Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Kill Or To Capture Bigfoot... Mmmm

Unusual Tournament

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Not for me.   I wouldn't eat ape, so bigfoot would not be on my menu.  

Back to the subject of the thread, capture would obviously be the best way.     

I have had a unicorn trap set for years, but have caught nothing yet.

You do realize they are extinct right? You will be waiting a long time you'd have better luck catching Bigfoot or one of it's rhino relatives before they also become myth.

• Like 1

Killing one to prove it to the scientific community is only something a supreme narcissist, or someone desperate for recognition would do.

A respectable human would be content simply knowing they exist, and wouldn't feel the need to prove anything to anybody - least of all a bunch of naysaying ignorant skeptics. 

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PrisonerX said:

Killing one to prove it to the scientific community is only something a supreme narcissist, or someone desperate for recognition would do.

A respectable human would be content simply knowing they exist, and wouldn't feel the need to prove anything to anybody - least of all a bunch of naysaying ignorant skeptics. 

So why do believers always want the scientific community to listen to a bunch of ignorant believers?

Just now, Myles said:

So why do believers always want the scientific community to listen to a bunch of ignorant believers?

You'd have to ask whoever it is you're referring to, because I certainly don't care at all.

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Did  you bait it properly?

Ja, @Myles, most people don’t know; unicorns only eat fresh Bigfoot flesh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrisonerX said:

After fifty plus years of being teased about it's existence, I'd nail that sucker in a cold minute. Respectability and three dollars will just buy you a weird cup of coffee at Starbucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don't need you to shoot one, just take some high quality photos and get some DNA testable evidence.

According to the folklore the easiest way to capture one is to leave out an animal carcass or pile of rotting meat with a bucket of wine next to it. The creature will eat all the meat and and then drink the whole bucket of wine and pass out, making them easy to capture.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

You can't prove a negative. This is a way too common problem around this website. People who don't seem to get out much like to say it doesn't exist if I didn't see it and it doesn't fit with sponsored public opinion. They think what they are told to and dont kbow better. Newsflash there is a big world out there. I'm willing to bet most of it you haven't seen or aren't familiar with....

Clearly, you have not read my other posts in regards to my experience which shapes my opinion. When you say negative, how do mean that exactly? A negative result after searching for over 24 years? Then yes, that's accurate. If negative due to my stance formed by my absolute lack of observable evidence of the creature from the aforementioned searches, then so be it. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm simply providing my opinion. Again, my apologies if it contrasts to yours. However, I do not apologize for the lack of evidence of a urban myth that there is no credible evidence for.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Timothy said:

But how long do we cook it for? What temperature etc?

I’m really trying to figure it out, but it’s hard when you don’t know if it’s white or red meat/thickness and type of the cut, etc.

I have a bad feeling that they may be riddled with parasites, especially if they never leave droppings behind. So; well done may be the only choice. But then the cooked meat would be probably too tough... I’m at an impasse (not that no evidence of the fella is an impasse, it’s obviously not!). 

Maybe a marinade in Jack Danials with some crushed peppers and garlic.

jmccr8

7 hours ago, Razumov said:

We don't need you to shoot one, just take some high quality photos and get some DNA testable evidence.

According to the folklore the easiest way to capture one is to leave out an animal carcass or pile of rotting meat with a bucket of wine next to it. The creature will eat all the meat and and then drink the whole bucket of wine and pass out, making them easy to capture.

That wouldn't be taken as proof in the least by anyone who doesn't already know they exist.

They'll need multiple bodies before they'll believe it's not just a one-off deformed person of some sort & it's DNA is human so that wont work either.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

That wouldn't be taken as proof in the least by anyone who doesn't already know they exist.

They'll need multiple bodies before they'll believe it's not just a one-off deformed person of some sort & it's DNA is human so that wont work either.

what if bigfoot is the missing link, what if were all related to bigfoot? 

4 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

You don't know that.   Since no physical proof has been found, we don't know what it would take for people to believe.  Just a bone was enough for the "scientific community" to believe in Gigantopithecus which lived over a hundred thousand years ago.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

With what a horny horse?:whistle:

jmccr8

Traditionally it is a teenage female virgin. Brings those unicorns in like a 50% off Black Friday sale brings in shoppers.

Maybe the mythical creature is the teenage virgin? Thus unicorns have passed away due to lack of interest in the world.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Myles said:

You don't know that.   Since no physical proof has been found, we don't know what it would take for people to believe.  Just a bone was enough for the "scientific community" to believe in Gigantopithecus which lived over a hundred thousand years ago.  

Just a single pile of poop was what was used to define and then go looking for the Bili Ape, a sub-species (sub-culture?) of chimpanzee.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

what if bigfoot is the missing link, what if were all related to bigfoot? 

Shoot 'em.

Uh... For SCIENCE!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EsotericScience said:

DNA and high quality photos would be good for me and the scientific community/most of the general public.

If there are idiot Bigfoot believers who accept bad evidence over real evidence, that’s their problem. 

Really; what the hell are you trying to say? Is it from a believers mouth? Because it doesn’t make sense...

15 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Maybe a marinade in Jack Danials with some crushed peppers and garlic.

jmccr8

I’d be happy with that. You don’t want to overwhelm the Bigfoot flavour too much in initial trials. 

If i can get my hands on multiple Bigfoot steaks/Bigfeet?; I have a claimed secret marinade I’d soak the sucker in overnight. (It’s maybe used by other people, but I ain’t a great cook and created it myself (I think), so it’s my secret marinade for now.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Shoot 'em.

Uh... For SCIENCE!

Unless you could prove you’re being attacked I think purposely going out to kill Bigfoot would cause the authorities to view it as killing an endangered species.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Unless you could prove you’re being attacked I think purposely going out to kill Bigfoot would cause the authorities to view it as killing an endangered species.

Possibly retroactively. :tu:

But, who ever did shoot BF and bring him in would be world wide famous regardless.

I'd risk it myself.

• Like 2

How do you know what you think is a Bigfoot isn't a human before you shoot it?

The most likely outcome of your idiot Bigfoot hunting fantasy is a manslaughter charge.

3 hours ago, Razumov said:

The most likely outcome of your idiot Bigfoot hunting fantasy is a manslaughter charge.

True. But then I don't think a jury in the world would send you to jail for a day for shooting some idiot dressed up as BF and trying to shock people.

Result - Darwin award for some idiot... or, a dead BF and worldwide fame.

There are lots of reports where hunters say they have had BF in their sights and NOT shot him, because he looked way too human. Skeptics of course scoff at this and say that if BF was real, those hunters would have shot him. Or, at least this is my impressions after talking about BF for over 13 years now on UM. Probably the one subject that I've posted the most on here....

Edited by DieChecker

9 hours ago, Razumov said:

That famous old quote:

"If you shoot a redneck in the woods and there is no one there to witness it, is it manslaughter"??????

38 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

That famous old quote:

"If you shoot a redneck in the woods and there is no one there to witness it, is it manslaughter"??????

That depends. is the redneck wearing a baseball cap or a hat ?

~

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

That depends. is the redneck wearing a baseball cap or a hat ?

~

If he wears the baseball hat back to front, he should be shot twice.

• Haha 2