Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Van Gorp

Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

2,216 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Van Gorp

Just one of ... the links to be found recently about newly announced findings in the north of Cadiz Spain.

Claimed to be possible Atlantis :-)

Atlantis Cadiz

 

Any thoughts? Be my guest.

For me I wonder when is said:

" A greenish blue patina has been found covering some of the ruins which tests have shown is an ancient combination of metals.

...

He said: 'Plato describes in detail a patina on the buildings and structures of the cities and temples making up this complex.

'We have filmed clear evidence and have collected samples which have been scientifically tested in a lab in Modena, Italy, which is used to test ancient Roman finds.

'The results of the tests prove the age of the finds are older than Roman or Greek, and that they were more advanced.'

"

Any more details on this scientific test?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

I'd call it wishful thinking.

Harte

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Atlantis is amazing. It manages to exist simultaniuosly on all continents and in every ocean and large body of water without ever having actually existed at all.

Its magic??

 

 

(Not serious)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
5 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Its magic??

 

 

(Not serious)

Must be

Probably cause of all the alien crystals and UFO stuff

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd

:whistle::whistle::whistle:
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DebDandelion
29 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Let's settle this once and for all ... everybody check out your windows ... if you see Atlantis, whistle three times ...

~

Do u hear that? Do u?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

Interesting to find out what this patina is and exactly how old the site may be. Until we know that, the rest is conjecture. 

Regrettable how the linkage with the Atlantis Story gets it blown off entirely. There seems to be ruins there, and they do not seem to be known as Roman or Greek yet, so it IS interesting. 

What is strange about it though is that all we know so far is an alleged patina we are checking to find out what it is, yet they talk about how advanced the people were. I am not sure anything supports that yet from this little bit of data.

The harbor I don't buy yet from the few pictures I saw. It could as likely have been naturally formed by a catastrophic outflow from the inland sea in that area due to glacial retraction, at this point. No dates, no relativity to known events. JMO as an armchair history fan.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van Gorp
2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Regrettable how the linkage with the Atlantis Story gets it blown off entirely. There seems to be ruins there, and they do not seem to be known as Roman or Greek yet, so it IS interesting. 

Yes it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenn8779

Very cool find... thinking it's a little early to call it Atlantis though. LOL Definitely looking forward to seeing what comes from more research and study of the site.

Question for those who might know...they talk of advanced concrete. Didn't the Romans use an advanced concrete? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane

The Merlin Burrows expedition described in the Daily Mail is discussed here.

(A few years back, under the name Merlin Down, it appears that they tried to find the Beatrice, the ship bearing the sarcophagus from the pyramid of Menkaure that sank on the voyage home.  As nothing more was ever heard, presumably that expedition ended in disappointment).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

So help me, if all this Atlantis talk brings back Mario Dantas, I will send down the Curiously Effulgent and Heinously Reeking Curse of the Hounds on you all.

On. You. All. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

 Mario Dantas

 

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

 Mario Dantas

 

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

 Mario Dantas

:devil:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keithisco
5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Interesting to find out what this patina is and exactly how old the site may be. Until we know that, the rest is conjecture. 

Regrettable how the linkage with the Atlantis Story gets it blown off entirely. There seems to be ruins there, and they do not seem to be known as Roman or Greek yet, so it IS interesting. 

What is strange about it though is that all we know so far is an alleged patina we are checking to find out what it is, yet they talk about how advanced the people were. I am not sure anything supports that yet from this little bit of data.

The harbor I don't buy yet from the few pictures I saw. It could as likely have been naturally formed by a catastrophic outflow from the inland sea in that area due to glacial retraction, at this point. No dates, no relativity to known events. JMO as an armchair history fan.

Just on one point... I am not aware of any inland sea north of Cadiz during the Last Glacial Maximum, and there is no evidence for any glaciation at all in the Iberian Peninsula or France for that matter (Alps and Pyrenees notwithstanding due to elevation). Much of the UK was also free of ice according to latest University of Sheffield research.

As for Atlantis? nah just an allegory

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

Motion to ban the creation of any more Atlantis threads.

All in favor?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

Just like there is no such thing as aliens.

There is no such thing as Atlantis.  It was a moral allegory invented by Plato. Though perhaps based partially on corrupted memories of the Minoans. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
1 hour ago, Piney said:

 

 

:devil:

Bad Piney ! Go to your room and think about what you just did.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

So help me, if all this Atlantis talk brings back Mario Dantas, I will send down the Curiously Effulgent and Heinously Reeking Curse of the Hounds on you all.

On. You. All. 

—Jaylemurph 

That image Polar just posted looks eerily familiar...........

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Bad Piney ! Go to your room and think about what you just did.

:o NO! 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

That image Polar just posted looks eerily familiar...........

Mario Dantas would explain that. It’s the same one he used. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
10 hours ago, Van Gorp said:

Just one of ... the links to be found recently about newly announced findings in the north of Cadiz Spain.

Claimed to be possible Atlantis :-)

Atlantis Cadiz

 

Any thoughts? Be my guest.

For me I wonder when is said:

" A greenish blue patina has been found covering some of the ruins which tests have shown is an ancient combination of metals.

...

He said: 'Plato describes in detail a patina on the buildings and structures of the cities and temples making up this complex.

'We have filmed clear evidence and have collected samples which have been scientifically tested in a lab in Modena, Italy, which is used to test ancient Roman finds.

'The results of the tests prove the age of the finds are older than Roman or Greek, and that they were more advanced.'

"

Any more details on this scientific test?

 Really talked with every researchers  that thought it was Spain , you named him,:) I thought it was a city of   Tartessos  but studied it so much they could never find it :(  no scientist  proof of a Atlantis in the Atlantis ocean:)

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartessos

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

Image: Atlantis rings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
2 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Motion to ban the creation of any more Atlantis threads.

All in favor?

I'd be fine with that. Has there ever been an imaginary place over which so many gullible people has struggle so hard?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.