Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Oldest Bigfoot Photo.

Commander CMG

There is an astonishing photo from Canada taken in 1894 which would seem to be the oldest known photograph of bigfoot. The photo had originally been sent to Tom Biscardi by Lyle Billett of Victoria, Canada. Cryptomundo blogger Loren Coleman then posted the photo on his website, where I saw it. The photo also appears in the updated version of the 1982 book Bigfoot Casebook by Colin and Janet Bord.

Read More

• Like 7

I agree with Piney. The article says the Bigfoot was killed by Hudson Bay fur-trappers and mountain men in the wilds of Canada.

What were fur-trappers and mountain men on snowshoes doing humping the old glass-plate box cameras on tripods around with them in the wilderness?

Never happened.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

What were fur-trappers and mountain men on snowshoes doing humping the old glass-plate box cameras on tripods around with them in the wilderness?

I hump around with only what's necessary and even humping around with a SF10 during my Bigfoot hunting-nature photography days was a pain. 

• Like 1

So I started reading the link.   They start by talking about how the Hudson Company was "like" a government back them.   I wonder to myself, why would they include that instead of talking about the bigfoot.    Then it dawns on my that this article will end in a government conspiracy theory.  

none of this makes sense.   I say it is all fake.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

They start by talking about how the Hudson Company was "like" a government back them.  

That part is sort of true. On a local level. But they still answered to the Crown 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

That part is sort of true. On a local level. But they still answered to the Crown 

Yes, focusing on the Hudson Company being "like a government" early and often in the start of an article about a bigfoot photo seems to be a way of linking to government cover ups.   Even in the 1800's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, focusing on the Hudson Company being "like a government" early and often in the start of an article about a bigfoot photo seems to be a way of linking to government cover ups.   Even in the 1800's.

Agreed,

but that is a woocrap M.O. :lol:

• Like 2

To me this photograph struck me as looking like a dead mountain lion. With that being said, there are many purported sightings of hairy bipedal hominids dating to the 19th century. Many of these are quite convincing. They along with ancient Indian legends at the very least demonstrate that Sasquatch was not invented in the mid 20th century by Rant Mullens as many skeptics like to proclaim.

The further in time these legends and reports can be traced, the more likely they are to be a real flesh and blood animal. 

There is another early photograph, taken in 1940, which may prove to be authentic. I will attempt to track it down. It does look as if it may be genuine if I can recall.

• Like 1

I believe the photo is probably real, the subject matter said to be depicted perhaps not.

I agree with Lord Harry and Carnoferox, the shoulders look wrong and the elbows and wrists appear to bend in a more quadrupedal way than a biped. Plus it appears to have a muzzle and its hands look like paws, or it was wearing mittens...

Hard to tell from a grainy washed out photo. Even the earliest photos of bigfoot blur :D

My grandmother was a mountain woman. She mined, hunted, trapped furs, and took a lot of pictures. She maybe weighed 100 lbs.

Like Piney I hate carrying a camera in the woods, but google 1800s miners, or loggers, or trappers and you will find a lot of pictures. Some expeditions probably hired a photographer to document. If you look at Lewis & Clarks journals for instance they drew a lot of pictures so I could see how a photographer might be a welcome member.

I have more issues with the caption on the back. Just sounds bogus. 

All old photos are real!

See the source image

• Like 2

It's definitely a genuine fake photograph.

• Like 1

It must be real. Normally they prop up, and pose with the trophy kill. Bigfoot smells so bad they left it where it died.

This smells of genuine authenticity. 

:D

Odd that a photo does not have something on the back such as "unknown animal" or "beast" or "ape" or anything like that. 

That suggests to  me that the creature in the photo was well known to the people and not some strange animal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Odd that a photo does not have something on the back such as "unknown animal" or "beast" or "ape" or anything like that. 

That suggests to  me that the creature in the photo was well known to the people and not some strange animal.

Maybe the Bigfeet population was so robust around that area that it was indeed a well known animal to the people who shot it?

Hunted into obscurity all because they didn't want to wear pants....it's a shame really.

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2018 at 4:02 AM, Ozymandias said:

I agree with Piney. The article says the Bigfoot was killed by Hudson Bay fur-trappers and mountain men in the wilds of Canada.

Never happened.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:29 AM, Piney said:

I hump around with only what's necessary and even humping around with a SF10 during my Bigfoot hunting-nature photography days was a pain. 

But this says they shot it near their cabin.  And it's not like there weren't cameras around on the frontier.  Also look at the hands.  There is a line strung between them and the snow embedded in the fur looks like it was dragged to the spot where the photo was taken.  I'm not arguing that this is authentic, just showing that your arguments don't hold water.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But this says they shot it near their cabin.  And it's not like there weren't cameras around on the frontier.  Also look at the hands.  There is a line strung between them and the snow embedded in the fur looks like it was dragged to the spot where the photo was taken.  I'm not arguing that this is authentic, just showing that your arguments don't hold water.

Which they still had to hump to to begin with, It's like a logging shack or line shack. Nothing but the things you need and few books and maybe musical instruments. 

And a trapper couldn't afford a plate glass camera, nor would he hump with one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Which they still had to hump to to begin with, It's like a logging shack or line shack. Nothing but the things you need and few books and maybe musical instruments. 

And a trapper couldn't afford a plate glass camera, nor would he hump with one. 

But a Hudson Bay surveyor would and would be out in the wilderness working.  There are plenty of frontier photos from that time period.

Edited by OverSword

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

But a Hudson Bay surveyor would and would be out in the wilderness working.

All the surveyors kept good records and the area was surveyed before the cabin was built. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

All the surveyors kept good records and the area was surveyed before the cabin was built. 

They would then stay at the cabin as a base when they were out surveying. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They would then stay at the cabin as a base when they were out surveying. :P

Tents, If there is a cabin, It's already well surveyed. 

Feeling like a dick tonight, are we? :yes:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Tents, If there is a cabin, It's already well surveyed. 

Feeling like a dick tonight, are we? :yes:

It's snowing.  Why would you stay in a cold tent when it's snowing in 1884?  Yes I am, just a bit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's snowing.  Why would you stay in a cold tent when it's snowing in 1884?  Yes I am, just a bit.

They surveyed in the summer. Trapped in the winter. Have you no common sense?.......wait...your a musican...I bodyguarded musicians.....:huh:

Don't answer that!  :o