Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Kill Or To Capture Bigfoot... Mmmm

Unusual Tournament

To Kill Or To Capture Bigfoot: The Great Cryptozoological Debate

“You would need a heavy-duty rifle,” according to Jim Lansdale, co-founder of the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organisation (GCBRO). “I would suggest a 30-aught-six or better; .458 or something like that. Maybe a seven-mag’. But it’s all shot placement and you’d have to shoot him in the head. You can’t body-shoot him. They’re too big.”

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/08/to-kill-or-to-capture-bigfoot-the-great-cryptozoological-debate/

• Like 1

You might as well kill it if it exists,There won't be any wilderness left soon anyway.I could kill it with a .22 as I have big boars here with a well placed head shot.I'll just pretend it my ex mrs to make it easier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

“You would need a heavy-duty rifle,” according to Jim Lansdale, co-founder of the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organisation (GCBRO). “I would suggest a 30-aught-six or better; .458 or something like that. Maybe a seven-mag’. But it’s all shot placement and you’d have to shoot him in the head. You can’t body-shoot him. They’re too big.”

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/08/to-kill-or-to-capture-bigfoot-the-great-cryptozoological-debate/

there's no such thing as bigfoot

• Like 2

If it has to be one or the other kill would be the humane option.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

If it has to be one or the other kill would be the humane option.

Killing would certainly be easier. I mean we can barely get a decent photo of a Bigfoot. Just imagine how hard it would be to capture him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

there's no such thing as bigfoot

we don’t know that for sure. 

• Like 2

It seems a shame to have to kill something to prove it exists, if it does in fact exist, but that seems to be what will be necessary. If Bigfoot does turn out to be real, and someone does kill it for proof, I wonder how we'll feel about having done so? Will we feel justified or just vindicated? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dear God people who pop into a bigfoot thread just to say there is no bigfoot are freaking annoying

There is no bigfoot

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You can’t body-shoot him. They’re too big.”

Give me a LAW (Light Anti Tank Weapon) I will show you how to body shoot one. There won't be enough left of Bigfoot to pick up with a stick and a spoon! Then Bigfoot believers can strain the remains for the footprints.

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I met him in Red Dead Redemption Two yesterday, seems like a nice dude he's p***ed off with humanity so he hides in a cave lamenting about how everyone is trying to kill him. So I just thew a dynamite in the cave, he's dead now. I have no time for that crap I have a train to rob in Valentine, can't be psychoanalysing Bigfoot.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Give me a LAW (Light Anti Tank Weapon) I will show you how to body shoot one. There won't be enough left of Bigfoot to pick up with a stick and a spoon! Then Bigfoot believers can strain the remains for the footprints.

nah i think you'd be better off with a Barrett M82. more actuate with a greater range. but i do like your enthusiasm for taking the sucker out. 

AEG_E1_Barrett_M107_lg.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

nah i think you'd be better off with a Barrett M82. more actuate with a greater range. but i do like your enthusiasm for taking the sucker out. 

Might as well take Chuck Norris with you at that point

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Might as well take Chuck Norris with you at that point

bigfoot@2x.png?format=1000w

• Haha 4

This has already been posted

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

This has already been posted

All respect to Still Waters but this one has Chuck Norris so it wins!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

All respect to Still Waters but this one has Chuck Norris so it wins!

Absolutely... Chuck wins every time.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've seen a butcher shoot a bull with a .22 and kill it in one shot. So, it really doesn't matter what you shoot bigfoot with, though the bigger the more likely you will kill him.

I'd vote to kill the b*****. Otherwise he might rip cross dimensional and get away. (teasing...) Really though, I'd vote to kill bigfoot rather then capture. Dead would be so much easier to transport and study.

Rather then a "heavy rifle", I'd suggest a scope. Wait till BF stops to smell a flower, and BAM! snip him to the ground.

Bigfoot is just a socio-cultural phenomenon. It doesn't exist.

But, hey, how many Bigfeet do people think there are? What is the scientific estimate of the Bigfoot population across the whole of the US?

• Like 1

I could use this and take out the whole clan:

ob_93b3ce_m1a1-980120-a-0000k-002-192591

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

This shows how little this guy knows.   People hunt large animals that they kill with body shots all the time.    

Also, if I had to choose, I would choose that it was captured.  

• Like 1

Since a type specimen is needed in order for a species to be formally recognized by science, the killing or capture of a Sasquatch is essential in order to prove the animal's existence. 

An expedition similar to that conducted by Tom Slick in the early 1960s should get the job done.  A team of 4-6 armed men, experienced in wilderness survival living in the forested mountains of the Pacific Northwest for 6 months would likely result in a type specimen being taken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1