Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump really like a dictator?

F3SS

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Having a bad Monday are we?

It has been made very clear that his actions, while childish, were NOT making fun of the persons disability.  

I'd still much rather have a transparent Trump (even if involuntary) than a conniving Hillary.   I would still agree that the choices in 2016 were the worst ever.  

Is there any other kind of Mondays? :D Seriously, Trump can disgust people on Fridays too. 

I believe you're right about the bolded part.

Let me repeat right away that it's clear he was making fun of journalist's disability. Trying to invent an excuse for inexcusable behaviour only breeds more inexcusable situations.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Is there any other kind of Mondays? :D Seriously, Trump can disgust people on Fridays too. 

I believe you're right about the bolded part.

Let me repeat right away that it's clear he was making fun of journalist's disability. Trying to invent an excuse for inexcusable behaviour only breeds more inexcusable situations.

No it is not.   That was proven earlier in this thread when it was shown that he had done this many times in the past.   It's a stupid thing he does.  I wish he wouldn't, but it wasn't intentionally making fun of the disability.   He should know better though. 

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

No it is not.   That was proven earlier in this thread when it was shown that he had done this many times in the past.   It's a stupid thing he does.  I wish he wouldn't, but it wasn't intentionally making fun of the disability.   He should know better though. 

I think it's pretty clear that a certain segment of the population desperately requires the opposite to have been true to justify their irrational dislike of Trump.  So far two people at least (maybe more) have dismissed the fairly obvious proof of this being a long-standing behavior as "excuses".

Trying to make their own reality by repetition, I suppose.

Edited by Socks Junior
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree with you on that. 

In my opinion, which is obviously different than yours, Trump is extremely childish person. But even children know we do not behave the same in playground and in formal occasions. So, immature as he is, Trump should still know he must control his weird gesticulation when in public.

All right, I'm done for today, I'd love to quarrel some more but it'll have to wait.

And I'm seriously glad we found few things we in fact agree on.   

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Socks Junior said:

I think it's pretty clear that a certain segment of the population desperately requires the opposite to have been true to justify their irrational dislike of Trump.  So far two people at least (maybe more) have dismissed the fairly obvious proof of this being a long-standing behavior as "excuses".

I wouldn't say to dislike him is irrational.   In fact I think he is a bit of an idiot.   He gives plenty of stuff to make fun of him for.  It bugs me when things are made up or taken out of context on purpose to make a story out of it.   Like the gang interview.   The Mexican interview.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I wouldn't say to dislike him is irrational.   In fact I think he is a bit of an idiot.   He gives plenty of stuff to make fun of him for.  It bugs me when things are made up or taken out of context on purpose to make a story out of it.   Like the gang interview.   The Mexican interview.  

I agree that there are plenty of rational reasons to dislike Trump! I don't like Trump either.  And I think there are plenty of reasons.  It's just silly how people cling to the - as you said - made up/out of context/etcetera details. Just provides fuel to the "fake news" fire.  Better get out the rakes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Socks Junior said:

As I said earlier, dislike of Trump is not irrational in itself. But inventing reasons to bolster that dislike is.

Is there not plenty enough to dislike without making stuff up?

The refreshing thing about this guy is that he is actually making a strong effort (and succeeding, so far,) to keep the promises he ran on.

If you didn't like those ideas, then you wouldn't like Trump anyway, for those tangible reasons.

Harte

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Harte said:

Yes, when you freeze frame it at a particular point and show it side-by-side then claim he's mocking a person's disability, which he wasn't.

I think you're missing my point. He has been mocking that disability his entire life, not just that night, we agree on that.

Him doing that his entire life doesnt change the fact that he also did it when discussing someone with a disability that looks like the motions he was mimicking. Whether intentional, or nefarious, it happened.

Reporting that isnt fake news.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think you're missing my point. He has been mocking that disability his entire life, not just that night, we agree on that.

Him doing that his entire life doesnt change the fact that he also did it when discussing someone with a disability that looks like the motions he was mimicking. Whether intentional, or nefarious, it happened.

Wait, I think you just crossed the event horizon into absurdity. Trump has been mocking arthrogryposis, specifically, his entire life?

Do you even think these things through before you say them?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Socks Junior said:

Wait, I think you just crossed the event horizon into absurdity. Trump has been mocking arthrogryposis, specifically, his entire life?

Do you even think these things through before you say them?

He has been mocking disabilities that look like the classic "retard" motion we all made back in the 80's. This time it bit Trump in the ass because he was talking about a man with a disability that actually looks like that.

If you have to break into actual diagnoses and symptomology you're definitely working too hard to justify the man's behavior. :tu: 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It's what he considers to be discombobulation. You have to listen to what he's saying. You know, context.

And the disability you mean here I assume is some sort of a spastic disorder? The reporter doesn't suffer from that. There's that context again.

Harte

2 minutes ago, Harte said:

And the disability you mean here I assume is some sort of a spastic disorder? The reporter doesn't suffer from that. There's that context again.

Sigh....man you people are sad....... sure his hand isnt contracted  causing a limited range of motion resulting in motions that look the same as the one Trump contorted his arm to make. Sure thats reality :tu:

As i said above if you need to dive into actual medical diagnoses and symptomology to justify your guy's behavior you're probably working too hard

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sigh....man you people are sad....... sure his hand isnt contracted  causing a limited range of motion resulting in motions that look the same as the one Trump contorted his arm to make. Sure thats reality :tu:

As i said above if you need to dive into actual medical diagnoses and symptomology to justify your guy's behavior you're probably working too hard

You didn't even watch the vid, did you.

That's a still shot of Trump spazzing out imitating a reporter when the reported learned he was wrong. That particular still is chosen because in that instant, Trump's hand happens to be in a position similar to what the reporter suffers. Trump didn't "contort" anything.

Harte

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

He has been mocking disabilities that look like the classic "retard" motion we all made back in the 80's. This time it bit Trump in the ass because he was talking about a man with a disability that actually looks like that.

If you have to break into actual diagnoses and symptomology you're definitely working too hard to justify the man's behavior. :tu: 

You could have just said no, you don't think these things through.

Who gives a care about facts, right? I think at this point you have to be making fun of rabid anti-Trump sentiment, because I refuse to believe anyone lacks this much self-awareness.

So, good job. It's an important task and I'm glad you're doing it. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Are you trying to twist my words into the complete opposite of what I've said? 

Who taught you to do that? It's dishonest and it backfires, every time. 

Ah, did someone hit a nerve my dear sweet (and never annoying) Helen?  You don't like it when someone twists your words, eh?  You have no problem reacting with venom when it is done to you.  Sweet Venom at it were.

Consider for a moment please that, Trump is doing the same damn thing!  He is reacting to a Press Corp that twists everything he says.  He is reacting to a Corrupt Judicial System that is doing it's best to destroy him with lies and innuendo.  

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  :wub:

25 minutes ago, Socks Junior said:

Who gives a care about facts, right?

Holy hell someone just said those words out loud to defend Trump :lol: ........theres this thing called self awareness you should really look into it :tu:

All joking aside I just dont think this is an issue that has an absolute factual answer (which really was where I started this whole thing). You cant factually say what was in Trumps mind at the moment and neither can I.

Edited by Farmer77

You already said what was in his mind. And you asserted it as fact.

Harte

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

You already said what was in his mind. And you asserted it as fact.

Harte

I said what I thought was in his mind. I also said there is no way to prove it. 

I did say it was a fact that his motions mimicked the man, whether intentional or not, they did.

Waving goodbye mimics the man too.

Wait...

Nobody leave!

Harte

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harte said:

Waving goodbye mimics the man too.

Wait...

Nobody leave!

Harte

working......too.......hard

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

working......too.......hard

Thinking...too...little.

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Holy hell someone just said those words out loud to defend Trump :lol: ........theres this thing called self awareness you should really look into it :tu:

All joking aside I just dont think this is an issue that has an absolute factual answer (which really was where I started this whole thing). You cant factually say what was in Trumps mind at the moment and neither can I.

That's the funny part, yes. The mirroring of Trump's behavior by those who clutch their pearls at whatever he does.

12 hours ago, joc said:

Ah, did someone hit a nerve my dear sweet (and never annoying) Helen?  You don't like it when someone twists your words, eh?  You have no problem reacting with venom when it is done to you.  Sweet Venom at it were.

Consider for a moment please that, Trump is doing the same damn thing!  He is reacting to a Press Corp that twists everything he says.  He is reacting to a Corrupt Judicial System that is doing it's best to destroy him with lies and innuendo.  

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  :wub:

Aw, thank you, auntie's little sunshine. *squeezes your cheek*

Unfortunately, no one's twisting Trump's words. He does that himself. Together with the rest of the world, I can hear and read his word salads, daily. In fact, if it was my job to spin the horrors he spouts into something socially, politically and logically acceptable, I'd quit... no, wait, I wouldn't even try. 

Which makes me wonder why they (the supposed adults around Trump) don't take his (unsecured, by the way) phone away and force him to stick to the approved speeches. Because people who unconditionally support Trump will believe in outlandish excuses, but no one else will. We know what we heard and read. Directly from Trump himself. 

Posing as an expert in everything, he reveals himself as astonishingly below average in anything. 

One of the latest examples: mixing up Baltic and Balkan. Sure, you can mix those up, why not, but POTUS cannot. And it wasn't sudden mean journalist asking something so esoteric, it was Trump meeting prime ministers of Baltic states and attempted scolding them for starting war in ex-Yugoslavia. Which was in Balkan, at the virtually opposite side of Europe. And Trump's current wife is from Slovenia. Which is borderline Balkan. 

I mean... not only he didn't bother looking up who he's meeting anyway, it also turns out he never bothered remembering anything about his own current wife's home. 

And that's just one random example that clearly shows Trump is a potential dictator. So narcissist he obviously believes he needs no advice, no effort, because in his mind only his opinion matters and only his opinion is enough. 

It's not.

If you absolutely want totalitarianism, at least find someone less laughable. 

No, wait... on a second thought, you made the right choice. King Merdas is incapable of doing anything right, so you actually saved the democracy by accepting him as the leader of the isolationist and authoritarian option. In this current historic moment when totalitarians are clawing back to legality, if not power itself, it was very nice, albeit accidental, of you. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I mean... not only he didn't bother looking up who he's meeting anyway, it also turns out he never bothered remembering anything about his own current wife's home. 

And that's just one random example that clearly shows Trump is a potential dictator. So narcissist he obviously believes he needs no advice, no effort, because in his mind only his opinion matters and only his opinion is enough. 

I totally disagree.  

Does he speak when he shouldn't?  -  Yes

Should his social media be filtered? - Yes

Is he egotistical? - Yes

Is he transparent? - Yes

Is he trying to help the country with some issues... economy, illegal immigrants, unfair trade? - Yes

Does the media make a habit of twisting, editing and taking things out of context? - Yes

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I totally disagree.  

Of course. But you do that in civilized manner, which makes you too a better potential diplomat than Trump. He seems childishly happy with his empty threats and random insults, like he truly believes professional diplomats and/or politicians were wasting time for few thousand years of acting carefully in excruciating efforts to avoid confrontations. Wars happen when diplomacy fails. Trump doesn't even understand why it is so or - what's truly disgusting - why is that wrong. 

Does he speak when he shouldn't?  -  Yes

Should his social media be filtered? - Yes

Is he egotistical? - Yes

Is he transparent? - Yes

We agree on these points.  

Is he trying to help the country with some issues... economy, illegal immigrants, unfair trade? - Yes

I admit it could even look like that in his head. But in not just mine, but also in the opinion of people much more experienced and qualified than me, he is destroying both your economy and your reputation. Your economy is one of the largest in the world, it takes time to change its trends. But 'easy to win' trade wars will turn out to be impossible to win, and though they'll hurt everyone involved, it is your country that profited from all the 'unfairness'. By destroying the trade deals Trump actually sawed off the branch you were economically sitting on. Destroyed the trust in you as a business partner too. He wouldn't know what trust is, but among civilized people it's very important thing. And you'll either have to accept legal immigration or lose agriculture for example, facing the fact that immigrants are so often illegal simply because employers prefer illegals, cheaper and with no protection from the law. And so on. He's destroying you. Like he destroyed every business of his. Except the one with the Russians, but he's not calling any shots in that one. 

Does the media make a habit of twisting, editing and taking things out of context? - Yes

You can't really twist and edit his monumental mistakes into anything worse. Another random example that deeply horrified my part of the world: Trump suddenly started babbling about dangerous Montenegro, how it would be bad if they started a war and NATO had to react. Your president was parroting Russian official propaganda, verbatim. It cannot be put in or out any context that could make that, one of thousands of examples, seem as anything else. 

To sum it up, I respect your opinion and I'm aware we look at him from different perspectives. I apologize for commenting on your domestic situation, which must be much clearer to you than it is to me. All I want is to implore, literally, that you take an objective look at that man and the damage he's doing to your country, internationally. It does not mean that you should take my opinion as any sort of guidance, it simply means that you can, if you want to, inform yourself from variety of sources and see for yourself who sits in the seat usually reserved for the president of your country.  

If you read my post all the way to the end - yes, I'm finally done - I thank you for your patience :lol: No, seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1