I wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum and those that were less than warm. The negativity has taught me a lot. This has been my first experience with social Media and I now believe my last. I think my skin is just not tough enough and that is my failing for which I apologise.

I wish everyone the best. Thank you.

• Sad 7

40 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

I wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum and those that were less than warm. The negativity has taught me a lot. This has been my first experience with social Media and I now believe my last. I think my skin is just not tough enough and that is my failing for which I apologise.

But why? The forum has an ignore function to mute those who you deem less desirable to converse with.

Even if that includes me. I'd put me on ignore. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

This is pretty much my first experience too, and I also left for a few days because of some members' vitriol and hostility. I returned after a few days for two reasons: (1) the efforts of Admin and the Moderating team to keep the unpleasantness down to a minimum, and (2) the many people here who are really quite lovely and kind. You're such a person, and I really do hope you have a change of heart and decide to stay.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Life is not about being right or winning the discussion. It's about learning. And you learn when you discuss. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you always learn.

We did not mean to make you sad. We are just real people with our own opinions. Sometimes they will conflict with yours. It's inevitable. But don't leave because of that. Stay and get some victories! Like we did! I think you will like it here, once you get to know us!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jenn8779 said:

I'm sorry all. This is just really my issues. I'm nursing a sick cat I'm most likely going to lose sometime tonight. I've had her since she was 2 weeks old. I can't have children so my animals are the closest I'll ever get. Reading somethings where people so obviously don't care about animals has just really set me off. I'm just truly heartbroken. I'm so sorry... nothing directed at anyone.... just a broken heart

I'll tell you flat out. We are here for you if you need us. And I am sorry about the kitty.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

I'm sorry all. This is just really my issues. I'm nursing a sick cat I'm most likely going to lose sometime tonight. I've had her since she was 2 weeks old. I can't have children so my animals are the closest I'll ever get. Reading somethings where people so obviously don't care about animals has just really set me off. I'm just truly heartbroken. I'm so sorry... nothing directed at anyone.... just a broken heart

I feel partly responsible by making pets seem like prisoners in another thread. Sorry!

But I did finally mention that some animals benefit from us, cats especially!

So, in my cynical honest opinion, your cat was better off with you, than without you! You gave it a better life!

• Like 3

Thank you all. Again I think it's just me being so emotional over the past couple of days because I fight for what I love and what means the most to me. I can't fight this and it's making me overly sensitive and p***ed off. There is nothing I wouldn't do for those I love

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

Thank you all. Again I think it's just me being so emotional over the past couple of days because I fight for what I love and what means the most to me. I can't fight this and it's making me overly sensitive and p***ed off. There is nothing I wouldn't do for those I love

Take a break, take your time, and when/if you feel like coming back we'll be here.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

Of course you can fight it Jenn. Take a few days, regroup, and come back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jenn.... sending you the biggest hug I can manage.

gonna pm my personal email to you also. 

hugz.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

Oh Jenn, I am so sorry. I missed this post earlier. I totally understand what you are going through. It's the worst possible heartbreak and I truly hope it's something you don't experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Like 2

Jenn, I hope when the crisis has passed you will reconsider the site.  All of us here have our cutting, unkind moments and yes, some have more than others but on the whole, there is no better-moderated site on the web.  Best wishes for your cat.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

Come back when you can, Jenn.

• Like 3

From what I've seen of you Jenn, you're willing and eager to learn. I hope everything turns out all right and you continue on this forum.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

There are many animal lovers in here,  you are not alone. Many of us too have had the heartache of losing a pet. 

I have in the past, but i have 2 dogs now and i know one day they will leave me. What we animal lovers are good at is giving love to other animals. 

So sorry about your sick cat, but i have no doubts what so ever you have given that cat all the love it needs, one day in the future you can and should do the same for another animal which needs loving. 

Do not leave us (trust me those who are not animal lovers get it from us who are ;))

We need people like you, stay with us. 

Hold onto the love you give to your cat, one day another  little animal could need that loving too and who better to give it to them,  you. It may take  years, you would never replace a pet, you would be helping another one.

My dogs know how much they are loved and my past dog would be so proud of me and happy for them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

People often only understand things from their own level of perception.

So, don't let their negativity get to you!

You should also study psychological projection!

Anyway, I love this forum because most of the time people are mature enough to agree to disagree.

If people abuse you for no reason at all then it isn't about you, it's about them and their own ignorance.

I don't know what happened to you, but if you are losing a cat, then you need to stay away from negative people!

This forum is full of people who love animals, so keep your focus on them!

Oh, and one last thing... don't blame yourself just because you are sensitive...... it's beautiful to have a life full of colors!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

But why? The forum has an ignore function to mute those who you deem less desirable to converse with.

Damn.... I didn't realise I could ignore you, where is that button lol...

Seriously @Jenn8779 I recently came back after a couple of years of being absent, reconsider, UM needs more members like you, especially those that can identify with nature, I enjoy reading your posts and your input, there are many TOXIC members on here just looking for a reaction, negative and angry.. ignore them, block them if you let them bully you off then this forum will crumble... I know immediately when I see some members names on a thread that their post is going to be negative before I even open the thread.

We need more people like you or many of us will end up following you through the exit door. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Really?  I seriously didn't know that...lol...I always thought when people said they were putting me on ignore, that meant they were just ignoring me.  Oh well, I don't really need the ignore function...I'm good at ignoring people...I think it is more of a psychological punch in the face if they taunt me and they know I am ignoring them to their face!   

But yeah....for Beatles Sake!!  It's a forum.  If you can't take people anonymously, how do you expect to deal with the real world in person?  Buck up Baby!

• Like 1