Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
F3SS

Is Trump really like a dictator?

374 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tatetopa
22 minutes ago, aztek said:

well he build world wide real estate empire doing what he does.  so it works. i guarantee you 1\2 or more of ceo\cfo\exec.. behave in exactly the same way.  it takes that kind of people to build companies and empires.

Have you been around a lot of CEO's?  It takes a lot of ego, a lot of drive, and to get past a family business it takes the ability to pick intelligent, skilled subordinates that you can trust  to work toward the goals of the corporation.  Delegation is key to large mega- corporatrions. A single individual cannot run Exxon Mobil which was about 100 times the size of Trump Enterprises.  A single man cannot run a country that is 100,000 times as large as Exxon Mobil.  NOBODY is that smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aztek
Just now, Tatetopa said:

Have you been around a lot of CEO's?

actually yes, i work in corporate world for 20 years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonFire22

A dictator-wannabe! Trump knows he still has ways to go to get there. But he is trying very hard to destroy the Democracy any way he can now.

 

 

Is he A DICTATOR now? OF COURSE NOT YET, but if we let him, want to see how bad he will get?

Nobody knows for sure, BUT..,. I don't know how The Right can know for sure Trump won't be like that EXCEPT for the extreme bias and partisanship that's telling you The Left gotta be wrong about him? Or, maybe the Left AREN'T wrong about him, the future is just a hard thing to see for certain...

F&*K, let's please NOT go there!!! STOP him before it's too late!

 

 

Edited by DragonFire22
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
18 hours ago, F3SS said:

So courts are never wrong and all judges rulings are supreme and final? Sounds like something you would say.

Sure thats exactly what I said :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, F3SS said:

In just one judge's opinion and those matters often go to the SC where the ruling may or may not stand.

Youre correct, it absolutely could go to the SC , where the ruling may or may not stand. Until the SC overturns the lower court ruling however the reality is that whatever it was that brought them to court was declared illegal.

Thats the checks and balances at work. The way it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, DragonFire22 said:

A dictator-wannabe! Trump knows he still has ways to go to get there. But he is trying very hard to destroy the Democracy any way he can now.

 

 

Is he A DICTATOR now? OF COURSE NOT YET, but if we let him, want to see how bad he will get?

Nobody knows for sure, BUT..,. I don't know how The Right can know for sure Trump won't be like that EXCEPT for the extreme bias and partisanship that's telling you The Left gotta be wrong about him? Or, maybe the Left AREN'T wrong about him, the future is just a hard thing to see for certain...

F&*K, let's please NOT go there!!! STOP him before it's too late!

 

 

we do not know if you wont commit a murder tomorrow, better lock you up today before it is too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

Yay a new loose cannon who cant post without cussing. Joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
8 hours ago, aztek said:

we do not know if you wont commit a murder tomorrow, better lock you up today before it is too late

I saw that movie.

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
3 hours ago, Harte said:

I saw that movie.

Harte

Minority Report.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
On 12/26/2018 at 10:53 PM, DragonFire22 said:

A dictator-wannabe! Trump knows he still has ways to go to get there. But he is trying very hard to destroy the Democracy any way he can now.

 

 

Is he A DICTATOR now? OF COURSE NOT YET, but if we let him, want to see how bad he will get?

Nobody knows for sure, BUT..,. I don't know how The Right can know for sure Trump won't be like that EXCEPT for the extreme bias and partisanship that's telling you The Left gotta be wrong about him? Or, maybe the Left AREN'T wrong about him, the future is just a hard thing to see for certain...

F&*K, let's please NOT go there!!! STOP him before it's too late!

 

 

"We're all gonna die!"    One word, Dragon dude...  delusional! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

"We're all gonna die!"    One word, Dragon dude...  delusional! 

I would say the word is patriotic.

Even if you love Trump you have to step back and look at the long term welfare of the nation and this dude pretty clearly does not give a damn about checks and balances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I would say the word is patriotic.

Even if you love Trump you have to step back and look at the long term welfare of the nation and this dude pretty clearly does not give a damn about checks and balances.

Farmer, *I* care about checks and balances.  This country is not tending toward dictatorship any more than the moon is.

Not that long ago, the owner of Sam Adams breweries said good things about trumps revamped tax/trade laws that allowed his product to compete on an even playing field, Libs all over America spontaneously vowed to boycott Sam Adams products. *Those* wannabe's scare the crap out of me. Imagine if they actually do get power...? We'll be going the way of the Venezuela.

You know my sentiments on it... "socialist" and "dictator" go together like "ham and cheese". Long history of it.

Speaking of Maduro, you think liberals in here dislike him? He's a dictator, right?

but that's different. hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Farmer, *I* care about checks and balances.  This country is not tending toward dictatorship any more than the moon is.

 I would argue we have been for decades. This isnt a new thing with Trump he is simply the first to openly embrace the concepts and rhetoric that historically have been relegated to late night talk radio.

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Not that long ago, the owner of Sam Adams breweries said good things about trumps revamped tax/trade laws that allowed his product to compete on an even playing field, Libs all over America spontaneously vowed to boycott Sam Adams products. *Those* wannabe's scare the crap out of me. Imagine if they actually do get power...? We'll be going the way of the Venezuela.

IDK I dont know enough about that particular issue to comment.

I have personally started avoiding local businesses that publicly broadcast their affinity for Trump and it has nothing to do with republican vs democrat and everything to do with decency.

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Speaking of Maduro, you think liberals in here dislike him? He's a dictator, right?

Absolutely. He's an evil dictator. Why would you think liberals like him? Are you really serious with that or just trying out a talking point you heard somewhere?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Harte
7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

 I would argue we have been for decades. This isnt a new thing with Trump he is simply the first to openly embrace the concepts and rhetoric that historically have been relegated to late night talk radio.

Wait a minute.

Didn't you just say to look at the long view?

What you say here is exactly contrary to what historians say about the Presidency.

The fact is, the office has been stripped of many of its powers over the last 100 years.

Making up your own "facts" makes for a comfortable nest to hide in, doesn't it?

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

 I would argue we have been for decades. This isnt a new thing with Trump he is simply the first to openly embrace the concepts and rhetoric that historically have been relegated to late night talk radio.

IDK I dont know enough about that particular issue to comment.

I have personally started avoiding local businesses that publicly broadcast their affinity for Trump and it has nothing to do with republican vs democrat and everything to do with decency.

Absolutely. He's an evil dictator. Why would you think liberals like him? Are you really serious with that or just trying out a talking point you heard somewhere?

 

No I am not kidding.

Ask liberals in here what they think of little Kim, Castro, Chavez, and Maduro.

It's very clear that a socialist government is the one most tends toward dictatorship. Many libs in here are socialist even if they don't admit it publicly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No I am not kidding.

Ask liberals in here what they think of little Kim, Castro, Chavez, and Maduro.

It's very clear that a socialist government is the one most tends toward dictatorship. Many libs in here are socialist even if they don't admit it publicly

So youre incapable of separating socialist concepts from dictators who have used socialism. Hell ill admit im pro socialism on a certain level it really is just common sense. You have to be able to separate the desperate propaganda from corporate interests from the global realities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
12 hours ago, Harte said:

Wait a minute.

Didn't you just say to look at the long view?

What you say here is exactly contrary to what historians say about the Presidency.

The fact is, the office has been stripped of many of its powers over the last 100 years.

Making up your own "facts" makes for a comfortable nest to hide in, doesn't it?

Harte

Making up my own facts? Dear god can you not have a conversation without attempting to be condescending? I was really referring to the public's willingness to cheer on dictatorial behavior when "their guy" is in power. 

Did the historians youre talking about also examine the social movements that have been pushing political leadership to ignore the checks and balances of our government for decades now?

Did the historians youre talking about also examine the power a POTUS has with a subservient congress and the damage that can be done as a result?

Did they talk about the Clintonites cheering slick willy on to defy subpoenas or Bush supporters not flinching at his refusal to testify on the record about 9/11?

Did your historians examine the right wing Alex Jones/Michael Savage types who have spent the last 20 years telling their rather large followings that the government is illegitimate - ESPECIALLY the judiciary?

Hell since you didnt provide any links im gonna borrow from your condescending playbook and ask do the historians you're referencing even exist?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

You have to take the long view, which you simultaneously recommend and eschew.

That is, you have to get past the ersatz little old ladies clutching their (fake) pearls at everything Trump does because he's not liberal enough for them.

The War Powers Act is one example.

Here's a link to what eminent jurist Robert Bork had to say on that matter: Erosion of the President's Power in Foreign Affairs.

Washington post on the Judiciary eroding presidential power: link.

The Alien and Sedition Acts are another example of the erosion of Presidential power.

And then, of course, there is the term-limiting of the office of the President.

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, Harte said:

That is, you have to get past the ersatz little old ladies clutching their (fake) pearls at everything Trump does because he's not liberal enough for them.

Dude if you still believe thats what the opposition to Trump is about im not really sure what to tell you, youre simply being willfully ignorant . Being a prolific liar, a racist, a sexist , a demogogue, hurling insults and self promoting at every turn have nothing to with conservationism or left right politics at all.

 

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Here's a link to what eminent jurist Robert Bork had to say on that matter: Erosion of the President's Power in Foreign Affairs.

Well I do appreciate the citations but do you realize this is a paper from almost 30 years ago? IMO the Clintonites fundamentally changed American politics on a street level and it is their cult like tactics and behavior that we are seeing emulated by Trump and his Trumpians.

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Washington post on the Judiciary eroding presidential power: link.

Damn and this one is from 40 years ago.

Not that the legal realities laid out within have necessarily changed but the social aspects of the eras really cant be compared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

Didn't you recommend the long view?

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Harte said:

Didn't you recommend the long view?

Harte

Well I was thinking specifically of the long term damages in the future long term but point well taken.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas

I just had 2 bottles of verrrry good vine.

Question is: should I post anything or just go to bed?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
8 minutes ago, odas said:

I just had 2 bottles of verrrry good vine.

Question is: should I post anything or just go to bed?

Not just anything, post ALL the things!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
6 hours ago, odas said:

I just had 2 bottles of verrrry good vine.

Question is: should I post anything or just go to bed?

Have two bottles of vodka and think about it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Not just anything, post ALL the things!!!

Thank God I fell asleep before I did anything stupid. 

 

Good Morning everyone.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.