Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Law Of Attraction

brutalpanda

Do you guys believe in the Law of Attraction? Has it ever worked for you? What are your thoughts about it? I personally absolutely love the idea, so if you have real-life stories of it working please share them. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Do you guys believe in the Law of Attraction? Has it ever worked for you? What are your thoughts about it? I personally absolutely love the idea, so if you have real-life stories of it working please share them. 

I always get the  preferred parking spot.  It can be the weekend before Christmas  at the mall.  I will get the preferred parking spot...you know, the spot closest to the door...or reasonably so.  No matter where I go, I get the preferred parking spot.

It is along the lines of the Law of Attraction.  The reason I get that parking spot is because...I believe it is mine!  I drive into the parking lot thinking...I am going to get the preferred spot!  The truth is...most people drive around aimlessly looking for an empty spot.  I am only looking for one spot...the preferred spot.  So, I usually 'see' people walking and I'm thinking...that's the one who took my spot...I am looking for it, and so, I am attracted to it.  I am focused on it.  We usually get that which we focus on.

And I drive s l o w l y ...looking for it.  It is amazing how many times someone is just about to pull out of that spot...and the only reason I am there to take it is because I was looking for it to begin with...not looking for a spot..looking for That Spot!

It's one example.  But it all works the same way.  Desire is the starting point for all achievement.  By focusing on our desire, we can turn a mediocre desire into a burning white hot desire.  

So...What the Law of Attraction really says is...Focus on that which you desire and you shall have it.  The greater the focus, the greater the achievement.  

D  E  S  I  R  E  the starting point of all achievement!    F  O  C  U  S  the catalyst for increasing desire.  

Whatever you want...focus on it.  That is the key in a nutshell to the Law of Attraction.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Find a load of pictures which represent what you want in life - sports car, big house, pretty wife/husband, riches, holidays, fun, etc. Stick them around your monitor. Dont think about wanting them, pretend and believe you already have them. And do this exercise repeatedly.

The law of attraction works by programming the subconscious to notice subtle environmental cue's that correspond to that which you desire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks like I wasn't clear. I do have a very detailed understanding of how it works and what it is. I just want to know people's thoughts about it and if they've experienced it. 

7 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Looks like I wasn't clear. I do have a very detailed understanding of how it works and what it is. I just want to know people's thoughts about it and if they've experienced it. 

I experience it daily brutalpanda.  As you apparently already know, and as Xeno said...nothing magical about it.  Or is there?  Not magical as in the Magic of Woo...but it is a wonderment of sorts.

I find it hard to just describe the attributes to my life from a particular way of thinking...I think that is what you want though.  I remember thinking when I first moved to Dallas...all I had was my car...I didn't have a key to a place to stay.  And I would see these apartments facing the freeway.  And I remember thinking, That's what I want...I'd be happy with an apartment facing the freeway.  I never got an apartment facing the freeway, but I did wind up in the apartment that had the best view of the pool!  And then I would see these gorgeous brick homes in the Burbs...and I thought...that's what I want...a nice brick house.  But then I would tell people...look at all these houses...they are literally 8-12 feet away from each other.  And I would say, Take anyone of these houses...just pick one...put it on an acre of land...that's what I want!  But when I actually saw what an acre looked like...it wasn't enough.  I thought two acres would really be nice.  

Now, I live in a nice brick home on 4 acres out in the country and I got pretty much what I wanted.  I could do without the gravel roads...but they'll probably get paved one day now that the county is growing.

I find it much easier to explain how it all works mentally speaking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Have a look at fractal images where a pattern arising in one place repeats throughout the whole of the data used to construct the picture. It means patterns arising in one place arise across the rest of reality too. Fractals are in Chaos Theory a lot of which comes from Chaos Magic. It is basically a means of influencing what comes out of the parts of the universe you arent aware of (the future, the past, the present area outside your field of conscious awareness).

Basically you want to set a pattern of thinking in your head and in how you go about living your life. That means instead of wishing to be rich, think and act is if you already are. `Wishing` is a lack of something so you get back that lack of something.

Approach - lets pretend you are casting for a role in a film and therefore for a few weeks before filming starts you adopt the approach called Method Acting to get used to your character. Do that. Create the character you wish to become and then spend your life living that character as if it already was real. Convince yourself in your head its real. 

If your life isn't going your way then change your mind! Set a new pattern of thinking and behaving.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I always get the  preferred parking spot.  It can be the weekend before Christmas  at the mall.  I will get the preferred parking spot...you know, the spot closest to the door...or reasonably so.  No matter where I go, I get the preferred parking spot.

It is along the lines of the Law of Attraction.  The reason I get that parking spot is because...I believe it is mine!  I drive into the parking lot thinking...I am going to get the preferred spot!  The truth is...most people drive around aimlessly looking for an empty spot.  I am only looking for one spot...the preferred spot.  So, I usually 'see' people walking and I'm thinking...that's the one who took my spot...I am looking for it, and so, I am attracted to it.  I am focused on it.  We usually get that which we focus on.

And I drive s l o w l y ...looking for it.  It is amazing how many times someone is just about to pull out of that spot...and the only reason I am there to take it is because I was looking for it to begin with...not looking for a spot..looking for That Spot!

It's one example.  But it all works the same way.  Desire is the starting point for all achievement.  By focusing on our desire, we can turn a mediocre desire into a burning white hot desire.  

So...What the Law of Attraction really says is...Focus on that which you desire and you shall have it.  The greater the focus, the greater the achievement.  

D  E  S  I  R  E  the starting point of all achievement!    F  O  C  U  S  the catalyst for increasing desire.  

Whatever you want...focus on it.  That is the key in a nutshell to the Law of Attraction.  

Well said

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brutalpanda said:

I don’t remember writing or not, but one guy was engaged in martial arts and in training he concentrated on the second chakra trying to activate it and felt it swaying and warming up at the bottom of the body like a big ball.The result of this activation was cases of harassment of women on the street of different ages, even by pensioners, although he did not specifically activate it for this, it is rather a side effect of this sexual chakra. This chakra has such a power of attraction to people.

Yes ... having such abilities one can activate other chakras that can lead to realizing oneself eternal and infinite, connecting with the consciousness of the planet or the formless consciousness of the universe.

• Confused 2

Focus on what you want and you get it - seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't be focused on it in the first place.

It's nothing but a self-fufilling prophecy.

Edited by moonman

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, moonman said:

Focus on what you want and you get it - seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't be focused on it in the first place.

It's nothing but a self-fufilling prophecy.

You have misunderstood that outside reality mirrors your thoughts.

So lets examine the process of focusing on what you want. Wanting something means you lack it but would like to have it. So the reality you get back is one where you lack it but would like to get it. Get it?

You dont focus on wanting, you adopt method acting where you already have.

12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have misunderstood that outside reality mirrors your thoughts.

So lets examine the process of focusing on what you want. Wanting something means you lack it but would like to have it. So the reality you get back is one where you lack it but would like to get it. Get it?

You dont focus on wanting, you adopt method acting where you already have.

It's called self fulfilling actions. L.O.A. is driven by it and confirmation bias. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 12:03 AM, brutalpanda said:

Probably needs to be explained better to people in places like South Sudan, North Korea, Yemen and Syria...

IOW, no I don't believe it's real, except for its ability to fill the pockets of its purveyors with a lot of money.

Lets give a different take on it which is compatible with religion:

God created the universe with us in it to satisfy his need for pleasure. Our role is to enjoy the whole of his creation. We are supposed to find the pleasure in every situation and enjoy it for the sole reason of giving God pleasure. We need to be mindful of doing this just to pleasure God.

When our focus is on enjoying everything just to give God pleasure then we find rather creepily that reality becomes focused on giving us enjoyable situations just to provide us with pleasure. An affect is obvious but not total. This is because enjoyment and pleasure are not the sole two things structuring reality.

To produce an even bigger effect we need to show:

1. Compassion towards others. This means not treating people who are mean to you poorly back. Not experiencing anger or resentment towards them. Instead accepting they have issues, keep your distance, and move on.

2. Forgiveness. This means those which change you allow back into your life but only if they really have changed.

3. Wisdom of good and evil: Seek to understand in all situations involving people in life what is good and what is evil.

You get back a reality focused on providing you with pleasure. One where people focus on treating you correctly and where people focus on forgiving you for your own past transgressions. One where people are focused on understanding what is good and evil so they are good to you.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

I have a friend who is a strong believer in the law of attraction and he was explaining his take on it to me a few days ago.  I'm not sure I believe the theory but I do believe very strongly in the power of positive thinking in general.  There have been numerous scientific experiments over the years that have concluded that people who maintain a positive attitude and outlook tend to be healthier and happier.   

5 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

I have a friend who is a strong believer in the law of attraction and he was explaining his take on it to me a few days ago.  I'm not sure I believe the theory but I do believe very strongly in the power of positive thinking in general.  There have been numerous scientific experiments over the years that have concluded that people who maintain a positive attitude and outlook tend to be healthier and happier.   

What was his theory? 

I can't remember everything he said.  I mentioned to him that I had read the book, The Secret, a long time ago and he told me there were some things he didn't like about the book.  He went into a lot of detail about things that had happened in his life that he believed were a direct result of focusing positively on what he wanted.  He even delved a little bit into quantum mechanics and mentioned things like quantum entanglement and how he believed it all fit together. 

I'm ambivalent to the idea of mutual attraction.  There are a lot of unusual things that happen in our lives that may just be coincidence.    

I'm of the theory of it being a cognitive change. Like putting up a subjective filter in which you view the world from. This filter leads to changes in thoughts and actions. Basically it's confirmation bias and self fulfilling actions. I'm not much for any woo regarding it. What I've notice that happens is that you have people who "wish really hard" and nothing changes. Then you have those who focus and act who get results. That's just my take. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

With chaos theory scientists use super computers to construct fractal images from sets of data. So for example thermometers scattered around the UK feeding temperature information into a super computer at the weather station head quarters turns out to have a fractal buried within it once analysed. That fractal shows the same repeating pattern throughout itself and at all scales. It reveals that reality is structured. We might not think that the thermometers are connected and we might think there is randomness in the data they provide, but analysis with the super computer reveals that same repeating pattern buried within it.

To me the Law of Attraction is about managing the patterns of thought that arise in our minds knowing that the same patterns then arise across the rest of reality. The pattern I am promoting is quite literally enjoying every aspect of creation to provide and be aware of providing pleasure to God, having compassion and forgiveness (to others), and seeking out knowledge of what is good and evil. All of that is in religion and mysticism. Religion contains an understanding of how reality works buried behind allegory and symbolism.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

The law of attraction is simple and relies on one very important concept: ACTION. If you want to effect change in your life and your world then you must act. The affirmations and mental images create the patterns in your subconscious mind which make it easier to act and may help provide insight into what action is necessary to accomplish your goal. Action will reinforce the affirmations to your subconscious mind and will make further action easier. 

Jesus said:"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you". James later said:"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works". So it seems that the law of attraction is very similar to the concept spoken of here. Faith coupled with action will enable you to change your situation and environment.

Do I believe that your subconscious mind will affect your environment? I don't know, but I do know that through your works you can affect any change that you want. So I guess that you can say that the subconscious mind coupled with the conscious mind through the work of your physical body will create change. It can go beyond that, however. Through your efforts you may affect others in unforeseeable ways which may indirectly influence the manifestation of your desires. I guess this may be where chaos theory may become involved. I can't say for certain that the subconscious mind orchestrates these influences but they are caused by your actions...

Thoughts?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

To me the Law of Attraction is about managing the patterns of thought that arise in our minds knowing that the same patterns then arise across the rest of reality. The pattern I am promoting is quite literally enjoying every aspect of creation to provide and be aware of providing pleasure to God, having compassion and forgiveness (to others), and seeking out knowledge of what is good and evil. All of that is in religion and mysticism. Religion contains an understanding of how reality works buried behind allegory and symbolism.

I like your interpretation of the Law of Attraction, RM.  

Ever I since I read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot I've been convinced that there is a genuine convergence between religion and science.   A growing number of theoretical physicists, for instance, are convinced that we live in a holographic universe.  To me this sounds a lot like the Buddhist theory that life is just a series of mental constructs; that nothing we see is real.  Many say that modern science is disproving religion but I believe in many cases it is doing just the opposite.  

On 11/12/2018 at 6:43 AM, brutalpanda said:

I was just wondering if the power of prayer is similar in concept to the law of attraction. For me, however, my most profound experiences with prayer have been effecting real changes in myself.