Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone here ever conjured Lam?

EsotericScience

I don't know much about Aleister Crowley, those goth kid fanboys just turned me off to Crowley all together & greys terrify the heck out of me but if Lam is real & someone here has communed with it.

Would you care to share? Apparently even Crowley about soiled his britches at meeting Lam. I'm not recommending anyone try to contact it but if you already have what did it say?

Edited by EsotericScience

46 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

I don't know much about Aleister Crowley, those goth kid fanboys just turned me off to Crowley all together & greys terrify the heck out of me but if Lam is real & someone here has communed with it.

If you are talking about the "greys" that some people think are "aliens", they are just dream-sleep paralysis "thought forms" called "snails" in Vodou.  

Yucky as hell but not terrifying once you know what they are. 

As for Crowley, he was a drug addled idiot. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

Apparently even Crowley about soiled his britches at meeting Lam.

I just read into it. The knucklehead conjured a "snail" and it scared him. :lol:

He was a dabbler with no talent or power. But as my grandfather's saying goes. "Thieves and liars prosper"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

If you are talking about the "greys" that some people think are "aliens", they are just dream sleep paralysis "thought forms" call "snails" in Vodou.  

Yucky as hell but not terrifying once you know what they are. 

As for Crowley, he was a drug addled idiot. 

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Aiwass

I think Crowley was deep into the occult, by deep I mean deep end. The only real occultist of that time was Austin Osman Spare. He was a bit nutty, yet also critical of it all too. Pretty much the first psychology magician. I'm just a poor man's copy compared to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Aiwass

I think Crowley was deep into the occult, by deep I mean deep end. The only real occultist of that time was Austin Osman Spare. He was a bit nutty, yet also critical of it all too. Pretty much the first psychology magician. I'm just a poor man's copy compared to him. 

I've told you before I have a healthy respect for Spare. 

Focus and intent is all that is needed. Everything else is just chafe. 

• Like 2

These "entities" are basically just aspect of yourself. They are thoughtforms that you create that allow you to pull information from your own subconscious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I've told you before I have a healthy respect for Spare. 

Focus and intent is all that is needed. Everything else is just chafe. 

I resonate with very few occultist. Spare basically was my "teacher" because I took naturally to his method of sigil magick. Alan Moore being the second one and some of William S Burroughs ideas hit home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I resonate with very few occultist. Spare basically was my "teacher" because I took naturally to his method of sigil magick. Alan Moore being the second one and some of William S Burroughs ideas hit home. 

Don't know them. I was only introduced to Spare after a Chaos Magician pointed out that that what I basically was because I use my grandmother's Hoodoo, some Vodou I picked up off of @Not A Rockstar and my grandfather's Algonquian traditions without most of the "bells and whistles". 

Gimme a piece of Crayola sidewalk chalk and I'll have a whole clan haunted. B)

• Haha 1

Now I remember Moore. He was friggin screwier than both of us! :lol:

The Watchmen was awesome! 

But they were both dope fiends and I used Tendai Buddhist focusing techniques and never needed that trash. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Now I remember Moore. He was friggin screwier than both of us! :lol:

The Watchmen was awesome! 

But they were both dope fiends and I used Tendai Buddhist focusing techniques and never needed that trash. 

Ideas Piney. It's all about the idea's. Even a drunk can put together a coherent sentience once in a while.

• Like 1

No, I haven't but I do recall Radar O'Reilly summoning a "SPAM Lamb" once :w00t:

062_private_charles_lamb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

No, I haven't but I do recall Radar O'Reilly summoning a "SPAM Lamb" once :w00t:

You stay outta this Colonel Potter! :o

• Haha 1

OP, if you're serious about dabbling in the occult. Go with the simplest methods. You don't have to go the whole ghost n' goblins route. That route actually keeps you from achieving anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

That’s delightful and disgusting. Can you shoot a link so I can share it with some friends please?

And back to the topic... I vaguely recall Lam and Crowley from years ago. And I’m willing to bet a lot of members here don’t know about this topic, and apparent that some members are better read. 

Im willing to plead ignorance here.. what’s the lore behind Lam and Crowley?

4 hours ago, rashore said:

That’s delightful and disgusting. Can you shoot a link so I can share it with some friends please?

And back to the topic... I vaguely recall Lam and Crowley from years ago. And I’m willing to bet a lot of members here don’t know about this topic, and apparent that some members are better read. 

Im willing to plead ignorance here.. what’s the lore behind Lam and Crowley?

Sure thing... it was from an episode of M.A.S.H.

https://mash.fandom.com/wiki/Private_Charles_Lamb_(TV_series_episode)

Animal lover Radar O'Reilly realized that the Greeks (NATO) in camp were going to celebrate with a traditional Lamb dish.  He manages to get Hawkeye to get them so drunk they can't tell the difference between a Lamb and Spam :) 

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rashore said:

That’s delightful and disgusting.

:lol: I thought the same thing! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Well then, no wonder why I only vaguely recall it. Probably caught it in passing as a kid and never paid it further mind.

With that refresher in mind and not quoting you directly anymore Xeno..

To the best of my recall, I don't believe there are any members currently here on UM that have conjured Lam. A smattering of ouija board demons get summoned, and sometimes folks claim other entities appearing. But not many conjurers around here, and I honestly don't recall any Lam's showing up in the magic or ghostie threads- usually critters that look like that show up over in the UFO/ET section- and I don't think there have been any Lam's by name over in that area either.

14 hours ago, and then said:

Alas, the forum lacks a reaction or emoji worthy of this.... thing.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Okay:huh:

Lol, I wasn't quoting you directly anymore there, and was continuing on with just general discussion back to the OP and thread. After all, you aren't the one wondering if anyone around here has conjured Lam.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rashore said:

I honestly don't recall any Lam's showing up in the magic or ghostie threads- usually critters that look like that show up over in the UFO/ET section- and I don't think there have been any Lam's by name over in that area either.

I mentioned the entity in other threads. This thoughtform only appears to a person under duress. Mostly during SP events. A lot of times it involves struggling with a door with one. Whitley Strieber saw them and reported them as "aliens" but I actually think he was dabbling with the stuff he described in 'Cat Magic'.

I never knew Crowley saw one though. With his perchance for exaggerating and outright lying, I would say he didn't conjure it. It just showed up. 

• Like 1