Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Skipped Arlington

Agent0range

Trump skipped the Veteran's Day ceremony at Arlington Cemetery because he was too busy making phone calls "for the country."  But man, does he love Veterans.  I feel the love every day

President Trump admitted Friday he made a mistake by not attending a public event at Arlington National Cemetery to pay tribute to U.S. soldiers this year on Veterans Day.

“I should have done that,” Trump told “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country; we did a lot of calling as you know.”

Wallace had pointed out that President Barack Obama made a point of going to Arlington every year that he was in Washington on Veterans Day, and pressed Trump, who offered other explanations.

Again, I stand by the position that this draft dodger has not business being honored among the graves of heroes.  Stay away.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-explains-veterans-day-snub-extremely-busy-calls-213733281.html

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Trump skipped the Veteran's Day ceremony at Arlington Cemetery because he was too busy making phone calls "for the country."  But man, does he love Veterans.  I feel the love every day

Clearly the subject of the thread is more important than this one observation but **** the dude cant even get through a single conversation without lying about something

from your link:

“I could have done that. As you know, I just left the day before the American Cemetery, and I probably think, and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine, and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before and I probably, you know, in retrospect I should have and I did last year and I will virtually every year,” Trump said. “But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris, and I really probably assumed that was fine, and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state, and other things.”

In fact, Trump did not attend last year’s ceremony at Arlington, either.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Clearly the subject of the thread is more important than this one observation but **** the dude cant even get through a single conversation without lying about something

from your link:

Wow, I truly didn't even see that part.  I knew he didn't attend last year, but I didn't see where he actually said he did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Maybe because I'm in Ohio this stood out:

In the age of Donald Trump, Nazi references are way out of control in American political discourse.

How out of hand? Even some of the wonky, nice guys in politics are making them.

But that doesn't excuse Ohio gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray, who made a bizarre comment likening some Republicans to Nazi collaborators while speaking in Lima before last month's primary. Politics Extra on Monday obtained a video of Cordray's speech to the Allen County Democratic Party Women's Club on March 8.

Wrong thread, bro.

• Like 1

Wasn't he in France not going to a ceremony there? 

6 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Wasn't he in France not going to a ceremony there? 

There are these imaginary lines called time zones.  

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Does that make it better that the POTUS skipped veterans day events to play on twitter?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Does that make it better that the POTUS skipped veterans day events to play on twitter?

No, but fact checks are good for all of us, and happen less frequently than they should.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

No, but fact checks are good for all of us, and happen less frequently than they should.

Cant argue with that.

I hadnt personally heard the claim that was being fact checked so it came across as reaching for positives to me.

• Like 1