Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump really like a dictator?

F3SS

Just now, Agent0range said:

If you're not NEPA, I don't know what mountains you could be talking about.

Of course I'm NEPA. Just not that far. And PA has a lot of mountains. The whole state. Western PA is very mountainous.

Just now, skliss said:

And yet those safeguards worked like they were supposed to. Let me reiterate that even in that example we were never in the slightest danger of any kind of Theocracy, not a hint, not a whiff...nada..

We still are due to the groundwork laid out by the Patriot Act though. We gave the government unprecedented power in that bill and in that era and now we just simply accept as fact that the government is reading our emails and listening in on our conversations.

I think thats what most Trump supporters miss in their defense of Trump. Whatever he does to erode our checks and balances will be permanent. Even if he never steps through the door to dictatorship his actions can lay the path for the next guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you actually pay attention though? Stay with me its not an insult.

After watching how many people truly believe that Hillary called all Trump supporters depolorable , and how many truly believe that "you didnt build that" was the message of Obamas speech that day I have to ask how many are truly paying attention to whats actually said vs how its spun.

Yeah, I pay particular attention when I'm insulted and called a Nazi

• Like 1

Just now, skliss said:

Yeah, I pay particular attention when I'm insulted and called a Nazi

Can you provide a link to one of the aforementioned calling all conservatives Nazis?

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

We still are due to the groundwork laid out by the Patriot Act though. We gave the government unprecedented power in that bill and in that era and now we just simply accept as fact that the government is reading our emails and listening in on our conversations.

I think thats what most Trump supporters miss in their defense of Trump. Whatever he does to erode our checks and balances will be permanent. Even if he never steps through the door to dictatorship his actions can lay the path for the next guy.

Who could be Democrat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmm .....

~

What year was Donald Trump a Democrat?
Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic.

~

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Who could be Democrat.

Exactly!!!!

It is in EVERYONE's best interest to ensure the POTUS respects the long term health of our institutions

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you provide a link to one of the aforementioned calling all conservatives Nazis?

How about enemies:

Following is Mr. Obama's "enemies" quote from the Univision interview:

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election -- then I think it's going to be harder. And that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd."

1 minute ago, skliss said:

How about enemies:

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election -- then I think it's going to be harder. And that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd."

You have to do better than that. He was specifically speaking from the latino perspective. From that perspective do you think that all conservatives are the enemy or perhaps just a percentage who are bigoted and hateful?

Can you provide a link for context?

Edited by Farmer77

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

How about enemies:

NVM the link I found it. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-explains-his-remark-about-punishing-enemies/

"And I said, well, you can't punish your friends when -- the folks who've been supporting it. Now, I did also say if you're going to punish somebody, punish your enemies, and I probably should have used the word, "opponents" instead of enemies. Now the Republicans are saying that I'm calling them enemies. What I'm saying is you're an opponent of this particular provision, comprehensive immigration reform, which is something very different."

Edited by Farmer77

You have to do better than that. He was specifically speaking from the latino perspective. From that perspective do you think that all conservatives are the enemy or perhaps just a percentage who are bigoted and hateful?

Can you provide a link for context?

I've heard hateful words come out of Democrats also. Bigots? Oh yes, and hypocrites. I find many self centered. That's why the split isn't just between Democrats and Republicans.

I've heard hateful words come out of Democrats also. Bigots? Oh yes, and hypocrites. I find many self centered. That's why the split isn't just between Democrats and Republicans.

So, post some sources.  

• Thanks 1

Easy to come back later and change your statement to something more palatable.

Maybe because I'm in Ohio this stood out:

In the age of Donald Trump, Nazi references are way out of control in American political discourse.

How out of hand? Even some of the wonky, nice guys in politics are making them.

But that doesn't excuse Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray, who made a bizarre comment likening some Republicans to Nazi collaborators while speaking in Lima before last month's primary. Politics Extra on Monday obtained a video of Cordray's speech to the Allen County Democratic Party Women's Club on March 8.

• Like 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

So, post some sources.  

It's my personal opinion.

Just now, skliss said:

Easy to come back later and change your statement to something more palatable.

Its also easy to misinterpret a statement, or believe the spin on that statement,  because of confirmation bias.

1 minute ago, skliss said:

But that doesn't excuse Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray, who made a bizarre comment likening some Republicans to Nazi collaborators while speaking in Lima before last month's primary. Politics Extra on Monday obtained a video of Cordray's speech to the Allen County Democratic Party Women's Club on March 8.

Hook us up with a link!

It's my personal opinion.

Saying you have heard hateful words is not an opinion, it's a statement.  Now, what hateful words have you heard?  Or is it a secret?  Or, was it a baseless statement?

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Saying you have heard hateful words is not an opinion, it's a statement.  Now, what hateful words have you heard?  Or is it a secret?  Or, was it a baseless statement?

It's an opinion no matter how much you want to argue. I feel I have reason and your rambling is just proving it to me more. Now, you are saying I have no right to it. I don't have to prove anything.

All you have to do is watch CNN...its day in a d day out.  I'm not going to spend hours looking thru articles when I see Republicans being called "bad people" and worse every day...and by many, many politicians.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Its also easy to misinterpret a statement, or believe the spin on that statement,  because of confirmation bias.

Hook us up with a link!

Crap, I'm sorry, cough medicine interfering with brain and typing.

www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics-extra/2018/06/25/ohio-governors-race-dem-richard-cordray-makes-bizarre-nazi-reference/730717002/

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's an opinion no matter how much you want to argue. I feel I have reason and your rambling is just proving it to me more. Now, you are saying I have no right to it. I don't have to prove anything.

The burden of proof.  You stated you have heard hateful speech from Democrats, it is YOUR BURDEN to show it, not mine to dig it up.  I'll just chalk it up as a baseless claim.  As usual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

The burden of proof.  You stated you have heard hateful speech from Democrats, it is YOUR BURDEN to show it, not mine to dig it up.  I'll just chalk it up as a baseless claim.  As usual.

LOL I have to prove my opinion? What burden? It's not a burden to me. How are you going to dig up my opinions? You have no ability to think for yourself! We're done now.

Edited by susieice

4 minutes ago, skliss said:

All you have to do is watch CNN...its day in a d day out.  I'm not going to spend hours looking thru articles when I see Republicans being called "bad people" and worse every day...and by many, many politicians.

Crap, I'm sorry, cough medicine interfering with brain and typing.

www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics-extra/2018/06/25/ohio-governors-race-dem-richard-cordray-makes-bizarre-nazi-reference/730717002/

Aww, CNN calls Republicans bad people?  Poor baby.  At least the President doesn't call Democrats bad people...oh..wait.  He does, daily.  You poor little snowflake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skliss said:

Yet cant provide a link?

I think there is a really volatile mixture of tribalism and a victim mentality coming from the right that is keeping people from recognizing the difference between criticizing the individual and criticizing the party and or philosophy.

There are bad republicans, just like there are bad democrats, pointing one of them out isnt attacking the entire herd

Just now, susieice said:

LOL I have to prove my opinion? How are you going to dig up my opinions? You have no ability to think for yourself! We're done now.

You said there were statements.  THAT IS NOT AN OPINION.  If you say the statements are there, that's a statement.  Not opinion.  Do we need to start posting definitions.  So, you said hateful statements were made, as a matter of fact, so let's see them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, susieice said:

LOL I have to prove my opinion? How are you going to dig up my opinions? You have no ability to think for yourself! We're done now.

You made a statement of fact yet cant provide evidence for that fact............ truly this highlights perfectly what is wrong with our nation today. 

Reality matters, truth matters, facts matter.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

You made a statement of fact yet cant provide evidence for that fact............ truly this highlights perfectly what is wrong with our nation today. 

Reality matters, truth matters, facts matter.

And I stated what I personally think. It doesn't need evidence. It isn't a crime to think for yourself.