Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doorbell Cam Caught a Visitor?

Samhain

Some guy first posted this picture on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/4xznfz/got_a_notification_from_my_smart_home_app_in_the/

The story was, at around 11 at night he got a notifation on his phone that said “you have a visitor.” He assumed it was a dog or a cat moving outside the house which made the notification for movement detection go off. However, he was wrong. Throughout the night he got many more notifications, from the time of 11pm until 4am. He didn’t see anything on the camera until the morning when he went to check. At about the last hour, whoever or whatever was out there looked into the camera. They had been out there for five hours straight.

To me, it looks like whatever this is doesn’t have arms, or legs. I was also watching a video where this image came up, and they also noticed the blank space where the arms and legs were supposed to be.

What do you think?

BE737081-CDE5-4217-8EB9-36C5FA0E9A1F.jpeg

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added

17 minutes ago, Samhain said:

To me, it looks like whatever this is doesn’t have arms, or legs. I was also watching a video where this image came up, and they also noticed the blank space where the arms and legs were supposed to be.

It does have arms you can see the fists tucked partially behind their back.

It feels like a prank. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Low/bad lighting only shows what's closest to the cam.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Whole thing looks photoshopped to me, but especially the eyes! Actually, the eyes look as if they have been drawn on.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

now that's terrifying

It's one of my pet hates!

It might work in the States, but it's a flawed concept for UK use. In America, a burglar is worried about you having a gun. Over here, burglars only have to hope that you are asleep, so they break a back window/door without a care in the world!  So the video doorbell does what? :lol:

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

I'd say it was a black man (hence the poor vision of the arms reaching round the back) wearing a mask. Something like this 'girl' mask I found from another source...

https://difundir.org/2016/09/12/desaparece-luego-de-publicar-esta-horrible-foto-de-un-extrano-con-mascara-merodeando-su-casa/

miedo.png

3-luego-de-traduccion.jpg

Either that, or it's Boy George turned Jehovah's Witness.

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's a creepy creeper casing the place to break in, probably testing the camera to see if anyone reacts.

Let's see the mentioned video.

Edited by moonman

45 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I'd say it was a black man (hence the poor vision of the arms reaching round the back) wearing a mask. Something like this 'girl' mask I found from another source...

https://difundir.org/2016/09/12/desaparece-luego-de-publicar-esta-horrible-foto-de-un-extrano-con-mascara-merodeando-su-casa/

miedo.png

3-luego-de-traduccion.jpg

That makes sense. I thought it was something supernatural at first. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stiff said:

:lol:

• Thanks 1