Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey kills 12-day-old baby boy in India

Still Waters

A 12-day-old boy has died after he was snatched from his mother and bitten by a monkey in northern India.

The infant's mother was breastfeeding him at their home in the city of Agra when the animal entered the house and grabbed him, the family said.

The monkey dropped the badly bitten child on a neighbour's roof after locals gave chase to the animal.

The baby died of his injuries in hospital. Locals say monkey attacks in the area are growing more frequent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46213304

:(

• Sad 8

Sounds like it's past time for a varmint hunt.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Sounds like it's past time for a varmint hunt.  

:yes:

Monkeys who eat fruit are some good eating, but the superstitous worship of Hanuman prevented it. 

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

:yes:

Monkeys who eat fruit are some good eating, but the superstitous worship of Hanuman prevented it. 

Actually, when the monkeys were protected and surviving well in close proximity with people, tragedies such as these were prevented as well as unheard of. The old ways of revering Hanuman would never had taken root if behavior such as this were common.

The monkeys were there first, human animal territorial conflicts usually arise when humans antagonize the animals to a level of stress that ultimately leads to retaliation. It happens everywhere the human population spreads into closer proximity to the animal's natural habitat. It can be avoided to a certain extent but conflicts will inevitably arise. The bigger picture will definitely show that there is an unspoken and greater human to human problem of conflict due to over crowding from over population. Sorry for the kid but if the adults had learned enough to know how to live peaceably with the animals, who knows, but then again, if it wasn't this kid, somewhere down the line, it might be some other kid.

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The monkeys were there first, human animal territorial conflicts usually arise when humans antagonize the animals to a level of stress that ultimately leads to retaliation. It happens everywhere the human population spreads into closer proximity to the animal's natural habitat. It can be avoided to a certain extent but conflicts will inevitably arise. The bigger picture will definitely show that there is an unspoken and greater human to human problem of conflict due to over crowding from over population. Sorry for the kid but if the adults had learned enough to know how to live peaceably with the animals, who knows, but then again, if it wasn't this kid, somewhere down the line, it might be some other kid.

I do think there was some antagonizing going on to cause this. Snow monkeys only get nasty when they are picked on. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I do think there was some antagonizing going on to cause this. Snow monkeys only get nasty when they are picked on. 

Territorial displays from both sides is natural as well as normal, its the constant aggression that raises the stress levels of their natural environment that makes or breaks the relationships on both sides. I have witnessed countless situations involving everything from as small as birds to something as large as wild boars to make me know that situations like this is inevitably caused by the people themselves.

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

Actually, when the monkeys were protected and surviving well in close proximity with people, tragedies such as these were prevented as well as unheard of. The old ways of revering Hanuman would never had taken root if behavior such as this were common.

~

A case of monkey see, monkey do huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i've been to India, they are infested with monkeys. watch your bags, cameras, and pretty much everything, those monkeys will steal anything, some are aggressive too, but mostly just thieves

Don't know if those monkeys eat meat, but chimps will kill and eat human babies.I blame the parents for not protecting the child better,they should have known the monkeys could get in.

On 17/11/2018 at 5:24 AM, aztek said:

i've been to India, they are infested with monkeys. watch your bags, cameras, and pretty much everything, those monkeys will steal anything, some are aggressive too, but mostly just thieves

Not just the monkeys either.

If monkeys killed my 12 day old baby, I could see myself going Charles Bronson Death Wish on their ass.  It would be dark days for the monkey clan.  Sounds like some people need to re-evaluate their religious beliefs.