Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
F3SS

Is Trump really like a dictator?

374 posts in this topic

Agent0range
Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Sure, oh faceless one. What ever you say.

Hey, if you want me to skype with you tomorrow, I will.  I'll even put a uniform on for you, and have my shadow box in my lap.  Will that float your boat?  I'm betting it might!  I will 100% Skype with you, that shadow box I posted in hand.  Give me a time tomorrow afternoon, PM me for a screen name.  I will not be called a fake Veteran.  I am not a fan of stolen valor, and I am willing to do that.  Skype, Google Hangouts, whatever.  The ball is in your court.

• Like 3

Agent0range
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I just  reading an article by the author of this book and Hammerclaw's antics here made me think of it

Troll Nation: How The Right Became Trump-Worshipping Monsters Set On Rat-****ing Liberals, America, and Truth Itself

He's just jealous.  Serving in the military was the best thing I have done in my life.  I am willing the bet the best thing he has done doesn't even come close to that.  I legit want to video chat with him, and hold my shadow box, so he can call me a fake Veteran to my pixelated face.

• Like 3

Farmer77
Just now, Agent0range said:

He's just jealous.  Serving in the military was the best thing I have done in my life.  I am willing the bet the best thing he has done doesn't even come close to that.  I legit want to video chat with him, and hold my shadow box, so he can call me a fake Veteran to my pixelated face.

Ya know at first I thought you were playing into the troll's hands but I think I like your style here.

• Haha 1

susieice

Ya know at first I thought you were playing into the troll's hands but I think I like your style here.

Are you calling me a troll?

Hammerclaw
12 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Hey, if you want me to skype with you tomorrow, I will.  I'll even put a uniform on for you, and have my shadow box in my lap.  Will that float your boat?  I'm betting it might!  I will 100% Skype with you, that shadow box I posted in hand.  Give me a time tomorrow afternoon, PM me for a screen name.  I will not be called a fake Veteran.  I am not a fan of stolen valor, and I am willing to do that.  Skype, Google Hangouts, whatever.  The ball is in your court.

Well, that sounds legit. I've run into too many fakes on the web and real life to just take anyone's word, anonymously. If you're willing to do that, I'll just take your word, with apologies. My cousins served in the 82d and 101st in the same time period. One of them chewed on some of the same turf you did.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Farmer77
Just now, susieice said:

Are you calling me a troll?

No I was referring to Hammerclaw.

I dont think you're a troll, just misled and maybe confused a little :P

• Thanks 1

susieice
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No I was referring to Hammerclaw.

I dont think you're a troll, just misled and maybe confused a little :P

No. Not at all. Am I demanding a link about myself because someone thinks they know everything about me, including where I'm from, and that I'm not entitled to my opinions? Can you link my opinions? Use your head Farmer.

Edited by susieice

Farmer77
1 minute ago, susieice said:

Can you link my opinions?

No I cant. You however began that interaction with a statement of fact. Then when challenged you backed up and said it was your opinion.

I and many Americans are particularly sensitive to that type of reasoning in this day and age when people honestly believe "alternative facts" are a thing.

• Like 1

Hammerclaw

It's been getting too ugly here, lately. I'll jerk someone's chain and gauge their response to determine if they're on the up-and-up. AO passed muster. We Americans need to tone down the rhetoric and be more civil to one another. Politics don't mean nothin', but people do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

susieice

No I cant. You however began that interaction with a statement of fact. Then when challenged you backed up and said it was your opinion.

I and many Americans are particularly sensitive to that type of reasoning in this day and age when people honestly believe "alternative facts" are a thing.

I stated my opinion. Read again. Are you saying people can't say they can agree with some of what's being said and not necessarily all of it? You may agree with some points from each side. The ability to reason and form our own thoughts is what makes us human.

• Like 1

Agent0range
10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, that sounds legit. I've run into too many fakes on the web and real life to just take anyone's word, anonymously. If you're willing to do that, I'll just take your word, with apologies. My cousins served in the 82d and 101st in the same time period. One of them chewed on some of the same turf you did.

Apology accepted.  I served with both.  The 82nd came in to serve as our mortar team, because our artillery was causing too much collateral damage in Baghdad.  The 101st was in control of the Kunar Province in Afghanistan when we were there.  I also deployed as a civilian under the 101st.  They were in control of all operations in Northern Afghanistan out of Bagram in 2010.

• Thanks 1

Hammerclaw
1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Apology accepted.  I served with both.  The 82nd came in to serve as our mortar team, because our artillery was causing too much collateral damage in Baghdad.  The 101st was in control of the Kunar Province in Afghanistan when we were there.  I also deployed as a civilian under the 101st.  They were in control of all operations in Northern Afghanistan out of Bagram in 2010.

That was Kevin's TO. Joy retired after fifteen years from the 82d to take care of his wife who later died. Kevin stayed on for twenty years before opting out.  

• Like 1

Farmer77
2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I stated my opinion. Read again.

This is what I and others are saying was a statement of fact.

I've heard hateful words come out of Democrats also.

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I stated my opinion. Read again. Are you saying people can't say they can agree with some of what's being said and not necessarily all of it? You may agree with some points from each side. The ability to reason and form our own thoughts is what makes us human.

Of course not. Im actually registered Independent and this last election was the first that I voted a party line since 2004. Sadly this year was more of a vote against Trumpians than it was for any particular candidates.

Agent0range
4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That was Kevin's TO. Joy retired after fifteen years from the 82d to take care of his wife who later died. Kevin stayed on for twenty years before opting out.  

I would have loved to have done 20.  I loved the job.  I just couldn't anymore.  I deployed 2 months after basic training for a year as a newlywed.  I was home for a year and deployed when my daughter was 2 weeks old for 15 months.  Home for another year, and deployed again when my son was 2 months old for a year.  It was just too fast and furious.  I would leave when my kids were infants and come home when they were walking and talking.  Both of them.  I just couldn't not be there anymore.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

susieice
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

This is what I and others are saying was a statement of fact.

Of course not. Im actually registered Independent and this last election was the first that I voted a party line since 2004. Sadly this year was more of a vote against Trumpians than it was for any particular candidates.

I have heard hateful things come from Democrats. That's in my opinion. I didn't like what I heard. I also don't agree with everything they say. I feel the same way about Republicans sometimes. I should say, I'm not an extremist left or right. I formulate my own opinions.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hammerclaw
1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

I would have loved to have done 20.  I loved the job.  I just couldn't anymore.  I deployed 2 months after basic training for a year as a newlywed.  I was home for a year and deployed when my daughter was 2 weeks old for 15 months.  Home for another year, and deployed again when my son was 2 months old for a year.  It was just too fast and furious.  I would leave when my kids were infants and come home when they were walking and talking.  Both of them.  I just couldn't not be there anymore.  

Kevin hated the Army, so, of course, turned out to be a great soldier. It sounds trite, but it made a man out of him and his brother. Both were poor kids with not much in the way of a future and the Army gave them one. 

Tatetopa
2 hours ago, susieice said:

My area is pretty moderate Democrat. I've voted both ways. Back in my day, we didn't have all this nonsense that goes on today. That's how it just went also. Now to see who all lied.

I miss those days.

• Like 2

susieice
Just now, Tatetopa said:

I miss those days.

Me too!

and then
2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Ahhh, but here's the thing.  You feel free to speak your mind about religion and politics, which just so happens to be the same views your leader wants you to spew.  Myself, however, gets told by my "leader" everyday that I am a horrible person because I am a Democrat.  How many negative things does he say about Democrats?  My personal beliefs are demonized daily by Trump.  Here is the true difference.  When a Democrat was President, did you feel that you couldn't speak your mind?  Did a Democrat tell you that you were a bad person for your beliefs?  If so, show the source.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/may/20/obama-doj-james-rosen-criminality

https://mobile.wnd.com/2017/03/superstar-reporter-describes-obamas-creepy-spying-on-her/

You support a party that wants open borders and forcing taxpayers to pay the freight for all these unemployable "migrants".  The same party wants "free" college for all and "free" healthcare.  And the current rhetoric of "counting every vote" has become a dog whistle for counting even provisional ballots that haven't been proven to be valid at all.  In short, your party is on a path to dissolving our nation and trump isn't even harsh enough in laying criticism on it.

Gromdor
16 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I am mixed on it.  I had just re-upped when Clinton started the downsizing.  My AFSC (MOS to grunts) was top heavy.  It was a column instead of a pyramid when it came to the ranks.  Got offered 15 grand and full GI bill benefits to leave.  Thought about it a bit and ended up taking the money and heading to the nearest college town.  I missed the travel- getting England as a first duty base at 17 was a blast.  Even being stuck in Saudi during the Gulf War was interesting for me.  If I had stayed in, I would have had my 20 (or 30)  done, but I would have missed out on the college experience, meeting the wife, and the last few decades of my construction career.  

• Like 1

Minimalists

Trump a dictator? Nah! His administration is more like a reality TV show gone bad....And we are waiting for the network to cancel it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Minimalists
4 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Amen brother! From one veteran to another.

ExpandMyMind

He's authoritarian, which is the road to dictatorship.

• Like 1

Gromdor
20 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The thing that bugs me is that he is setting precedence.  You know both Republicans and Democrats alike are going to continue doing anything that we let Trump get away with now.  It's why you have to keep diligence up constantly.

Take the whole press pass thing for instance.  If precedence is set that the president can remove press people that are critical of him or he dislikes personally, do you think we will see anyone from Fox News with a press pass during a Democrat presidency? 

F3SS
23 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Authoritarians are in full control. So which is it? Is he in full control of everything or not?