Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
brutalpanda

The Law Of Attraction

14 posts in this topic

brutalpanda

Do you guys believe in the Law of Attraction? Has it ever worked for you? What are your thoughts about it? I personally absolutely love the idea, so if you have real-life stories of it working please share them. 

• Thanks 1

joc
21 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Do you guys believe in the Law of Attraction? Has it ever worked for you? What are your thoughts about it? I personally absolutely love the idea, so if you have real-life stories of it working please share them. 

I always get the  preferred parking spot.  It can be the weekend before Christmas  at the mall.  I will get the preferred parking spot...you know, the spot closest to the door...or reasonably so.  No matter where I go, I get the preferred parking spot.

It is along the lines of the Law of Attraction.  The reason I get that parking spot is because...I believe it is mine!  I drive into the parking lot thinking...I am going to get the preferred spot!  The truth is...most people drive around aimlessly looking for an empty spot.  I am only looking for one spot...the preferred spot.  So, I usually 'see' people walking and I'm thinking...that's the one who took my spot...I am looking for it, and so, I am attracted to it.  I am focused on it.  We usually get that which we focus on.

And I drive s l o w l y ...looking for it.  It is amazing how many times someone is just about to pull out of that spot...and the only reason I am there to take it is because I was looking for it to begin with...not looking for a spot..looking for That Spot!

It's one example.  But it all works the same way.  Desire is the starting point for all achievement.  By focusing on our desire, we can turn a mediocre desire into a burning white hot desire.  

So...What the Law of Attraction really says is...Focus on that which you desire and you shall have it.  The greater the focus, the greater the achievement.  

D  E  S  I  R  E  the starting point of all achievement!    F  O  C  U  S  the catalyst for increasing desire.  

Whatever you want...focus on it.  That is the key in a nutshell to the Law of Attraction.  

• Like 4

RabidMongoose
50 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Find a load of pictures which represent what you want in life - sports car, big house, pretty wife/husband, riches, holidays, fun, etc. Stick them around your monitor. Dont think about wanting them, pretend and believe you already have them. And do this exercise repeatedly.

XenoFish

The law of attraction works by programming the subconscious to notice subtle environmental cue's that correspond to that which you desire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

brutalpanda

Looks like I wasn't clear. I do have a very detailed understanding of how it works and what it is. I just want to know people's thoughts about it and if they've experienced it. 

XenoFish

Yeah I've experienced it. Its nothing magical though.

• Like 1

joc
7 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Looks like I wasn't clear. I do have a very detailed understanding of how it works and what it is. I just want to know people's thoughts about it and if they've experienced it. 

I experience it daily brutalpanda.  As you apparently already know, and as Xeno said...nothing magical about it.  Or is there?  Not magical as in the Magic of Woo...but it is a wonderment of sorts.

I find it hard to just describe the attributes to my life from a particular way of thinking...I think that is what you want though.  I remember thinking when I first moved to Dallas...all I had was my car...I didn't have a key to a place to stay.  And I would see these apartments facing the freeway.  And I remember thinking, That's what I want...I'd be happy with an apartment facing the freeway.  I never got an apartment facing the freeway, but I did wind up in the apartment that had the best view of the pool!  And then I would see these gorgeous brick homes in the Burbs...and I thought...that's what I want...a nice brick house.  But then I would tell people...look at all these houses...they are literally 8-12 feet away from each other.  And I would say, Take anyone of these houses...just pick one...put it on an acre of land...that's what I want!  But when I actually saw what an acre looked like...it wasn't enough.  I thought two acres would really be nice.  

Now, I live in a nice brick home on 4 acres out in the country and I got pretty much what I wanted.  I could do without the gravel roads...but they'll probably get paved one day now that the county is growing.

I find it much easier to explain how it all works mentally speaking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RabidMongoose
48 minutes ago, brutalpanda said:

Have a look at fractal images where a pattern arising in one place repeats throughout the whole of the data used to construct the picture. It means patterns arising in one place arise across the rest of reality too. Fractals are in Chaos Theory a lot of which comes from Chaos Magic. It is basically a means of influencing what comes out of the parts of the universe you arent aware of (the future, the past, the present area outside your field of conscious awareness).

Basically you want to set a pattern of thinking in your head and in how you go about living your life. That means instead of wishing to be rich, think and act is if you already are. `Wishing` is a lack of something so you get back that lack of something.

Approach - lets pretend you are casting for a role in a film and therefore for a few weeks before filming starts you adopt the approach called Method Acting to get used to your character. Do that. Create the character you wish to become and then spend your life living that character as if it already was real. Convince yourself in your head its real. 

If your life isn't going your way then change your mind! Set a new pattern of thinking and behaving.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

DebDandelion
1 hour ago, joc said:

I always get the  preferred parking spot.  It can be the weekend before Christmas  at the mall.  I will get the preferred parking spot...you know, the spot closest to the door...or reasonably so.  No matter where I go, I get the preferred parking spot.

It is along the lines of the Law of Attraction.  The reason I get that parking spot is because...I believe it is mine!  I drive into the parking lot thinking...I am going to get the preferred spot!  The truth is...most people drive around aimlessly looking for an empty spot.  I am only looking for one spot...the preferred spot.  So, I usually 'see' people walking and I'm thinking...that's the one who took my spot...I am looking for it, and so, I am attracted to it.  I am focused on it.  We usually get that which we focus on.

And I drive s l o w l y ...looking for it.  It is amazing how many times someone is just about to pull out of that spot...and the only reason I am there to take it is because I was looking for it to begin with...not looking for a spot..looking for That Spot!

It's one example.  But it all works the same way.  Desire is the starting point for all achievement.  By focusing on our desire, we can turn a mediocre desire into a burning white hot desire.  

So...What the Law of Attraction really says is...Focus on that which you desire and you shall have it.  The greater the focus, the greater the achievement.  

D  E  S  I  R  E  the starting point of all achievement!    F  O  C  U  S  the catalyst for increasing desire.  

Whatever you want...focus on it.  That is the key in a nutshell to the Law of Attraction.  

Well said

• Thanks 1

Coil
9 hours ago, brutalpanda said:

I don’t remember writing or not, but one guy was engaged in martial arts and in training he concentrated on the second chakra trying to activate it and felt it swaying and warming up at the bottom of the body like a big ball.The result of this activation was cases of harassment of women on the street of different ages, even by pensioners, although he did not specifically activate it for this, it is rather a side effect of this sexual chakra. This chakra has such a power of attraction to people.

Yes ... having such abilities one can activate other chakras that can lead to realizing oneself eternal and infinite, connecting with the consciousness of the planet or the formless consciousness of the universe.

• Confused 2

moonman

Focus on what you want and you get it - seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't be focused on it in the first place.

It's nothing but a self-fufilling prophecy.

Edited by moonman

RabidMongoose
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, moonman said:

Focus on what you want and you get it - seems pretty self explanatory to me. If you didn't want it, you wouldn't be focused on it in the first place.

It's nothing but a self-fufilling prophecy.

You have misunderstood that outside reality mirrors your thoughts.

So lets examine the process of focusing on what you want. Wanting something means you lack it but would like to have it. So the reality you get back is one where you lack it but would like to get it. Get it?

You dont focus on wanting, you adopt method acting where you already have.

XenoFish
12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have misunderstood that outside reality mirrors your thoughts.

So lets examine the process of focusing on what you want. Wanting something means you lack it but would like to have it. So the reality you get back is one where you lack it but would like to get it. Get it?

You dont focus on wanting, you adopt method acting where you already have.

It's called self fulfilling actions. L.O.A. is driven by it and confirmation bias.