Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump really like a dictator?

F3SS

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The thing that bugs me is that he is setting precedence.  You know both Republicans and Democrats alike are going to continue doing anything that we let Trump get away with now.  It's why you have to keep diligence up constantly.

Take the whole press pass thing for instance.  If precedence is set that the president can remove press people that are critical of him or he dislikes personally, do you think we will see anyone from Fox News with a press pass during a Democrat presidency? 

One lone judge reversed his decision and he complied. How is that anywhere near dictatorial or authoritarian? Besides, he didn't revoke "the press" or even CNN. He revoked one unruly individual. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

One lone judge reversed his decision and he complied. How is that anywhere near dictatorial or authoritarian? Besides, he didn't revoke "the press" or even CNN. He revoked one unruly individual. 

He was talking about doing it to others.  Acosta getting his pass back put an effective stop on that for now.

6 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I've seen most of that in the media.  I wouldn't call many of those items on the list accomplishments though. 

Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade?  He's just taking credit for things that happened these last two years.  Unless he did some Federal Hispanic Home Buying Assistance program that no one knows about.  Half of the "accomplishments" are like this.  Might as well put, "Gromdor got his highest score ever on Candy Crush in nearly a decade." on the list.

Opened up the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge to energy exploration?  That seems to be a negative to me.

Eh, I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

We're not talking about private citizens. If we were I could post just as many hateful things coming from the right.

The accusation was that democrat leaders call all republicans nazis.

So now, confronted with the very evidence you demanded, you move the goalposts to "Democratic leaders" instead of what Susieice actually said, which was "Democrats."

Epic fail.

Harte

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He was talking about doing it to others.  Acosta getting his pass back put an effective stop on that for now.

Acosta got his pass back temporarily and that was based on the 5th amendment, not the 1st.

Previous administrations actually had set a process for rescinding press passes and that process was not followed in this case.

The process for rescinding does not involve the Justice system.  Watch Trump start the process the next time Acosta acts like an idiot.

Harte

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Authoritarians are in full control. So which is it? Is he in full control of everything or not? 

I was using the word as an adjective, not a noun. Clearly.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Seems that Obama was worse at it then Trump. Again, never mentioned in the Liberal Media.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Seems that Obama was worse at it then Trump. Again, never mentioned in the Liberal Media.

The Obama person was a protester who gatecrashed and interrupted a speech - no one was even asking Obama questions. And not only were they not a journalist, they weren't even in the country legally. Obama didn't silence the press there, he called for the removal of an activist - like all people do when activists pull such stunts.

It is ridiculous to try to equate the two scenarios. They aren't even close to being comparable.

Also, it was widely reported in the "Liberal Media".

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The Obama person was a protester who gatecrashed and interrupted a speech - no one was even asking Obama questions. And not only were they not a journalist, they weren't even in the country legally. Obama didn't silence the press there, he called for the removal of an activist - like all people do when activists pull such stunts.

It is ridiculous to try to equate the two scenarios. They aren't even close to being comparable.

You fail to mention that Obama kicked 3 reporters off of Air Force One just because they endorsed John McCain.

You also failed to mention how Obama used the FBI to take Fox Reporter James Rosen's notes & emails on North Korea.

The list goes on. But then , "He's Barrack Obama and not Donald Trump."

• Like 3

Not like a dictator at all.   That is what the left uses to instill fear in their voters.   It is the democrats go to plan.   Fear.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So it’s okay for journalists to pull stunts that interrupt press conferences?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Harte said:

So now, confronted with the very evidence you demanded, you move the goalposts to "Democratic leaders" instead of what Susieice actually said, which was "Democrats."

Epic fail.

Harte

Did anyone really think we were talking about individuals and not the leaders, in a thread about dictators? Why on earth would that even be a topic of conversation? Thats simply idiotic.

Edited by Farmer77

9 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He's authoritarian, which is the road to dictatorship.

Yes he is, like ALL Presidents, the Authoritarian in charge of the Executive Branch. The President as one Man/Woman is granted many sole Powers via the Constitution whereas the other two Branches of Government (Judiciary, Legislative) are bodies of people. So yes the President as a single Man/Woman is granted Authoritarian Powers within his/her Executive Branch of the Government. This is nothing new. The Federal Government was constructed in the Constitution to be this way. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Agent0range said:

You made a claim.  You refuse to back it up.  You can't just say things without providing justification.  End of conversation.  Go to bed.

Seriously, save yourself the effort with that one. Chalk it up to another child left behind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's not exactly " ll duce "  but very  close to being Just the fact that he became the president tells much about America the land of opportunities where almost anyone with enough cash and a good name can become the next president. I Wish Michael Jordan would run for president

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Did anyone really think we were talking about individuals and not the leaders, in a thread about dictators? Why on earth would that even be a topic of conversation? Thats simply idiotic.

It's not the topic.

It was a post you responded to, and now you have to move the goalposts or admit you are just knee-jerking in response to anything Trump.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harte said:

It was a post you responded to, and now you have to move the goalposts or admit you are just knee-jerking in response to anything Trump.

Or just laugh at the idiocy. :tu:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Or just laugh at the idiocy. :tu:

Well, you should have just laughed instead of putting your foot in your mouth.

Or perhaps read more closely posts you want to refute.

Harte

• Thanks 2

Just now, Harte said:

Or perhaps read more closely posts you want to refute.

You do have a point there. Had I realized the comment was about the average citizen I would have fully treated it with the respect it deserved.

Considering someone came in soon after and laid out actual democrat leadership names I really thought we were all on the same page.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

He's not exactly " ll duce "  but very  close to being Just the fact that he became the president tells much about America the land of opportunities where almost anyone with enough cash and a good name can become the next president. I Wish Michael Jordan would run for president

I agree that it is a bit sad.  Both parties nominated extremely flawed people who were only there because of their names, sex or money.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree that it is a bit sad.  Both parties nominated extremely flawed people who were only there because of their names, sex or money.

Oh, I also miss the good old days of American politics when a democrat nominee was a Democrat and the republican nominee was a Republican.

These days it reminds me of a post apocalyptic movie where the survivors come across a stash of canned food with all the labels gone...

"Oooh, what in the hell am I getting myself into?" :blink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not from the US, i'm from eastern Canada and I would say that Trump is a lot more transparent than our selfie boy Prime Minister ... at least Trump say what he think and what he wanna do... Between the drunk uncle Trump and Hilarious Clinton.. not much of a choice you had at the last election.

Maybe it's not good for America but at least it's not under a cover of lies and deception.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 17.11.2018 at 4:36 AM, Farmer77 said:

Same with the use of the term "enemy of the people" , should we wholly ignore the historical connotations of that term? No of course we shouldnt. If Trump doesnt want to be compared to dictators he should stop using the terminology of dictators.

Exactly. As I said already, he is constantly using a lot of rhetorical stuff that has been used by the well known German monsters starting 85 years ago, "enemy of the people/Volksfeind" and "Fake News/Lügenpresse", for example. This kind of rotten rhetoric has been used by AH/Goebbels and others very successful to expand and to fix the bunch of their supporters for the reason of absolute power and control. Its the very same modus operandi that I see in the US since the clown took over the office.

The terms "enemy of the people/Volksfeind" and "Fake News/Lügenpresse" are not just words and thats the very dangerous fact here. By the use of these terms, individuals who got designated as such seem to have lost all their democratic rights and dont deserve to get heard within the system anymore, their options become irrelevant. And there is another diabolic effect by the use of such rhetoric and terms. They are not limited to the top-down (government>citizens) way of message, they also develop a very toxic momentum at the base of a population which will lead to more and more division of the population itself. And thats how fascism works, the blueprint is well known and it has been tested with success already.

Edited by toast
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, toast said:

Exactly. As I said already, he is constantly using a lot of rhetorical stuff that has been used by the well known German monsters starting 85 years ago, "enemy of the people/Volksfeind" and "Fake News/Lügenpresse", for example. This kind of rotten rhetoric has been used by AH/Goebbels and others very successful to expand and to fix the bunch of their supporters for the reason of absolute power and control. Its the very same modus operandi that I see in the US since the clown took over the office.

The terms "enemy of the people/Volksfeind" and "Fake News/Lügenpresse" are not just words and thats the very dangerous fact here. By the use of these terms, individuals who got designated as such seem to have lost all their democratic rights and dont deserve to get heard within the system anymore, their options become irrelevant. And there is another diabolic effect by the use of such rhetoric and terms. They are not limited to the top-down (government>citizens) way of message, they also develop a very toxic momentum at the base of a population which will lead to more and more division of the population itself. And thats how fascism works, the blueprint is well known and it has been tested with success already.

Good god!  How is it that the left...full of tolerance and compassion...cannot seem to help themselves from referring to Republican Presidents as... hitler ....

You people seem to forget something.   Hitler's rise was due to a deep ingrained hatred of the Jews.  Everything Hitler did was catalyst by his hatred of the Jews.

So...catch phrases don't mean a damn thing.  Why can't you just be honest and say you hate Trump because Hillary lost the election which your Fake News Media told you was in the bag?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1