Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ireland report of bright lights from aircraft

L.A.T.1961

On 15/11/2018 at 4:16 AM, seanjo said:

Aircrew aren't infallible experienced or not.

No but they’re generally a lot more knowledgeable than most on aircraft and what they can and can’t do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

LOL well you can be sure, one of the reasons is "OMG, I don't want to fly on that airline. They have pilots that see little green men flying UFO's"

Personally I wouldn’t willingly fly with any Irishmen. You seen the way they drink?

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

It look like a meteor to me...

Yup, that just looks like some nice dash cam footage of a meteor.

Don’t know why the person with the YouTube channel thinks it’s weird that the luminosity of the object changes as it’s breaking/burning up, or that the speed may be changing, or why it can’t be a meteor/ite because the pilots saw what that saw at a similar time. It could be completely unrelated...

The dash cam footage starts at ~01:30 on the YouTube clip. ‘very very very strange’ he claims. Nope.

I’d be pretty happy to see that!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yup, that just looks like some nice dash cam footage of a meteor.

Don’t know why the person with the YouTube channel thinks it’s weird that the luminosity of the object changes as it’s breaking/burning up, or that the speed may be changing, or why it can’t be a meteor/ite because the pilots saw what that saw at a similar time. It could be completely unrelated...

The dash cam footage starts at ~01:30 on the YouTube clip. ‘very very very strange’ he claims. Nope.

I’d be pretty happy to see that!

The bright lights seen in the dash cam video do look like a typical meteor. I think some of the variability in brightness could be down to broken cloud? The timing on the video is close enough for the slight difference to be down to the time set on the dash cam unit being out a min or two?

The YouTube clip also mentions another visual sighting with the same basic description but seen from further south in Ireland.

I was expecting to see reports from Wales as it was clear there on Friday morning but my quick look found nothing.    

On 13/11/2018 at 6:39 AM, Timothy said:

It’s actually just a setback with their zero-point propulsion system. They haven’t figured out how to dim the light from the space-time tear yet.

It is true, they told me in a dream. 

And Tim is always in  a dream world,nothing to see here tim the pilots tell lies they seen  they have seen every thing up there so they must know what it was but maybe like you they just made it up...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, ChrLzs said:

Utter HOGWASH.

Do you really think that in this day and age of internet anonymity this would be likely, or that pilots would recklessly endanger future flights?  It's patently daft.

A pilot once told me that if a pilot so much as mentions seeing a UFO his next assignment would be flying the desk in the corner. no lie.

I'm not saying I know for sure the reason(s) why but yes, management is hostile to pilots who make such claims.

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

And Tim is always in  a dream world,nothing to see here tim the pilots tell lies they seen  they have seen every thing up there so they must know what it was but maybe like you they just made it up...

What’s your point John? 

(And don’t think this is annoying me, it’s entertaining.)

Letting the pilots look at the dash cam vid would be the only way you can have a reasonable way of knowing if what the pilots saw looked like what is in the dash cam vid..

from what the pilot described, the object(s) in the dash cam vid sure fits the bill. It's of either two bright objects flying in perfect unison or one rigid object with two bright lights.

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Letting the pilots look at the dash cam vid would be the only way you can have a reasonable way of knowing if what the pilots saw looked like what is in the dash cam vid..

from what the pilot described, the object(s) in the dash cam vid sure fits the bill. It's of either two bright objects flying in perfect unison or one rigid object with two bright lights.

I once saw what appeared to be a Rocket taking off....in Dallas!  Long rocket plume...straight up out of the horizon.

Turns out it was an optical illusion....it was just a jet taking off from DFW airport.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, joc said:

I once saw what appeared to be a Rocket taking off....in Dallas!  Long rocket plume...straight up out of the horizon.

Turns out it was an optical illusion....it was just a jet taking off from DFW airport.

Joc, I stopped divulging my hallucinations. people were looking funny at me.:wacko:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

A pilot once told me that if a pilot so much as mentions seeing a UFO his next assignment would be flying the desk in the corner. no lie.

I'm not saying I know for sure the reason(s) why but yes, management is hostile to pilots who make such claims.

If only you had cred here...  If that was truly the case, then why don't they come out with the truth after they retire?  Do you really want to tell UM readers, most of whom seem to have an IQ over 40, I might add.. - that pilots would willfully lie and endanger their passengers?  That's one of the more ridiculous outpourings that have come from you...

What I do believe tho, is that sometimes rank idiots who believe in aliens being the cause of unidentified lights in the sky (dumb alienz that forget to turn off their external lighting) do actually manage to get a pilot's license (or just pretend thereof, some people are easily fooled), and then tell tall tales like you just repeated - tales that are uncheckable, anonyomous, and worth every cent we just paid to read.  It's garbage, and false.

54 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

If only you had cred here...  If that was truly the case, then why don't they come out with the truth after they retire?  Do you really want to tell UM readers, most of whom seem to have an IQ over 40, I might add.. - that pilots would willfully lie and endanger their passengers?  That's one of the more ridiculous outpourings that have come from you...

What I do believe tho, is that sometimes rank idiots who believe in aliens being the cause of unidentified lights in the sky (dumb alienz that forget to turn off their external lighting) do actually manage to get a pilot's license (or just pretend thereof, some people are easily fooled), and then tell tall tales like you just repeated - tales that are uncheckable, anonyomous, and worth every cent we just paid to read.  It's garbage, and false.

Ahhh, looking to rant again, I see.

Do you have any idea that all I ever said was what a pilot told me?

What a maroon!:wacko:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

1. Do you have any idea that all I ever said was what a pilot told me?

2. What a maroon!

1. Yes, as my post made quite clear.

2. Yes, he was.  And he was also not a pilot.  And you really need to be less gullible (or stop proving it on this forum).

So I agree with you.

32 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

There’s a pretty big range on the pilot scale.

From RPT/military through to private, different countries etc. 

Some are extremely incompetent...

Just adding for those who assume that all pilots are the same and should be held on some high mantle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

There’s a pretty big range on the pilot scale.

From RPT/military through to private, different countries etc. 

Some are extremely incompetent...

Just adding for those who assume that all pilots are the same and should be held on some high mantle.

Well, let me make it clear for your inquiring mind, Tim. He was a US born pilot and at the time, flying pax for USAir, now American Airlines.

I fail to see what the big deal is here. A simple comment, and CrLzEsQt goes APE, and you come in to show grave concern.

you guys need an enema or another dog to kick

9 hours ago, Timothy said:

What’s your point John? 

(And don’t think this is annoying me, it’s entertaining.)

Tim you said it not me,keep my thread going pal,,,,

1 hour ago, johncbdg said:

Tim you said it not me,keep my thread going pal,,,,

What I wrote was obvious sarcasm. :lol:

Must be a language barrier. 

On 11/22/2018 at 4:08 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You got that bang on he is one

• Thanks 1

What about turbulence from these aircraft? I heard the full recordings on YouTube and all of them reported turbulence. At first thought it might of been a storm

1 hour ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

What about turbulence from these aircraft? I heard the full recordings on YouTube and all of them reported turbulence. At first thought it might of been a storm

Watched that video your right now they know it was no storm

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2018 at 1:52 AM, Captain Risky said:

Personally I wouldn’t willingly fly with any Irishmen. You seen the way they drink?

What's the difference between an irish wedding and an irish funeral??

One less drunk ;-)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

While living in Ceredigion, I saw a UFO in the direction of the Irish sea coast, about thirteen miles inland, around 1980. There were a lot of sightings then, but I only recently found out there was a book about it, called The Welsh Triangle. 

Moreover, remembering the Rendlesham code transmitted from the UFO, if true, one of the locations they deciphered the message as stating as a location for their bases was off the west coast of Ireland: apparently a mythical island called Hy-Brasil. I first saw it on Ancient Aliens, and recently read it in Nigel Watson's UFO Investigations Manual, p. 122.

For me, these sightings completed my own Irish triangle; as I learnt in my research degree, to triangulate sources!

• Like 1