Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump really like a dictator?

F3SS

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You do have a point there. Had I realized the comment was about the average citizen I would have fully treated it with the respect it deserved.

Considering someone came in soon after and laid out actual democrat leadership names I really thought we were all on the same page.

You know, I actually get the dislike of Trump. I don't have it myself because he hasn't done anything to cause it yet.

I had high hopes for Obama, until he gave GM to the union, bypassing bondholders.

Same thing for Bill Clinton. I liked the guy when he was in the Gov of Arkansas. I was ready to listen to him - he seemed to be a fairly middle of the road Dem that I could put up with, but I didn't vote for him. And then he came out with his tax increases ("We didn't know how bad the problem was.")

Trump hasn't given me one of those moments yet.

He's embarrassing, I'll grant you that. But that's only by comparison, in my view. I think any non-politician that wins that office would be embarrassing to some degree.

I probably would if I became president. Like Trump, I talk like normal people.

Harte

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, joc said:

... How is it that the left...full of tolerance and compassion...

You are glued to the rhetoric I described already and you made yourself visible as one out of the bunch of remote-controlled marionettes who claim that everybody who dont agree is "left".

... cannot seem to help themselves from referring to Republican Presidents as... hitler ....

Read my post again. I didnt compared the clown with AH, I described that the clown is using the same kind of rhetoric as AH/Goebbels.

You people seem to forget something.   Hitler's rise was due to a deep ingrained hatred of the Jews.  Everything Hitler did was catalyst by his hatred of the Jews.

I forgot nothing and I think there no need to teach me in German history.

So...catch phrases don't mean a damn thing.  Why can't you just be honest and say you hate Trump

I dont hate the clown because I have no feelings for the clown but I`m still astonished that a great nation like the US allowed an idiot to run the office. Maybe because of ...

... because Hillary lost the election which your Fake News Media told you was in the bag?  

I dont care that Hillary lost the election but I would like to know from you what (German) Fake News Media told me that she made it and I would like to know how can you know what German News Media I normally follow. Go ahead ...

• Like 1

Well, maybe not specifically your fake news media. You probably have other fake news media over there that told you Trump was winning. :lol:

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, toast said:

I would like to know how can you know what German News Media I normally follow. Go ahead ...

Obviously...the overuse of the word....clown...in describing Trump....

when you compare someone to Goebbels you are indeed comparing him to Hitler and to try to play around that is ridiculously transparent.

Are you not equally astonished that such the great nation of Germany is now over run with Syrian refugees and the like?  Clean up your own backyard...and uh...see what you can do about your own Clown in Office.  Wait...I take that back...not a clown...a Puppet of Moscow...yeah, that's the ticket!

• Thanks 1

In the immortal words of the Merchant of Venom, Mr Warmth himself  ... " I feel like a Jew on a broken down bike in WW2 Germany "

~

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Obviously...the overuse of the word....clown...in describing Trump....

My personal description for #45 would not be in compliance to the forum rules, so I use "clown" instead.

when you compare someone to Goebbels you are indeed comparing him to Hitler and to try to play around that is ridiculously transparent.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you read my posts?

Are you not equally astonished that such the great nation of Germany is now over run with Syrian refugees and the like? 

From 2014 up until today ca. 800k refugees from Syria came to Germany, thats <1.0% of our population. Overrun? Do the math, genius. Nevertheless, Germany is still a much more safer place to stay than the US because we do not have morons running around with AR14s in schools and other public places and doing something weird.

Clean up your own backyard...and uh...see what you can do about your own Clown in Office. 

Merkel is running the show well and she has more IQ in her left big toe that the clown @ 1600 Penn in the vacuum below his wig ("Belgium is a wonderful city"). Its easy to evaluate: he is an estate agent and she has a PhD in physics.

Wait...I take that back...not a clown...a Puppet of Moscow...yeah, that's the ticket!

Your cold war dad rhetoric is boring and outdated, try something new, its 2018. BTW, the first trade relations between Russia and Germany started roughly 1100 years ago, means centuries before the USA came into existence, so whats your problem?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, toast said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you read my posts?

I did indeed.

8 hours ago, toast said:

Exactly. As I said already, he is constantly using a lot of rhetorical stuff that has been used by the well known German monsters starting 85 years ago, "enemy of the people/Volksfeind" and "Fake News/Lügenpresse", for example. This kind of rotten rhetoric has been used by AH/Goebbels and others very successful to expand and to fix the bunch of their supporters for the reason of absolute power and control. Its the very same modus operandi that I see in the US since the clown took over the office.

If you are comparing his rhetoric to the rhetoric of the German Nazi's...and you are...then you are comparing him by default to the German Nazi's.   You can't see that?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, joc said:

I did indeed.

If you are comparing his rhetoric to the rhetoric of the German Nazi's...and you are...then you are comparing him by default to the German Nazi's.   You can't see that?

His reality, his "truth" is what HE SAYS it is and how dare you question?  :w00t:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, joc said:

The question is, can't you see how ridiculous it is to go back at Goebbels in 21st century? 

Everyone sane is noticing that Trump is obviously trying to borrow the pages from 1930's Nazi book. It's Trump's fault that he's trying to act like a Nazi, not the fault of those who notice that. 

Also, it's not just Goebbel's vocabulary, Trump also obviously mimics Mussolini's facial expressions and body language. I wouldn't be surprised he ordered extra thick soles, just like Benito used to wear, since people noticed he was lying about his exact height too. (Not that exact height matters to sane people, but it does obviously matter to Trump.) 

And let's not forget Stalin's readiness to dehumanize political opposition among own nation... it's like Trump takes bits and pieces from various totalitarian figures and glues them randomly together in attempt to make them part of his own, otherwise monumentally insecure personality.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, joc said:

I haven't` say he to be a Nazi yet, I say he is using the same rhetoric as the Nazis did, cant you see that? In both cases, the results are the same: division, hate and glorification of the "leader". And he is not only using the Nazi`s rhetoric. Do you remember when the clown made jokes on TV about the handicapped NYT jounalist Serge Kovaleski? He earned applause and laughter from the audience for that stunt and that fact is exactly the result of Nazi behavior. We had that in Germany already, it started in the very same fashion and resulted into the "Euthanasia Laws" a few years later, taking thousands of handicapped people, kids as well, into the gas chambers or been executed by whatever. Or used by Josef Mengele for experiments on humans.

Wake up and watch the beginning carefully.

Edited by toast
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, toast said:

From 2014 up until today ca. 800k refugees from Syria came to Germany, thats <1.0% of our population. Overrun? Do the math, genius. Nevertheless, Germany is still a much more safer place to stay than the US because we do not have morons running around with AR14s in schools and other public places and doing something weird.

Not like it doesn't happen there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_Germany,

Loss of liberty is the trade off. Germany doesn't guarantee the fundamental right to keep and bear arms. That's our "problem."

Harte

• Thanks 1

The Left is acting more like NAZI's than the right.   It's just that the left uses the media in their fear mongering playbook. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, toast said:

And he is not only using the Nazi`s rhetoric. Do you remember when the clown made jokes on TV about the handicapped NYT jounalist Serge Kovaleski? He earned applause and laughter from the audience for that stunt and that fact is exactly the result of Nazi behavior.

I see you DO have fake news. You didn't know that this so-called "mocking" of a handicapped reporter was bogus, entirely made up by the media?

Trump simply gestured in the same way he has dozens of other times about other people - including himself. Nothing about the reporter's handicap was involved or intended (other than the reporter's "handicap" in his reporting.)

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Harte said:

I see you DO have fake news. You didn't know that this so-called "mocking" of a handicapped reporter was bogus, entirely made up by the media?

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same issue. I means this one:

Beside the open question, do you feel comfortable to be headed by a person with such an idiotic behavior?

Trump simply gestured in the same way he has dozens of other times about other people - including himself. Nothing about the reporter's handicap was involved or intended (other than the reporter's "handicap" in his reporting.)

Please provide a link/vid where is is acting in the same way as in the vid above.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

Trump is no dictator. He the worlds biggest fool, acting like an elephant in a porcelain shop.

Every step, every move, every word, he destroys something that took decades to build.

I can hardly wait till this man is off. What a joy it will be. But I refuse to predict his 2020 departure from office. I just hope.

Oh yeah how so? Because I'll tell you what, I'm making more money than I have in my entire life. If him making the economy turn around and bring in more work than there has been in my entire life is destroying something that took decades to build is what he's doing, then I hope he continues to do so.

See what I can't stand is the liberal NPC mentality. They told you how to feel, and you obliged. He's doing great, sure he should put down Twitter but I don't care. I hope he destroys everything the liberals tried to build, like convincing a 5 year old he's allowed to choose his gender. Liberals have destroyed the American family and any sense of direction a kid should feel. Then you wonder why you have a bunch of self entitled little punks shooting up schools. But the idiots will sit there and blame the gun. It's disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The question is, can't you see how ridiculous it is to go back at Goebbels in 21st century? 

Everyone sane is noticing that Trump is obviously trying to borrow the pages from 1930's Nazi book. It's Trump's fault that he's trying to act like a Nazi, not the fault of those who notice that. 

Also, it's not just Goebbel's vocabulary, Trump also obviously mimics Mussolini's facial expressions and body language. I wouldn't be surprised he ordered extra thick soles, just like Benito used to wear, since people noticed he was lying about his exact height too. (Not that exact height matters to sane people, but it does obviously matter to Trump.) 

And let's not forget Stalin's readiness to dehumanize political opposition among own nation... it's like Trump takes bits and pieces from various totalitarian figures and glues them randomly together in attempt to make them part of his own, otherwise monumentally insecure personality.  

Bebe...

I think it is more what you WANT to see than what is actually there.

...Look out ...here come the Rhetoric Police...watch what you say...watch your mannerisms...you might disappear in the middle of the night for using the wrong hand gesture.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast said:

Germany is still a much more safer place to stay than the US because we do not have morons running around with AR14s in schools and other public places and doing something weird.

Yeah...and AH kept the trains running on time.  Or...do we all want to go live in Saudi Arabia?  Pretty safe there as well.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Harte said:

I didnt said they dont happen here, but thanks for the link anyway. If you look into the figures you will see that the list starts in 1913 (one-nine-one-three) and ends in 2016. In that period of time, 103 years, there were 80 (eight-zero) fatalities by mass shootings here in Germany and thats 0,77 fatalities by mass shootings per year here in Germany.

Please be so kind and provide the number of fatalities by mass shootings in the US in between 1913 and 2016, just for comparison purposes and to judge which of our both countries is the safer place to stay.

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Yeah...and AH kept the trains running on time.  Or...do we all want to go live in Saudi Arabia?  Pretty safe there as well.  

What?

22 minutes ago, TomasaurusREKT said:

Then you wonder why you have a bunch of self entitled little punks shooting up schools. But the idiots will sit there and blame the gun. It's disgusting.

Its disgusting that self entitled little punks are allowed to own/buy guns in the US. But, hell no, thats not the problem blahblahblah ...

1 minute ago, toast said:

What?

Do YOU even read your own posts?  :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, joc said:
3 hours ago, toast said:

Germany is still a much more safer place to stay than the US because we do not have morons running around with AR14s in schools and other public places and doing something weird.

Hitler kept the trains on time and it was very safe to live in Nazi Germany...unless you were a Jew or anti Nazi.  Your comparison to being safer because people aren't shooting up the joint.  No one in prison is shooting up the joint either.  I'd rather be free in America than behind the Aluminum Curtain.

• Thanks 1

Just now, joc said:

Hitler kept the trains on time and it was very safe to live in Nazi Germany...unless you were a Jew or anti Nazi. 

Are you sloshed already? Germany a safe place 1938-1945?

I'd rather be free in America than behind the Aluminum Curtain.

Your choice, enjoy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toast said:

Are you sloshed already? Germany a safe place 1938-1945?

Your choice, enjoy.

Wait....forget it...ANY comparisons to anything of that era is a bad idea....never mind...

You are right...

So...rhetoric is rhetoric...similarities in rhetoric do not a Nazi make.  That's all I was really saying Toast.  And...I don't live in Germany obviously...and I am subjected to non-stop Leftist Propaganda from the US Main stream media outlets.  Bush was literally called Hitler....same with Trump..not alluding to Rhetoric, but actually compared to Hitler.  It's a page out of the Lefts playbook in America.

It's really not fair I suppose that I extrapolate the American crock of crap we have to put up with  onto you. For that I apologize.  It's okay if you don't like Trump...