Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Kill Or To Capture Bigfoot... Mmmm

Unusual Tournament

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

This shows how little this guy knows.   People hunt large animals that they kill with body shots all the time.    

Also, if I had to choose, I would choose that it was captured.  

For a large, predatory mammal of the size Sasquatch is purported to be, you would need a .270 at the bare minimum.  A weatherby 300 magnum would in fact be preferable.  You do not want to simply wound an animal of that size and power.  If the creature exists, reports suggest it fills a similar ecological niche to the brown bear.  I don't know how familiar anyone here is with big game hunting, but a wounded brown bear isn't going to run off like your typical white tail buck.  It is going to come straight for you with homicidal intent.  The Sasquatch would likely respond in a similar manner.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

For a large, predatory mammal of the size Sasquatch is purported to be, you would need a .270 at the bare minimum.  A weatherby 300 magnum would in fact be preferable.  You do not want to simply wound an animal of that size and power.  If the creature exists, reports suggest if fills a similar ecological niche to the brown bear.  I don't know how familiar anyone here is with big game hunting, but a wounded brown bear isn't going to run off like your typical white tail buck.  It is going to come straight for you with homicidal intent.  The Sasquatch would likely respond in a similar manner.

But the guy said that it "had" to be a head shot.   I disagree.   Unless you have the time to get a sure head shot, a chest shot would do the trick. 

Weren't we always told that bigfoot is closer to a human than a bear?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Myles said:

But the guy said that it "had" to be a head shot.   I disagree.   Unless you have the time to get a sure head shot, a chest shot would do the trick. 

Weren't we always told that bigfoot is closer to a human than a bear?

The alleged Bigfoots are closer to human in that they are proported to be primates. But ecologically, the reports suggest they are large omnivores who will actively hunt large hooded mammals when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

This shows how little this guy knows.   People hunt large animals that they kill with body shots all the time.    

Also, if I had to choose, I would choose that it was captured.  

you have a point. body shot to the heart or another vital organ will end it for most large animals but bigfoot, its assumed has a higher intelligence and therefore if you can't put him down cleanly then its gonna be a problem if he starts hunting you. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Farmer77 said:

Dear God people who pop into a bigfoot thread just to say there is no bigfoot are freaking annoying

Here to provide my perspective based on my own real life experience. Sorry if my contrasting opinion exasperates you.

NOOO! You do neither! Just don't pester them. Their more intelligent then you or I & have forsaken us because we're horrible. Sure they have their bad seed too but they can't hold a candle to us for just being generally awful. Please just leave them alone in peace.Don't try to drag them into the nightmare we've created.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:38 PM, Farmer77 said:

Dear God people who pop into a bigfoot thread just to say there is no bigfoot are freaking annoying

<grin>   Ya think?  That's all they have to do in life. "Let's go screw with ppl"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

Here to provide my perspective based on my own real life experience. Sorry if my contrasting opinion exasperates you.

Its not a contrasting opinion in the context of this thread though. You answered a question that wasnt asked.

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its not a contrasting opinion in the context of this thread though. You answered a question that wasnt asked.

It is actually. The context of the thread is debating choices for an animal that does not exist. Killing in order to provide physical evidence or allowing the creature to carry on in the name of being stewards of nature. I simply provided a third option. An option that unfortunately is the most reasonable and realistic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

NOOO! You do neither! Just don't pester them. Their more intelligent then you or I & have forsaken us because we're horrible. Sure they have their bad seed too but they can't hold a candle to us for just being generally awful. Please just leave them alone in peace.Don't try to drag them into the nightmare we've created.

No I think it’s gone beyond just leaving them alone. They had their chance to willingly come outta the shadows and forests but instead they thought it funnier to just keep us guessing and make us look like fools. No more Mr Nice guy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

It is actually. The context of the thread is debating choices for an animal that does not exist. Killing in order to provide physical evidence or allowing the creature to carry on in the name of being stewards of nature. I simply provided a third option. An option that unfortunately is the most reasonable and realistic.

You provide nothing. You sir are a provocateur. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Meh, just make a video game and kill all you want, Why not even give them "special" abilities and inter-dimensional travelers. The more points you get the better the hunting gear.                                                                                                                                                                                             jmccr8                                                                                                                                                                                                    

If Bigfoot was real and had successfully avoided capture all this time, the intelligence that they possess should give them a right not to be killed. 

2 hours ago, GoodReality said:

If Bigfoot was real and had successfully avoided capture all this time, the intelligence that they possess should give them a right not to be killed. 

or maybe their intelligence left unchecked will make the bigfeet the dominate species on the planet. enslaving us all!

1dsubt.jpg

3 hours ago, GoodReality said:

Just for a fun hypothetical. What if killing one to prove their existence was the only way to save habitat which they need to ensure their existence?

39 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

thought and reflection. 

They would be some big juicy steaks! No? Maybe a bit tough...

But more importantly; are they red or white meat? Probably taste like chicken either way...

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

They would be some big juicy steaks! No? Maybe a bit tough...

But more importantly; are they red or white meat? Probably taste like chicken either way...

Patty cakes.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Don Caesar said:

Patty cakes.

But how long do we cook it for? What temperature etc?

I’m really trying to figure it out, but it’s hard when you don’t know if it’s white or red meat/thickness and type of the cut, etc.

I have a bad feeling that they may be riddled with parasites, especially if they never leave droppings behind. So; well done may be the only choice. But then the cooked meat would be probably too tough... I’m at an impasse (not that no evidence of the fella is an impasse, it’s obviously not!). 

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

@Captain Risky: Mmmm; to eat Bigfoot?

Not for me.   I wouldn't eat ape, so bigfoot would not be on my menu.  

Back to the subject of the thread, capture would obviously be the best way.     

I have had a unicorn trap set for years, but have caught nothing yet.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I have had a unicorn trap set for years, but have caught nothing yet.

Did  you bait it properly?

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2018 at 9:05 AM, Trelane said:

You can't prove a negative. This is a way too common problem around this website. People who don't seem to get out much like to say it doesn't exist if I didn't see it and it doesn't fit with sponsored public opinion. They think what they are told to and dont kbow better. Newsflash there is a big world out there. I'm willing to bet most of it you haven't seen or aren't familiar with. Yet it still exists.

If you think a little bit you might realise that everything you've been told doesn't exist carries less weight than the witnesses who tell you it does. Do you get why? Because if somebody sees a donkey in the woods and 5 people tell you there are no donkeys who is correct? The person who saw it or the 5 people that have no clue and are spouting their uninformed opinion on it? It doesn't really matter if you think the witness isn't credible because they are outweighed by the 5 people calling him crazy, fact is fact regardless of your awareness of it or what kind of names you call the witness. 

Now take something like Bigfoot. How many witnesses have there been? I'm not saying anything anybody says is fact but it's kind of idiotic to always ignore the word of every single one in favor of whoever calls them a liar. The people doing that weren't there and are only compounding the problem by pretending to be aware of the truth, which only the witness is.

• Thanks 1