Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netanyahu may be on his way out

and-then

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/world/wp/2018/11/14/israeli-defense-minister-avigdor-liberman-announces-resignation-over-gaza-truce/

Netanyahu's quest to be all things to all people has brought his government to the threshold of collapse.  His defense minister, Avigdor Lieberman, resigned today,  potentially causing early elections to be called.  So long as Bibi has been seen as the defender of Israel he has retained his power.  Now he seems more interested in finding common ground with enemies and frenemies than in protecting those in Israel's border region with Gaza.  If a Left-leaning government arises out of this chaos, Trump's peace deal may have a much better chance of succeeding.  At least the initial period will be seen as peaceful.  What say you?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NewAge1 said:

Good riddance.

And if his replacement is Lieberman?  Be careful what you wish for...

3 hours ago, seanjo said:

After 70 years of being under attack.

........and 70 years on the defensive.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:20 AM, Piney said:

https://www.jns.org/ministers-put-forth-idea-that-israel-retake-gaza-strip/

Apparently, a message is being sent by a couple of cabinet members that all that may be about to change.  If it does, let the world howl while the IDF crushes Hamas and their splinter groups.  

On 11/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, Piney said:

<grin>  Surely you jest, O Piney one

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And yet, 3 weeks later, Netenyahu seems as powerful as ever :) 

• Like 1

They got the memo saying Jesus ain't ready to show up yet ... they can't win without Jesus on their side ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2018 at 1:51 PM, third_eye said:

They got the memo saying Jesus ain't ready to show up yet ... they can't win without Jesus on their side ...

~

Tell THAT to HAMAS :P

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Netanyahu has been indicted on corruption charges, the country's attorney general said Thursday, just weeks before the country goes to the polls.

Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit said the charges of one count of bribery and two counts of fraud and breach of trust relate to three different cases, and came after two years of investigation.

At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/world/israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-indicted-on-bribery-fraud-and-breach-of-trust-pending-hearing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

just weeks before the country goes to the polls.

The investigation has gone on for years and the charges are filed weeks before people go to the polls.  I'm sure that isn't an attempted political hit-job.  If Netanyahu is a crook then he needs to go down for it but when these kinds of tactics become commonplace it is going to spell disaster for representative governments.  When the party out of power can use lawfare to slander and libel an opponent and they have the full cooperation of the media in executing the plan, it will be extremely corrosive to public trust.  There seems to be a lot of this kind of sleaze going on these days. 

Israel is a unique country in that it can face an existential threat at any given point in time and political opponents seem willing to risk the whole nation for the sake of personal power.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all, it's happening here in the U.S. as well.  It looks like Bibi's party will lose the coming election and a Left-leaning government will take over.  I wish them the best.  Mazel Tov!

On 3/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, and then said:

The investigation has gone on for years and the charges are filed weeks before people go to the polls.  I'm sure that isn't an attempted political hit-job.  If Netanyahu is a crook then he needs to go down for it but when these kinds of tactics become commonplace it is going to spell disaster for representative governments.  When the party out of power can use lawfare to slander and libel an opponent and they have the full cooperation of the media in executing the plan, it will be extremely corrosive to public trust.  There seems to be a lot of this kind of sleaze going on these days. 

Israel is a unique country in that it can face an existential threat at any given point in time and political opponents seem willing to risk the whole nation for the sake of personal power.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all, it's happening here in the U.S. as well.  It looks like Bibi's party will lose the coming election and a Left-leaning government will take over.  I wish them the best.  Mazel Tov!

Yeah true, in fact Roger Stone and his boss are the masters of sleazy politics.  But back on topic, all I can say is 'once a crook, always a crook'. Maybe, finally, there will be some positive progress in the ME without this 'iron ball' holding everything back.

48 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yeah true, in fact Roger Stone and his boss are the masters of sleazy politics

Roger Stone certainly has been part of that group of sleazy political hacks since the time of Nixon but Trump is not a master of sleazy politics.  He's been a master of the sleazy corporate world.  No one can call him a master politician.  He's the exact opposite.  Had he attempted to run against any other candidate or at any other time he would have been soundly beaten and forgotten.  He, like the Palestinians, is a beneficiary of his choice of opponents.  With him it was HRC and with the Palestinians it's Israel.  You simply can't go wrong in public opinion if your adversary is someone who is universally hated. 

I hope there will be progress for the people of Israel so they can finally have a chance to live in peace.  If Netanyahu is gone from the scene and Israelis elect a Leftist government then I'm not sure they'll be any more willing to make the concessions required to obtain peace.  Even a hard-Left government wouldn't be willing to do everything Hamas and the Hizballah would attempt to require for a cessation of hostilities.  I think there is a better chance for an agreement to be reached, signed, and implemented - with elements within both sides kicking and screaming - as a result of the current uncertainty for the future due to Iran's plans for Hegemony in the region.  Many of the Arab states really fear the mullahs in Tehran and right now they seem willing to dance with the devil to save themselves.  I find it ironic that they are willing to place bets on the IDF being able to take down Iran if need be. 

If Netanyahu is a crook then he needs to be punished according to the law.  Don't you see the irony in the hated Israelis being the only western government that holds their politicians legally liable for offenses they commit while serving in office?  Most of their PM's in the last 50 years have had to fight legal scandals that were generated by their opposition parties.  A leader SHOULD be able to avoid such attempts if they are clean but these days, the accusation, relentlessly repeated by a droning, 24/7 media controlled by the Left is all it takes to remove or resist the agenda of any leader that dissents from their program.  Trump's election pulled the last shred of camouflage from the world media's game of influence for the globalists.  It really was astounding to see what a pack of Jackals they truly are when they don't get what they want.  They sold out everything they've always so piously intoned as their "duty" to the nation.  

If Trump gets reelected next year, I think Cohen's opinion about there being no peaceful transition of power will be proven accurate.  If everything the Progs have tried fails them, they'll go full anarchy to take him out.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:15 PM, Eldorado said:

Netanyahu has been indicted on corruption charges, the country's attorney general said Thursday, just weeks before the country goes to the polls.

Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit said the charges of one count of bribery and two counts of fraud and breach of trust relate to three different cases, and came after two years of investigation.

At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/world/israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-indicted-on-bribery-fraud-and-breach-of-trust-pending-hearing

Over here we have an old legal adage - "You can indict anyone, you can even indict a ham sandwich"  I'm not sure how that one would fit in Israel  :w00t:

He's definitely not a master politician, but uses sleazy politics to further his agendas for sure.  The problem in being one (sleazy politician) and not the other (master politician) is that he ends up throwing punches in the dark.  For example, closing down the Govt to get his wall was a sleazy maneuver, not an intelligent one and in the end he got nothing out of it.  The email scandal is what got him the Presidency. If that wasn't sleazy and whilst there is no smoking gun there is enough to suggest he knew what Roger Stone was up to.  This is a guy that's been his faithful sergeant for decades and as you suggested, has been in the thick of things in the past.  Above all, you just don't change your character from one position to another.  If you're a sleaze in business, you're a sleaze in politics and sadly enough, these are the types that usually succeed in both enterprises.

To Israel, the only ones that universally hate the Jews and have throughout history are the type of people you associate with politically, the Conservative and Nationalists. This is also similar and evident when politics is intertwined in society with religion, as in the past with the Spanish inquisition and nowadays with Islam. The liberal left in the world don't agree with the far right politics in Israel, it's nothing to do with racial or religious reasons.  Netanyahu has only progressed Zionist agendas and has never been interested in solutions, so let's hope a left Govt, if elected, does.  In the event the Israelis did offer solutions with the Palestinians and these were hijacked by either the PA, Hamas or Hezbollah then the onus would be back on the Palestinians to either distance themselves from this scourge or suffer eventual consequences.