Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BA sued for 'being squashed next to obese man'

Still Waters

A man is suing British Airways after being "squashed" next to an obese passenger during a 13-hour flight.

Stephen Huw Prosser, 51, of Penygraig, Tonypandy, who is 5ft 3in, said he suffered a pelvic injury and nerve damage in his neck on the journey from Bangkok to London in January 2016.

He said the passenger "reminded him of the late rugby player Jonah Lomu", Pontypridd County Court heard.

He is claiming for damages and loss of earnings, which BA is resisting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46233158

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to BA sued for 'being squashed next to obese man'

I realise that airlines do everything possible to keep their costs down, even at the expense of passenger comfort, but they really ought to have wide seating available for obese individuals. The man suing the airline may have been uncomfortable and in pain, but imagine the discomfort the other person experienced as well. As far as his lawsuit goes, he has an uphill battle as I suspect his claims would require extensive medical investigation,

• Like 2

If they're that obese they should be required to purchase multiple seats.

4 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

yea, but it wont happen, it is not politically correct,  and those who complain will be either silenced or ridiculed, and discredited.

Having read the article I think this is a crock of s****.

He had to physically squeeze himself between the armrests. His buttocks were bulging onto my side and the rest of his bulk spilling over.

The weight of this man's bulk was pushing my spine in a painful, unnatural and crooked position as I tried to remain in an upright position.

This guy must have had cartoon like characteristics, for the bulk to be spilling over an armrest to physically push the guys spine.

Also he compares him to Jonah Lomu, who I would certainly not describe as obese.  I think Mr Creosote would be a more fitting description.

16 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Then they should have two votes in a General Election, and when they buy a suit they should get one free, and when they take a taxi they should pay double the fare, and ....

Im having deja vu didnt this exact discussion happen some odd years back? Isnt there an airline that does require you to buy two seats if you are over a certain weight? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

Latest:

Thanks for the update. I expected that outcome. He seemed like quite the opportunist from the outset.

If anyone suffered, it was the person sitting next to him.

• Like 1