Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“Precognitive Dreams” and Telepathy?

Melissa1671

I have suffered from chronic migraines for roughly 5 years and recently in the last year or so i have started meditating after doctor recommendation, due to not finding a solution to why i was getting the headaches and no medicine working. I stopped taking medicine completely and turned to meditation. After that i had experienced something unbelievable. I was living in a small family owned house with my mom after my parents split and my dog had puppies. I had a dream a few nights later that was so vivid i can recall everything clearly to this day. I will spare you the time of explaining the dream and cut to the chase. I had dreamed we had moved into the other, larger family owned house and we only had 2 out of the 9 puppies and they were now like puppy size instead of guinea pig size (the size they were when i had the dream). Other thing went on in the dream and i woke up and immediately told my mom all about and we had a joke about it because at the time we wouldve never brought the puppies into that house with it being alot nicer than our current place. About 3 months later we had moved into that house, had given all the other puppies away, except 2. The room setup was exactly the same in the dream every aspect of the dream was exactly the same it was so exact down to the same lyrics in a song playing. I had freaked out a little frantically telling my mom to remember the dream i had told her because it had just happened in real life, as cheesy as it sounds my dream “came true”. After that i was freaked out about it for a while and then left it alone because i didnt know what to think. A few days after it had happened in real life i started dreaming noticibly more vovidly and remembered them extremely more. I had started lucid dreaming on accident, and for awhile it was worsening my sleep quality because i was concious in my dreams too often. It was to the point that if i was in a dream and lucid dreaming i could tell myself to remember this certain thing and when i would wake, i would remember it. So more frequently i was dreaming and the dreams were happening exactly the same in real like to a T and it was freaky at first. I told my family but i dont think all of them believed me but anyway i decided to look up what was happening and saw lots of things on precognition and precognitive dreams and saw a site that said something like it was a push along by my spiritual guides showing me my life was going the right way, and once i found that out i was okay with them, they didnt freak me out anymore and i didnt speak about it alot. So about 6 or 7 months later, nothing new had happened i was still meditating often and getting “precognitive dreams” and then something did happen! And i will explain this one out completely. I was in the car with my mom and my best friend, lets call her Alex. So alex and i were trying to figure out what song to play and Alex said you can play whatever song you want so i grabbed the phone and turned the phone so she couldnt see it and was typing in Alive by sia and as i was typing i had heard her say “ Falling For You” (A song we both knew and liked) and so i replied saying “ugh okay” because i had wanted to play Alive. And so Alex looked at me kind of weirdly and i started the song, Falling For You and she look at me and said “Um what how did you know” and i said “You just told me” and she said “i didnt say anything i was waiting for you to play your song” and i said “Alex, i HEARD you say so clearly ‘Falling For You’” she said “No, im telling you i was only thinking it in my head at that time that i was going to tell you to play it next. i said NOTHING out loud” and she swears to this day she wouldnt joke about that for this long. And i heard it in her voice and i know i did so the fact that i had heard her voice and she said nothing made me wonder if i heard what she was thinking. Anyway, also some notable qualities people constantly tell me its like i know exactly how they are feeling and always understand. And i have noticed that, i often finish peoples sentences or guess what they are going to tell me with no other ways of telling. I dont know what this is but i would like info or i would like to hear other experiences! Also, im 15!

• Like 1

Sorry, but I suspect your memories are being changed, probably subconsciously, to fit your desired outcome.  No shame in that - it's what brains do - you can't entirely trust memories.....

If you have genuine telepathy or pre-cognition, you will be the first if you can prove it.  So, simply start properly diarising.. preferably using a device that puts dates and times on everything.  Then get back to us.

Btw, it's best to not change font sizes from the default, and to maybe add a paragraph or two.  Makes for much easier reading....

• Like 2

You are only 5% conscious and your subconscious runs the show 95% of the time. Meaning you like the rest of us are victim of self fulfilling actions, confirmation bias, and yes, even magical thinking. Our brains are designed to pick up or create patterns. A room looks just like it did in the dream. Who set that room up? The little details. Subtle actions. The bed here, dresser there, etc.

• Like 3

wow if that is the case i am stunned because wow how did i know what the puppies were going to look like and exactly how they were going to be positioned in my dream? Not only the room but exactly what my thoughts were and what i was saying in the dream i said in real life, but im not going to cut to one single point and say im a future teller lol. What do you guys insist im lying about the song and friend instance? 

2 hours ago, Melissa1671 said:

wow if that is the case i am stunned because wow how did i know what the puppies were going to look like and exactly how they were going to be positioned in my dream?

This is after all, a place where we try to *solve* 'mysteries', in order to find the real ones.  Is it unreasonable to ask what evidence you have that the story is exactly as you told it?  You *are* familiar with the content of the Internet, and that people sometimes do not post the entire truth?  More below...

Not only the room but exactly what my thoughts were and what i was saying in the dream i said in real life, but im not going to cut to one single point and say im a future teller lol.

Why not?  Surely you should properly test it out?

What do you guys insist im lying about the song and friend instance? 

'Lying'?  Why use an emotive word like that, when we are merely pointing out that people misremember, and that can be for a whole variety of reasons.  You may well be telling the truth as you remember it.  If you 100% reject that your memories can/should be questioned, then there is little point continuing with this, as nothing will convince you otherwise.

We are simply politely asking for you to provide a little evidence.  Do you want some suggestions on how you could gather that evidence?  I started above, but it seems you are disinterested.

You may well be very perceptive and empathetic, and you may notice patterns of behaviour and subtle clues that others miss - all those are wonderful life skills.  But if you are not aware of the flaws in our memory systems... it is pretty easy to think that you have powers beyond what is really happening.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

First, welcome aboard @Melissa1671. It sounds like your meditation practice may have helped with the migraines, and if so, that's huge.

It's a tricky thing at any age when conscious experience encounters unconscious content full on. At fifteen, you're just about in midstream developing any sort of stable persona and conscious stance, and a lot of the conscious experience of  ordinary life is still in your future.

Which is a long way of saying take a breath. Yes, some dreams do come true. The apparatus is very good at pattern recognition, and some of those patterns will cash out as trends that develop into accomplished facts. You and I wouldn't be here having this conversation except that that worked out (at least sometimes) for our ancestors over centuries of millennia.

For the time being, I'd recommend thinking about it this way. Two really good predictors of dream content are the preceding day's trivia, and important things that are being neglected in conscious living. I think when the puppies came, your family developed an increased awareness of how great it would be to have roomier and better quarters, but were distracted because of how demanding a litter can be.

So, you sleep and the unconscious "leans against" the conscious preoccupation. IRL, you didn't move up (when the opportunity presented itself) at random. You moved into quarters that suited your taste (spoiler alert: you're going to spend the rest of your life discovering over and over again that your taste and your mother's are eerily similar :) ). Your taste decorated your dream.

Lucid dreams often do interfere with sleep quality. Your experience is pretty typical there.

I'll put this out there: your friend is yanking your chain about not telling you the song choice. As the good book has it, the race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that is the way to bet.

Are you journaling these dreams? If not, then you might want to think about doing that, but you need the sleep more than you need the journal. Sometimes remembering dreams interferes with sleep quality as much as lucid dreaming sometimes does.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here, and please give my regards to those dogs :) .

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2

Hello Melissa,

Both telepathy and precognition are things which can not be proven at this point in time. Which is why there are so many skeptics when it comes to those and similar subjects.

It is often best to quietly research these things on your own. Most likely only those who have experienced it would believe you.

John

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John from Lowell said:

Hello Melissa,

Both telepathy and precognition are things which can not be proven at this point in time. Which is why there are so many skeptics when it comes to those and similar subjects.

It is often best to quietly research these things on your own. Most likely only those who have experienced it would believe you.

John

Actually testing both abilities wouldn't take much. It's the fact that those claim such abilities fail consistently that disprove them. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/14/2018 at 10:38 PM, ChrLzs said:

This is after all, a place where we try to *solve* 'mysteries', in order to find the real ones.  Is it unreasonable to ask what evidence you have that the story is exactly as you told it?  You *are* familiar with the content of the Internet, and that people sometimes do not post the entire truth?  More below...

Why not?  Surely you should properly test it out?

'Lying'?  Why use an emotive word like that, when we are merely pointing out that people misremember, and that can be for a whole variety of reasons.  You may well be telling the truth as you remember it.  If you 100% reject that your memories can/should be questioned, then there is little point continuing with this, as nothing will convince you otherwise.

We are simply politely asking for you to provide a little evidence.  Do you want some suggestions on how you could gather that evidence?  I started above, but it seems you are disinterested.

You may well be very perceptive and empathetic, and you may notice patterns of behaviour and subtle clues that others miss - all those are wonderful life skills.  But if you are not aware of the flaws in our memory systems... it is pretty easy to think that you have powers beyond what is really happening.

No, im sorry i didnt mean to come off that way, i have considered and considered that i must be remembering it wrong but i have kept a dream journal type thing in my phone notes and i can check to see if i have it dated that far back. and if i dont and i never find out if my memories are false thats okay. im not on some voyage to become another person with abilities. it just happened to happen to me so..here i am haha pancakes for the reply though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hello Melissa,

John

im pretty openminded and i believe in almost everything, with no shame haha. i think anything could be possible but that being said im also open to knowing how the brain works is amazing in so many ways and if it happened to subconsciously make my dream come true which i dont certainly understand because i cant make everyone else choose the puppies except for the one in my dream, but im open to thinking about everything. Thank you for the advice

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eight bits said:

First, welcome aboard @Melissa1671. It sounds like your meditation practice may have helped with the migraines, and if so, that's huge.

It's a tricky thing at any age when conscious experience encounters unconscious content full on. At fifteen, you're just about in midstream developing any sort of stable persona and conscious stance, and a lot of the conscious experience of  ordinary life is still in your future.

Which is a long way of saying take a breath. Yes, some dreams do come true. The apparatus is very good at pattern recognition, and some of those patterns will cash out as trends that develop into accomplished facts. You and I wouldn't be here having this conversation except that that worked out (at least sometimes) for our ancestors over centuries of millennia.

For the time being, I'd recommend thinking about it this way. Two really good predictors of dream content are the preceding day's trivia, and important things that are being neglected in conscious living. I think when the puppies came, your family developed an increased awareness of how great it would be to have roomier and better quarters, but were distracted because of how demanding a litter can be.

So, you sleep and the unconscious "leans against" the conscious preoccupation. IRL, you didn't move up (when the opportunity presented itself) at random. You moved into quarters that suited your taste (spoiler alert: you're going to spend the rest of your life discovering over and over again that your taste and your mother's are eerily similar :) ). Your taste decorated your dream.

Lucid dreams often do interfere with sleep quality. Your experience is pretty typical there.

I'll put this out there: your friend is yanking your chain about not telling you the song choice. As the good book has it, the race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that is the way to bet.

Are you journaling these dreams? If not, then you might want to think about doing that, but you need the sleep more than you need the journal. Sometimes remembering dreams interferes with sleep quality as much as lucid dreaming sometimes does.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here, and please give my regards to those dogs :) .

Thats crazy if that is my case, wow the brain is crazy. But my thoughts are racing right now, how did only the two puppies in my dream not get chosen? I cant control other peoples choices of puppiez?! I don’t expect you to answer these btw im just so confused/shocked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1671 said:

Thats crazy if that is my case, wow the brain is crazy.

The brain achieves sanity in a remarkably roundabout way :) .

But my thoughts are racing right now, how did only the two puppies in my dream not get chosen? I cant control other peoples choices of puppiez?

I wasn't there, of course, and I don't know you. So I can only point out some generalities that might apply to your situation.

I notice you said you gave the puppies away, except for the two you kept. You may have had some idea of what puppy traits would appeal among your family and friends, including some that might appeal to you and not so much to other people. Maybe that estimate wasn't arrived at through conscious deliberation, or based upon a "calculation," but just a spontaneous estimate of how a social interaction (people sharing a litter) might turn out.

What it comes down to is that everybody knows more than they know they know. Don't underestimate what you can achieve by natural means. That includes a measure of influence over other people's choice of puppies. Not "control" but not nothing, either.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Melissa1671 said:

im pretty openminded and i believe in almost everything, with no shame haha. i think anything could be possible but that being said im also open to knowing how the brain works is amazing in so many ways and if it happened to subconsciously make my dream come true which i dont certainly understand because i cant make everyone else choose the puppies except for the one in my dream, but im open to thinking about everything. Thank you for the advice

Hi,

We all have a great deal to learn about how the brain works. In my own way, I do research on subjects like telepathy and psychic precognition. My best friend is a precognitive psychic. The skeptic does not understand that random insights can not be proven. It is almost like random is a word which does not exist for them when it comes to these subjects. Which is their reality and I can actually respect and understand that thinking.

As you expand and refine your experiences with these things, I suggest being wise on who you share those experiences with. Use your intuition on that. Keep your beliefs strong and your expectations high, however understand most of us will reject this way of being. You will be seen by many as unstable and in need of professional services. For them, you are frightening. Humands react badly to fears. So be wise, stay safe, and be discreet is what I suggest.

John

• Like 2

Random insight is the subconscious making an acceptable pattern and association to events. Intuition is also a subconscious function. A combination of survival instinct, pattern recognition, and experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are not alone.

No matter how convincing and solid the evidence, you will never be able to prove it to anyone.

Not all dreams will come true, good or bad, it is impossible to tell, so don’t let it run your life and your choices.

The real gift is that you can recognize it at all. 

Edited by StarJumper
  • Like 1